Page 531 of 586 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533541581 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 11702

Thread: PC Bargains

Just one at a time though.

PS. Yes, it's brilliant.

Cheapest Titanfall pre-order price I've seen so far, as found by Savygamer. It's a Polish site - I've just tried it, and using Paypal it came to about £25.50 (they add a small extra fee for using Paypal it seems). There's also a verification process involving sending a code to your mobile, but it all worked for me (thanks to Google translate for the help!)

If that's all too much faff, Simplycdkeys have it for £27.99.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Looks like a fun rhythm game, which tend to show up on consoles more than on PC.

Shouldn't it be called "Two Finger Death Punch", since you know, you are using two fingers, not one.
    It was originally a $1 XBLIG game played with the X and B buttons, hence the name.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    TB just did a WTF is on it so maybe more attention will be had.
    Wow! The gameplay looks fantastic! I think the problem is the art will really put some people off, leading to premature decisions about whether to pick up the game or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some of the peripheral art is a little crude, but in-game it's perfect for what it is. The animations are so perfect and responsive to your actions that I wouldn't want it any other way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    It was originally a $1 XBLIG game played with the X and B buttons, hence the name.
    Well that makes more sense! Although I would be tempted to play it with two thumbs still. Surprised it was a console based game. It just screams touch screen. Would love it on my Nexus 7. But I could see the it not working as well without physical buttons.

Network Hub
    The game gets so frantic at higher levels that I feel like I have to put my mouse in 1Ghz mode to be truly comfortable.
    Maybe it's just me freaking out about nothing but no game has ever made me feel so close to having instantenous feedback to my inputs. I'm afraid that the latency with a touchscreen could be problematic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    One Finger Death Punch is indeed a great game! For all of its simplistic art, it's the game that has made me feel most like a bad-ass ninja. Or a bad-ass in general. The feel of it is terrific, the music is suitably epic and the game modes are varied enough to keep it interesting (although they're all variations of the same theme). It's also one of those games that's as enjoyable for five minutes as it is for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Although I would be tempted to play it with two thumbs still. Surprised it was a console based game. It just screams touch screen.
    I actually played it with two fingers on the 360 pad but the mouse is so much better. I think a touch screen would be a little slow/clunky for that kind of game, unlike Super Hexagon where it's basically a matter of adjusting to touch lag, OFDP often requires you to perform fast sequences of clicks.

And I've only played part of the Student/easiest difficulty - mainly because, although it's fun game to play for half an hour, and it has a lot of cute ideas, it hardly impressed me- the devs said getting bronze medals at higher difficulty levels is quite a task.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

When I activated the game on Steam I played about a dozen levels on Master mode and only in one of them did I fail to get any medal, and that was one with 340 enemies. But then I've had a lot of practice.

Boss rounds are a lot harder though. The bosses are too fast for you to wait and see what their next moveset is going to be, so you have to pay attention to where they dodge.

When I activated the game on Steam I played about a dozen levels on Master mode and only in one of them did I fail to get any medal, and that was one with 340 enemies.
    Might be puffery, or maybe it gets much harder later, I can't tell - that was some comment from the devs when someone sort of criticized some achievements being linked to bronze medals, their reply sounded pretty confident.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Super Sanctum TD is 90% off for just cents on Steam as part of their weeklong deals. Although I suppose by this time everyone has had their fill of TD by now, I thought it was a good TD game with a pretty respectable amount of depth, and cute pixelart isometric graphics.

It's not Defense Grid, but for the equivalent of 4 cards, it's worth a try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Also, I think the release of One Finger Death Punch on Steam hasn't got the attention it deserves. It's 4 dollars, 3.20 pounds or 4 euros, and even if you only play the first five levels, it's completely worth it. The game is just utterly spectacular, you really don't want to miss it. If you want to get it even cheaper, you can get it DRM-free at ShinyLoot for $2. Get punching!
    It's currently part of the latest Bundle Stars, priced at $3.99 for this and seven other games as well.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Amazing deals on Steam for the Call of Duty® games. The inimitable Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 released only recenty (in 2011) is a whopping 50% off, making it only €30. The DLC is also discounted, and adds up to just €28. Similar great deals on Call of Duty® - Black Ops II (2012), which is only €30 now. The DLC is just a little bit more expensive than the one for MW3, at €52. So, only €82 for the whole package.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 11-03-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Amazing deals on Steam for the Call of Duty® games. The inimitable Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 released only recenty (in 2011) is a whopping 50% off, making it only €30. The DLC is also discounted, and adds up to just €28. Similar great deals on Call of Duty® - Black Ops II (2012), which is only €30 now. The DLC is just a little bit more expensive than the one for MW3, at €52. So, only €82 for the whole package.
    I am amazed.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Heads up: Blops2 (which is actually really quite good) has been cheaper from Microsoft quite a few times over the past few months.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Acti-Blizzard rarely put their games on sale at more than 50% off unless they have good reason too.

Good reasons include there being a new full price expansion coming out. That is all.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

"Franchise sale", and BLOPS1 or MW1/2 are still not on sale?

Sigh. I'm never going to get any of these new CoDs.

Thats why I got my CoD games in... other ways

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Acti-Blizzard rarely put their games on sale at more than 50% off unless they have good reason too.

Good reasons include there being a new full price expansion coming out. That is all.
    Actually, they are getting a lot better. Blops2 has hit the 20 dollar mark a few times (admittedly, mostly through MS) and Blizzard themselves did a 20 dollar Heart of the Swarm a few months back.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.