Page 545 of 589 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 11773

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    "Vintage" is the nicest word I've ever seen uttered in relation to Perimeter 2.
    Yeah, people seem to not care much for it??

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Yeah, people seem to not care much for it??
    Perimeter 1 was an abomination, but not without merit. 2 was developed ignoring all criticism of the first game. Perimeter (series) ideologically 'fathered' the Creeper World series and this I am grateful for, but 2 carried all of bad habits of the first game, in a genre where iterative improvement is STRONGLY expected. Overall perimeter 2 sits alongside Company of Heroes 2 for being a sequel which didn't surpass the original and thus consigned itself to history.

The best Perimeter is probably the expandalone to the first game 'Emperor's Testament' which avoided the hellishly grindy in favour of the brutally precise, or Creeper World 3.

If you want to try Perimeter get it off gog it was riddled with starforce which slowed down my disc media drives down with false error reports (due to where it placed itself in the Windows logic stack) and broke them due to them running so slowly.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 27-04-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Rise of Flight sale

SteamWorld Dig and Sword of the Stars II EE are on sale as weeklong deals on steam. They are likely not at their cheapest, but I'd like to hear some opinions anyway. SteamWorld Dig seems to have been received very fondly on RPS, while SotSII has a choppy reputation, but beautiful spaceships. What do you think?

Also on sale: retro-RPG Inquisitor and something that is actually old and venerable: Enclave.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    SteamWorld Dig
    I like Steamworld dig, its a fun time, nothing major to write home about, but its fun to play and explore, gets a bit tedious at times with the ores and limited space in your inventory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Steamworld Dig is fun. It's short. A bit shorter than I expected it to be. It has no sort of "endless" mode, you can complete it in under 2 hours or so and then you start over again with a new save file. I would've liked to been able to dig forever, but that's not the case. After your first time finishing it the only reason to play it again is to try beat it faster or get a higher score.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I must say I found Steamworld Dig rather boring and uninspired.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    I must say I found Steamworld Dig rather boring and uninspired.
    Boring is subjective but it's a charming and SHORT digxploration game which I enjoyed - mostly...

It has just enough to tease you into finishing it - it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

If you found it boring - some of the other games of it's sort would kill you ;0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In other news - D&D Chronicles of Mystara is 1.50 on Gamersgate (likely a pricing mistake)

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DDCM/...les-of-mystara

Get in fast if you like the idea ;0

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    In other news - D&D Chronicles of Mystara is 1.50 on Gamersgate (likely a pricing mistake)

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DDCM/...les-of-mystara

Get in fast if you like the idea ;0
    Amazing the double discount thing can still happen. Back up to 2.99 now.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Network Hub
    There's an Activision sale on Steam now. Most of the deals are very lame though.

Transformers™: Fall of Cybertron for 34 EUR, and that's incl. a 33% reduction. A game from 21st Aug 2012... Pathetic. To think I paid 8 EUR for Bioshock:Inf.

They also got Vampire:TMB for 5 EUR.
    Last edited by DanMan; 02-05-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMan View Post
    There's an Activision sale on Steam now. Most of the deals are very lame though.

Transformers™: Fall of Cybertron for 34 EUR, and that's incl. a 33% reduction. A game from 21st Aug 2012... Pathetic

They also got Vampire:TMB for 5 EUR.
    The steam prices for Activision stuff is silly. The Transformers games are good fun though, but its been sub €10 on gamefly.

Network Hub
    The Star Wars games (not the Lego ones) are also discounted on Steam over the weekend. Been thinking about getting the Force Unleashed games. Are they any good? Like, 7 and 10 EUR good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Been thinking about getting the Force Unleashed games. Are they any good?
    Yeah, just put them on easy. The first one has great story and characters, the second one... great graphics and better controls.

Like, 7 and 10 EUR good?
    The first one is worth 7 EUR. Maybe wait for a price drop on the second one... On the other hand I got them both a year ago at the same prices. Disney doesn't really understand sales.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Yeah, just put them on easy. The first one has great story and characters, the second one... great graphics and better controls.
    Yeah, the controls didn't feel right in the first (never played the sequel). IIRC, that's one of the main reasons why I gave up on the game. Also, I was a bit bored by it.

Quick warning to buyers with limited bandwidth: the download is surprisingly big. Steam says 29.7 GB, although it tends to overestimate the downloads a bit.

I didn't particularly like the force unleashed games. I mean, yeah, it's star wars, but in general I found them rather uninspired and boring. There are certainly much better and cheaper games on that list.

Saints Row IV for 8 Euro at gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SR4EU/saints-row-iv-europe
    (+ season pass for 3,4 Euro: http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-SR4SP/...iv-season-pass)

Also some weird Steam pricing (-150%, making it -5 Euro) on Battlefield 2: Complete collection, though I haven't been able to buy it. Might be working for someone else?? http://store.steampowered.com/app/24860/
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Yeah, the controls didn't feel right in the first (never played the sequel). IIRC, that's one of the main reasons why I gave up on the game. Also, I was a bit bored by it.
    K+M or gamepad? I'd be using the latter. If the combat is good, then it's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    I didn't particularly like the force unleashed games. I mean, yeah, it's star wars, but in general I found them rather uninspired and boring. There are certainly much better and cheaper games on that list.
    In terms of Star Wars, mostly older ones which I have either already played or are too ugly for me to look at (yeah, I'm one of those).

Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post
    Saints Row IV for 8 Euro at gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SR4EU/saints-row-iv-europe
    (+ season pass for 3,4 Euro: http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-SR4SP/...iv-season-pass)

Also some weird Steam pricing (-150%, making it -5 Euro) on Battlefield 2: Complete collection, though I haven't been able to buy it. Might be working for someone else?? http://store.steampowered.com/app/24860/
    Thanks. Saints Row IV for 6 was too good to pass on. I assume the UK is still considered part of Europe!

thanks for that sr4 deal. I recently watched that errant signal epsiode on it an was looking forward to a sale. yay for cheap stuff