Page 534 of 571 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 11412

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Sega promo at humblebundle store:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/sega

50-80% off. I think the cheapest price for Shogun 2: Fall of Samurai I've seen yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pt/e...re/i-am-alive/
    I Am Alive for 3 monies. It's actually not that bad, just a bit underdeveloped.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pt/e...good-and-evil/
    BGE for pennies, in case you don't already have. Go pester Ubi for the sequel anyway.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

The Geneforge saga is in the weeklong deal on Steam for 80% off. Can some one shed some light on this for me please? Is it worth it? Any good? Do I need the complete thing or 5 would suffice?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It is good, but very old school in looks and style. If you're on the fence, there are generous demos of most (all?) Spiderweb games on their website.

I believe that while they all fit into the overarching storyline of the rebellion against the Shapers, each game is pretty much standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    The Geneforge saga is in the weeklong deal on Steam for 80% off. Can some one shed some light on this for me please? Is it worth it? Any good? Do I need the complete thing or 5 would suffice?
    I haven't played any of it yet but according to many it might the most original/best series in Spiderweb's catalog, sporting several unique features. Can't answer your last Q, though.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    It is good, but very old school in looks and style. If you're on the fence, there are generous demos of most (all?) Spiderweb games on their website.

I believe that while they all fit into the overarching storyline of the rebellion against the Shapers, each game is pretty much standalone.
    Some of the plots suggest that a certain canonical ending achieved pretty much nothing, or a horrible apocalyptic event and then the next game begins. I'd just play the newer ones if any.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Thanks everyone. I wouldn't mind trying them, but I doubt I have the time for them, especially with the backlog. I'll mull over it during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Sega promo at humblebundle store:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/sega

50-80% off. I think the cheapest price for Shogun 2: Fall of Samurai I've seen yet.
    It's been that low a couple of times.

Quite a discount:
    20140318-180200.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Part of the Steam Midweek sale: Cargo! The Quest for Gravity for only €1,80. Very well worth giving a try. It's one of the crazier games I've played, and there's a lot of fun in being able to build all kinds of vehicles: from helicopter-snowploughs to racecar/sailboat-hybrids. All for the sake of FUN!

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Part of the Steam Midweek sale: Cargo! The Quest for Gravity for only 1,80. Very well worth giving a try. It's one of the crazier games I've played, and there's a lot of fun in being able to build all kinds of vehicles: from helicopter-snowploughs to racecar/sailboat-hybrids. All for the sake of FUN!
    Just for a contrasting view, I liked Pathologic and The Void just fine, but hated Cargo! and wouldn't recommend it in the slightest, even at that price. Dull, contrived, overly pointless, and it ran terribly. Hand on heart I can honestly say I never once found it fun.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

My Indie Game Postmortem is part of the current Doorway IndieGala. So Check it out if you haven't already - as Death itself, choose one life to take and watch the far reaching consequences!
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Activated Node
    But you get to kick creepy baby-men?! How could you not enjoy?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Just for a contrasting view, I liked Pathologic and The Void just fine, but hated Cargo! and wouldn't recommend it in the slightest, even at that price. Dull, contrived, overly pointless, and it ran terribly. Hand on heart I can honestly say I never once found it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Trelow View Post
    That gets old quite fast though, I kind of bounced off Cargo. FTR it used to be often on sale on GalaStore even cheaper than Steam.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    My Indie Game Postmortem is part of the current Doorway IndieGala. So Check it out if you haven't already - as Death itself, choose one life to take and watch the far reaching consequences!
    I cheapskated by only playing the free version of this but I enjoyed it enormously - it's very smart ;0

POP Sands of Time for 2 bucks!

And if you are allergic to games older than 1 console generation, Remember Me is also cheap. Too bad DONTNOD was already disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    POP Sands of Time for 2 bucks!
    Fantastic game. Everyone should play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Damn you Ubi for taking the series to emo crap right after it.
    I smolder with generic rage!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Trelow View Post
    As Alms said, it got old really, really fast. Around the time a stream of them wrapped around my rotor blades and I crashed I started thinking that if I hadn't been reviewing the game I would have just given up there and then. Hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Damn you Ubi for taking the series to emo crap right after it.
    I smolder with generic rage!
    But to be fair, despite how irritating the nu-metal posturing is, 1) Warrior Within is still a pretty good game beneath it and 2) it gave us Two Thrones, which is basically the greatest apology to the fans any developer has ever put together, given the entire plot is basically "Actually the dark prince was kind of a dick, wasn't he? Christ, listen to him rabbiting on! How could we think anyone other than fourteen-year-old boys would actually think this idiot was cool? That's why he's the bad guy now. Enjoy proving him wrong!".
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 19-03-2014 at 02:59 AM.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    And with a 3rd party wide-screen/hd patch it still looks pretty sharp.