Page 53 of 608 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 12157

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Amazon's download of the week is Darkspore for $12 (NA only, I think.)

GamersGate has a funky sale that includes the intriguing precursors for $15. If you get it, be sure to get all the ancillary materials (Beamdog has a nice patch). It's actually quite good and strange.

Steam's deal of the day is the lovely Trine for $5.
    A word of warning on Precursors: It has Starforce. Personally, intriguing as it may look, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Steam seems a bit confused right now. Trine is their daily deal even though it has been the daily deal only one week ago. Considering how often it has been on sale, I think most people have it already. Maybe they're going to change it. Gift it to someone while it's still there!
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I've been hankering for a football game for a while, and as FIFA 12 is reviewing well before its release on Friday, I was wondering if any of you chaps might know where the best deal for it is? Would be amazing to find it somewhere under 20, but I suspect that's not too likely.

Quote Originally Posted by AJH View Post
    Would be amazing to find it somewhere under 20, but I suspect that's not too likely.
    http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/F...NED-IMAGE.html

I've bought a few keys there and they always worked (and I got scans for some of them, so they are legit). However, while they always claim to get the keys on or before release date, I've never gotten a key until 24-48 hours after the official release of a game. Also, some of their Steam keys are Russian and can only be activated in Russia.

That's helpful, thanks. I'm not entirely comfortable with buying keys, though, I'm not entirely sure how legit it is in these situations. It may very well be fine but it doesn't sit entirely well with me. Is there a store/DD retailer doing it at a similarish/slightly more expensive price?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was about to suggest Gamersgate, but they seem to have hiked it to 30. I definitely pre-ordered for 25 a couple of weeks ago. Doh.

Standard mail order price (Amazon/Gameplay/Play etc) seems to be 25 still.

Network Hub
    The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium can be had for 30$ at Green Man Gaming. Just use the voucher ONLYO-NDIGI-TAL20 for 20% off.

That link to GMG is a referral link. If you sign up using that link and then buy a game we both get 5 dollars/euros/whatever you happen to be using.
    Last edited by Wengart; 27-09-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJH View Post
    That's helpful, thanks. I'm not entirely comfortable with buying keys, though, I'm not entirely sure how legit it is in these situations. It may very well be fine but it doesn't sit entirely well with me.
    I hear you; when I buy there, it's mostly games I want to try but don't want to spend 30-40€ on as I always wonder about the legality as well.
    I bought CoD:MW from a different CD-key store back in the day and had the key revoked from Steam about a week later (from what I could gather those were legit Asian keys that were not supposed to be sold to the rest of the world) so there's always some risk involved it seems.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium can be had for 30$ at Green Man Gaming. Just use the voucher ONLYO-NDIGI-TAL20 for 20% off.
    Public service announcement: It's on Steam sale right now, too, and it comes out to about $1.50 cheaper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Public service announcement: It's on Steam sale right now, too, and it comes out to about $1.50 cheaper.
    It also gets permanently reduced in price later this week according to GOG, so it's possible it will become even cheaper. If not, might as well wait until the Steam sale this Christmas.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    A word of warning on Precursors: It has Starforce. Personally, intriguing as it may look, I don't think it's worth the risk.
    The Gamersgate version doesn't. Or at least it didn't, don't think they've changed it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archonsod View Post
    The Gamersgate version doesn't. Or at least it didn't, don't think they've changed it.
    I can only speak for the US site, but Gamersgate clearly states that it does have Starforce.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by vinraith; 28-09-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    So does the UK one, apparently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As per usual with new releases, Amazon has Driver: San Francisco for 20% off, making the download $40

For NA only, I'm pretty sure.

Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec
    Does anyone have an invite to SteamGifts?

I am a broke person and it would be greatly appreciated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Try the kindness club, not the bargain thread.

S.P.A.Z 3.35 at GMG, I think today only. It just went down to the price that made me bash the impulse buy button.

Doesn't activate on Steam (I just tried) but should run without the crappy GMG Capsule thingy I think after you've downloaded.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Thanks, time to spend that store credit I got out of those free games they handed out.

Frozen Synapse, humbly pay what you want:

http://www.humblebundle.com/?fs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Frozen Synapse, humbly pay what you want:

http://www.humblebundle.com/?fs
    Thanks. I didn't get a mail about this bundle for some reason, so I hadn't heard about it.