Page 530 of 577 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540 ... LastLast
Results 10,581 to 10,600 of 11527

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivcs View Post
    Take on Helicopters Bundle 90% off @£1.59 on steam. Strangely not listed on offers page. Believe the offer is for a week or so. No idea if its any good and I don't need any more games but 90% off ..maybe
    I think it's worth it, yeah. It's basically a little more complex than Arma 2's flight model and comes with simple clickable cockpits, it's playable with a keyboard and mouse but you'll want something analogue after you try to land for the first time; doing the collective (rotor pitch, i.e. go up/down) with a keyboard is a bit of a shitter. I found it was always too much, then too little and so on. A controller or flight stick (if you have a flight stick you really should get this, by the way, to make the purchase more worthwhile) would be perfect. Graphics are pretty much what you'd expect if you've played Arma 2 except the terrain detail is, like, painted on if it's not a 3D model which is absolutely horrendous if you fly close to the ground in, say, the suburbs of the city; from high up it looks bad, but when you get down to the ground you can see that what looked like a road is just a grey colour over the grass texture. It's weird and disappointing but also not exactly a surprise. Helicopter models are great though. There's a story, there's a combat flashback section and the HIND DLC adds a metric shitload of HINDs.

All in all, if you like piloting machinery, it's pretty damn good. Not a full-on sim but not too simple either.

Network Hub
    Other discounts in the weekly sale on Steam (that I found interesting)

Stealth bastard deluxe + DLC - 2.29 euros
    Unity of command - 4.74 euros

And of course, One finger death punch is finally on Steam, although I seem to remember it was cheaper on Desura, but can't be bothered to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Trelow View Post
    Thanks. I was just looking for a deal on Raiden Legacy earlier this week.
    Hope you've enjoyed it. :)
    DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Other discounts in the weekly sale on Steam (that I found interesting)

Unity of command - 4.74 euros
    For some reason I can't understand yet, the demo didn't really click on me the first time. But, as I love turn based strategy (and specially this kind of tactical games), I gave it another shot. And I am REALLY glad I did. What a great game. Don't know how I missed it the first time. Thanks for mentioning it! ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unity of Command's really selling point is that the AI is smart enough to teach you to play the game better

That was it's massive selling-point to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    And of course, One finger death punch is finally on Steam, although I seem to remember it was cheaper on Desura, but can't be bothered to check.
    One Finger Death Punch is so, so good. You should play it.

​FireFlower Games

Weeklong deal on Reversion 1 & 2 - 78% off.

Mittwoch Deal on the DRM-free version of Zigfrak - 33% off.
    DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not an outright bargain as-such - just a heads-up

I fancied Tower of Guns - I'm UK based and it's £8.74 on Steam

or £7.99 on the Humble Store (Steam Key)

or £6.24 if you use the developer's "Humble Widget" which keeps the price in $ (9.99)!!

Obviously you need a payment method which avoids currency fees (e.g. PayPal) but I thought it was worth highlighting this

Humble changing their store in 'native' currency may well obsolete it for many people - that's a fairly decent saving buying the SAME thing from the SAME people!!

Just FYI :)

GOG has it for the same price... for now. :]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    GOG has it for the same price... for now. :]
    No Steam key there tho I guess?

The Walking Dead Season 2 is 33% off on Steam at the moment. By the look of it Episode two has just dropped as well. Does anyone know how it's going? I've not heard much buzz about Season 2 so far, and if memory serves a few of TellTale's writers left After Season 1?

So my question is: is it any good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    The Walking Dead Season 2 is 33% off on Steam at the moment. By the look of it Episode two has just dropped as well. Does anyone know how it's going? I've not heard much buzz about Season 2 so far, and if memory serves a few of TellTale's writers left After Season 1?

So my question is: is it any good?
    The writers left after season 2 was finished. Sometimes they'll do rewrites between episodes, but for the most part the guys who worked on season 1 did season 2.

There's also been tonnes of buzz about season 2 so far, its just a different kind. Season 1 was pretty unique. Season 2 is good so far. But its only 2 episodes in. If you're unsure of it, perhaps wait until its done.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Currently on dailyroyale: Spaceforce Constellations for 3.59 euros - steam & desura keys supplied, still running for 5 1/2 days.

Anyone still waiting for a deal on the splendid Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. 75% of at GMG, £3.74.

There's a 20% code but 10 £/$/€ minimum spend.

Network Hub
    The current deal over at IndieGameStand is Gateways (steam & desura keys for $1 or more, includes Adventures of Shuggy when you beat the average, currently $1.65). Recommended!

The charity involved is Amnesty International. Deal runs till Wednesday, 4AM UTC.

That's a really good deal, anyone who enjoys brain-bending puzzle platformers must have Gateways in their life.

Also, I think the release of One Finger Death Punch on Steam hasn't got the attention it deserves. It's 4 dollars, 3.20 pounds or 4 euros, and even if you only play the first five levels, it's completely worth it. The game is just utterly spectacular, you really don't want to miss it. If you want to get it even cheaper, you can get it DRM-free at ShinyLoot for $2. Get punching!

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    That's a really good deal, anyone who enjoys brain-bending puzzle platformers must have Gateways in their life.

Also, I think the release of One Finger Death Punch on Steam hasn't got the attention it deserves. It's 4 dollars, 3.20 pounds or 4 euros, and even if you only play the first five levels, it's completely worth it. The game is just utterly spectacular, you really don't want to miss it. If you want to get it even cheaper, you can get it DRM-free at ShinyLoot for $2. Get punching!
    TB just did a WTF is on it so maybe more attention will be had.

Rise of Venice is just above the 3€ mark on Nuuvem. Is it really so bad?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not sure if these work outside NA:

South Park: Stick of Truth, Steam key Coupon - MAR20OFF 20% off
    http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/downlo...nsored/5007473

Titanfall, Origin key, Coupon - XXYB8X-LHFV73-66QFG8 $10 off
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/.../shooter/titanfall-na/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    TB just did a WTF is on it so maybe more attention will be had.

Looks like a fun rhythm game, which tend to show up on consoles more than on PC.

Shouldn't it be called "Two Finger Death Punch", since you know, you are using two fingers, not one.