Page 548 of 586 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548549550558 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 11702

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Plant vs Zombie free @ Origin! :D
    To claim, load up Origin client, go to the store and select Free Games--> On the House. Hover over the PvZ image for the Get It Now button to appear.

Or go to https://www.origin.com/en-au/store/on-the-house (or your language-region equivalent).

Can't imagine there's too many people who don't already have this gem.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Everything darksiders for 13,74€ on steam. Yay/nay?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    It has been cheaper before, I'd recommend waiting for the summer sale, but it's not exactly a bad price now.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I'm pretty sure the first game has been 90% off many times, and the whole franchise 80% and maybe more. Since they were Humble bundled, you might be able to find the two games cheap from traders, then it would be a matter of getting the Season Pass.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

RPG Weekend at FireFlower. 14-80% off games like Septerra Core, Starpoint Gemini Gold, 1Quest, The Darkness Ascends, UFO: Trilogy and QuestRun.

We also have a couple of strategy games on sale - Men of War, Strategic War in Europe and more.
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Everything darksiders for 13,74€ on steam. Yay/nay?
    I love Darksiders - I kinda bounced-off Darksiders II (I think some tweaking of the FoV might get me back into it tho)

I'd not spent that much unless you KNOW you'll want it all - get DS and see how you get on?

Beware DS II's DLC mess too - the Season Pass only contains 2 actual 'extra content' things (Abyssus and Belial) and they're cheaper separately. 'Death Rides' and 'Argul's Tomb' are the other 'content' DLCs - they were pre-order bonuses and they're NOT included in the Season Pass - and everything else is cosmetic/ezmode/fluff.

Network Hub
    Is Darksiders 2 playable if you haven't played the first ?

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    Is Darksiders 2 playable if you haven't played the first ?
    It is. But personally I think the first one is better.

I think the first one is better, as well. I bounced off the second one quite early in it.

Network Hub
    I bounced off the first, but I saw someone here on RPS saying the second is the best game he ever played so I'm kinda intrigued.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I am not the best person to ask since I apparently hate Zelda-style games, but I also bounced off Darksiders 2 almost immediately, whereas Darksiders 1 was pretty fun. I dunno, it is just something about the loot system and the narrative that turned me off. Same with the game's need to have a large hub area where you move fairly slow on foot.

I get that games don't want to take you "out of" the avatar and the like, but I still think Mount&Blade's approach of letting me navigate town by a menu or on foot was perfect. If you aren't going to give me any fun things to do in town, I don't want to waste time walking between merchants.

On a non-darksiders note: Is DOOM 3 BFG worth getting? I sort of enjoyed DOOM 3, although it really was flawed as hell. I hear the expansion was better, and BFG integrates "the duct tape mod".
    Last edited by gundato; 10-05-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think it's deeply unlikely you'd get Darksiders II if you didn't like Darksiders I - anyone claiming otherwise is weird because they're essentially the same game but the 2nd is slacker/longer/less tidy and has more PC port issues IMO

Deadly Premonition 80% off. I'm afraid to buy this. I'm afraid to not buy this.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post

jus thot u shud no

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Some nice sales on GoodOldGames during its 'Indie Mixer' sale, including, but not limited to, the great puzzle game SpaceChem for $1.99, the acclaimed story/adventure game To The Moon for $1.99, and the action-filled Hotline: Miami for $2.49.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It's... it's an odd one, to be sure. I recently finished it and posted some thoughts about it on the What are you playing thread, dunno if they'll help you in making a decision, but here they are:

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Well I just finished Deadly Premonition, and I have to say it's... quite something. Quite something, indeed.

The mechanics are pants, the driving is specially borked beyond any hope of redemption or salvation, and the "dungeons" so to speak quickly become boring as hell. To top it off, the graphics are "okay" for the main characters, crappy for any other characters and indoor locations and early-PS2 for pretty much anything else. It really comes together to form this unshakable feeling of the devs either being incredibly lazy beyond the important bits, or lacking funds left and right, funds that'd been very much needed to polish and... hell, almost remake the entire mechanics from the ground, or maybe just a small team that tried to bite too much. As in, WAY too much.

So why I keep pushing forward and finish it? (28 hours according to Steam) Well, because the story and characters are either incredibly well done or just so ridiculously out of left field it smacks you on the face with a baseball bat, all coming together to really make you want to keep going on to find out just what's the deal with the murders, the seeds and with York himself.
    Plus the english voice acting is surprisingly good.

So yeah, mechanics and graphics are abysmally awful, but the story grips you like it just took a bullet to the head and it went full rigor mortis on your arm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Some kind of Spring sale on gog.com. Right now it's Arcanum for 1.49 USD, but there's only about 100 copies left. I guess it'll keep changing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    It is the GoG flash sales. Every item is up until all copies are sold/in carts*.

But GoG did at least change a few things. No more "free game" flash deals, instead you might get a free game when you go to checkout after buying a game. Which I much prefer. It would be nice to be able to only get the games you want, but that was never true with how fast the free titles "sold out", so it is nice to let the customers be the ones getting stuff.

*: Last time you just had to add it to your cart, which is why anything under a certain threshold was instantly "sold out", since people had scripts that would auto-add it to a basket for the user to decide if they wanted to buy it later. Not sure if that is still true
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The mechanics for Deadly Premonition are nowhere near as awful as these people would have you believe, by the way. Mechanically speaking, yes, it's a janky, irritating low-budget game where it comes as no surprise it was originally going to be a PS2 bargain bin title, but it's far from unplayable, and there's a definite charm in taking the driving around everywhere as it comes - the scale of the town and the in-car conversations are both their own reward.

And of course for all the Japanese clunky low-budget laughable weirdness it's still one of the most astonishing, beautifully written, deeply emotive and thought-provoking stories a videogame's ever had. If anyone tells you the story's so ridiculous it's awesome or something along those lines they really are a bad person who should feel bad. I freely accept it might very well be accidental genius - I'm very interested to see how D4 (Dark Dreams Don't Die) on the Xbone turns out - but it's genius nonetheless. The meta-commentary alone pretty much flattens anything Kojima's done in his entire career.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    It is the GoG flash sales. Every item is up until all copies are sold/in carts*.
    oh. I must have missed earlier ones.

[...]

*: Last time you just had to add it to your cart, which is why anything under a certain threshold was instantly "sold out", since people had scripts that would auto-add it to a basket for the user to decide if they wanted to buy it later. Not sure if that is still true
    I did get VtM: Redemption and it didn't seem to use the cart, just took me straight to payment options, so I'd guess that people can't queue things, but the games are certainly selling out extremely quickly all of a sudden.