Page 541 of 608 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541542543551591 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 12156

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Is there any way of checking if Fifa14 is region locked on Origin?
    Origin doesn't QUITE work like that.

Basically, EA sell codes which are often specific to certain territories - but there can be versions of a game which cover many territories.

e.g.

There may be FM14 keys which are US only - and other keys which are US/UK only - and other keys which are UK/EU only and so on.

Furthermore, just because a key covers a territory doesn't always mean it won't work in other territories - that seems to be game dependent.

Bottom line - any given key may or may not work in a given territory and the only way to know is to try it.

In theory - 2 keys from the same supplier may not even be the same (tho this seems unlikely, it's happened)

Solution? When you buy a key from somewhere outside your region, make sure you have a fallback plan (e.g. someone in that territory to sell it to!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Is there any way of checking if Fifa14 is region locked on Origin?
    I bought Fifa and when I registered my key on Origin I got this message:

"FIFA 14 - Cestina, Deutsch, English GB, English US, Español España, Español Mexico, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Polski, Português Brasil, Português Portugal, Russian".

Now I'm not entirely sure if this refers only to the game languages or to the regions, but that's what I know.

Thanks for the information Faldrath and trjp.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So the question is - no Weekly Deals tonight on Steam, are they planning an Easter Sale?

I don't remember Easter Sales before - but someone who might know said something about this in Twitter recently and refused to be drawn - we're talking to you RobF ;0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    So the question is - no Weekly Deals tonight on Steam, are they planning an Easter Sale?

I don't remember Easter Sales before - but someone who might know said something about this in Twitter recently and refused to be drawn - we're talking to you RobF ;0
    There has been at least one Easter sale since 2010, I remember being surprised (and embarrassed as I'd told a lot of people to wait for it) that there wasn't one the following year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Seems the weeklong deals were just slow arriving (like most things on Steam atm - selling cards is like sprinting in
    treacle)

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Weeklong_Deals

Network Hub
    A big bunch of the Lego games are 75% off on Steam's mid-week thingy, including Lord of the Rings & Marvel Super Heroes for £3.74 each.

Yay or nay for a thirty-something cynical old grump with no particular desire to play them with children (at least not until they've finished sweeping that damned chimney, get back to work you horrible little oiks)?

And do they play ok with mouse & keyboard or do they really need a controller?

Also mid-weeking is Saints Row 4 for a tenner. That might better tickle my super hero itch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Both will be significantly less pleasant to play with a keyboard. Neither really require a child.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I haven't played a lego game since... Lego Star Wars complete? But even if it's not the best way they were still playable on keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Neither really require a child.
    Not even an inner one?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Not the Marvel one, but it might force an inner child into being which I heard can be painful.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've just played the Marvel one for about an hour and a half, enough to complete two levels and start the third. I'm enjoying it so far, it is unfortunately samey but there are a lot of nice, subtle little details, mainly those related to the fact that this is a Lego game. For instance, the Hulk's footprints are 2x4 block imprints. Not the best example but the only one I can actually remember.

Obscure Node
    Our new Otherworlds sci-fi bundle is available from here:

http://vodo.net/otherworlds

Includes Steam codes for Bientôt l’été (at pay-what-you-want $1 minimum) and AI War (at BTA, including the Light of the Spire expansion) and lots and lots of other great sci-fi content including proper feature films (Drones and Ghosts with Shit Jobs) as well as music, comics (The Surrogates, Cory Doctorow's Futuristic Tales of the Here and Now) and ebooks (Apex Book of World sci-fi, Clarkesworld subscription).

We've worked pretty hard on getting this lined up and hope there is something in there to please any sci-fi fan but please let us know what you think if you check it out!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I've just played the Marvel one for about an hour and a half, enough to complete two levels and start the third. I'm enjoying it so far, it is unfortunately samey but there are a lot of nice, subtle little details, mainly those related to the fact that this is a Lego game. For instance, the Hulk's footprints are 2x4 block imprints. Not the best example but the only one I can actually remember.
    The Marvel one is the best work they've done. There's unlockable characters that you'll never use in the stories who have unique animations, weapons etc. There's just such great attention to the source material.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Posted in the racing game thread but may as well add it here as well..

Promo codes for iRacing..

Use promo PR-2FREE to get 3 months for $12.
    or use PR-Zandvoort to get 1 month and Circuit Zandvoort for $5

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    The Marvel one is the best work they've done. There's unlockable characters that you'll never use in the stories who have unique animations, weapons etc. There's just such great attention to the source material.
    I'm about three levels in. Look, the game is a bit wonky as are all the lego games, but it is fun to throw chunks of pavement as the Hulk and swing around as Spidey.

Even Ego, the living planet, is in this thing. It contains some purified, rarefied joy. Especially for comics fans.

Obscure Node
    Slitherine is having an Easter Sale. $10 off of everything.

SL-HAPPYEASTER!
    The coupon is valid until the 21sth of April. So pick any game you like and enjoy!
    Just bought Qvadriga, which Adam and Tim seem to like a lot

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...g-game-review/
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014.../qvadriga-aar/

:)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by spec10 View Post
    Slitherine is having an Easter Sale. $10 off of everything.

Just bought Qvadriga, which Adam and Tim seem to like a lot

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...g-game-review/
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014.../qvadriga-aar/

:)
    Word of warning for UK folks: Expect to have VAT added to the displayed price.

I shall have a browse of the catalogue, I do like Slitherine as a publisher.
    Last edited by Janek; 19-04-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    For reference, this is using the coupon SL-HAPPYEASTER. Word of warning for UK folks: Expect to have VAT added to the displayed price.

I shall have a browse of the catalogue, I do like Slitherine as a publisher.
    This code isn't working for me.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR