Page 532 of 579 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,640 of 11562

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My issues with D3 were that there simply weren't enough 'carrots' in there - character development was really narrow and limited - I'm assuming that didn't change?

I didn't give a shit about always online or cash auction houses etc. - take em or leave em - but I like my ARPGs to be throwing more skill options at me than I can comfortably keep-up with??

Activated Node
    They've reworked a lot of the skills, so there are many more viable options with builds.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    My issues with D3 were that there simply weren't enough 'carrots' in there - character development was really narrow and limited - I'm assuming that didn't change?

I didn't give a shit about always online or cash auction houses etc. - take em or leave em - but I like my ARPGs to be throwing more skill options at me than I can comfortably keep-up with??

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    "Franchise sale", and BLOPS1 or MW1/2 are still not on sale?

Sigh. I'm never going to get any of these new CoDs.
    It runs from the 11th to the 13th, I'm sure MW1/2 will be on sale eventually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I didn't have the same issue as you did- even at the beginning (and still now) I am constantly tinkering with my skill builds, depending on my mood, what seems to be working, what I just unlocked, or just to keep things fresh. Lots of things are viable, with some play adaptation. That every level gives me three new things to play with never seemed limited to me at all.

Still, your experiences are, of course, valid for you. I've enjoyed exploring the changes they've made to the skills (and there are a lot of them), and many more things do indeed seem viable. The new loot system provides plenty of good carrots for me as well, but it depends how important the loot chase is to you anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm working from memory but most of the 'demo' - when I tried it way-back-when - really didn't offer much in the way of options - most of the skills unlocked were linear etc. - nothing which was optional.

I guess the demo still exists - I should probably give it another whirl...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Think it's a fair point that the first x levels have a bit of a linear progression. Opens up later (level 15-20? been ages since I've done a new character) when you're unlocking skills, runes and passives all over the shop.

Of course it's very plausible that they reworked the initial levelling to polish it a bit. Dunno.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    "Franchise sale", and BLOPS1 or MW1/2 are still not on sale?

Sigh. I'm never going to get any of these new CoDs.
    MW1 was on sale a few times recently for $5.

I wonder if Activision will ever reduce the price on COD1 and 2, or at least sell the warchest for less than $15.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm working from memory but most of the 'demo' - when I tried it way-back-when - really didn't offer much in the way of options - most of the skills unlocked were linear etc. - nothing which was optional.

I guess the demo still exists - I should probably give it another whirl...
    Yeah, you always unlock the same stuff, so for the first dozen or so levels your options are limited. Once you get all your skill slots unlocked you have innumerable possible builds that you can tinker with on the fly. In that sense it has the broadest and most open character building of any ARPG. The price of that wonderful tinkering is the sense of building your own character by making tough choices on leveling that something like Torchlight of Path of Exile gives.

I like both ways of doing things, but right now I'm enjoying the heck out of D3.

Network Hub
    The current bargain on Dailyroyale is Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space for 1.99 euro.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27...featured_app=1

Summoner is 20% off on Steam today. an absolute unsung classic that I sadly never got into. Looks like now's my chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 12-03-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

All those time waiting for XCOM:EW finally paid off!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterscynic View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/27...featured_app=1

Summoner is 20% off on Steam today. an absolute unsung classic that I sadly never got into. Looks like now's my chance.
    I never played Summoner, only Summoner 2. How does the second compare to the first? I quiet liked the second and everything it was trying to do.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    All those time waiting for XCOM:EW finally paid off!
    Indeed! I just bought it. Does anyone know if I can continue my current EU campaign with whatever extras the EW has? Or do I have to start a new campaign to enjoy the extra fiver? :)

New campaign. You need to choose EU or EW at start. It adds missions and story as well as perks and mechanics - and even if not, it wouldn't be worth it to just start trying to get new upgrades part way through a campaign.

Start a new one and don't look back, it improves the base game in so many ways.
    Last edited by GunnerMcCaffrey; 12-03-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    +1000 on this. The expansion just fills in many of the blanks in the base game. More strategy, more options, more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    New campaign. You need to choose EU or EW at start. It adds missions and story as well as perks and mechanics - and even if not, it wouldn't be worth it to just start trying to get new upgrades part way through a campaign.

Right, ok then. Thank you.

Activated Node
    Some crazy spring clearing deals on Simplycdkeys.

Blacklist for £1.99, Rayman Legends £3.99 (only bought it in the Steam sale today, too),

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
    Some crazy spring clearing deals on Simplycdkeys.

Blacklist for £1.99
    Yoinking a second key for coop ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Right, ok then. Thank you.
    Oh, and I'd recommend selecting the "Training Roulette" option from Second Wave. It's strange at first if you know EU well, but I wouldn't play any other way now. The potential for an Assault with Low Profile and Holo-Targeting, or a Heavy with Lightning Reflexes and Aggression, for instance, is worth it. I'm almost certain the original first and last tier perks are locked, though, so you can still plan on ranking all your snipers up to Double Tap.