Page 550 of 578 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,000 of 11552

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Can anyone sell me on it? It seems like roller coaster tycoon with more shower room stabbings.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    To be fair, shower room stabbings are the best part of a roller coaster tycoon.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

GMG has another "Free games for everyone!!!" thingy going on, this time it's Rush Bros. Apparently you can also earn some nifty store credits by completing achievements in the game after linking your Steam account.

https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/

Yeah I've been hearing about people putting together enough money to actually buy pretty nice games off GMG through PlayFire rewards.

I couldn't be bothered to do that myself, Steam cards are enough to drain my willpower.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Yeah I've been hearing about people putting together enough money to actually buy pretty nice games off GMG through PlayFire rewards.

I couldn't be bothered to do that myself, Steam cards are enough to drain my willpower.
    It works but the Playfire rewards are VERY VERY shaky atm

1 - if it says "play for the first time" it means "you have no time stored on PlayFire for the game" - as it takes that from Steam it pretty-much means 'you've not played it since Steam started tracking time.
    2 - if it offers rewards for cheevos you already have - you get nothing and can't earn that
    3 - it can take a LONG time to notice you've played a game/gotten a cheevo - anything from 3 hours to 2 days which means you'll miss some end-dates for earning
    4 - even when you have the reward it can take eons (over a week in one case) to get the reward into your GMG account

I reckon I've gotten about half the rewards I've earned - I don't mind, it's free money, but some people seem to get VERRRRRY angry about that - so don't start if it would annoy you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    p.s. as for Rush Bros - it's an interesting idea, looks nice, has interesting co-op possibilities (including random match-ups with other online players)

BUT

The controls stink and ruin it - at least for me - they're just not what you need in a twitch/speedrun platform game at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    We've covered this so many times but anyone who is 'enraged' by things getting cheaper over time - is an idiot - so we don't care ;0

Sell it to me - is it actually a game yet ??

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Sell it to me - is it actually a game yet ??
    Yes it is, kinda. You can finish a prison now and sell it to get seed money to make a new prison, and tell guards where to guard and make money from the prisoners to get your economy going.

You can also fail, so in the the sense that you can win and lose, its a game. There is a still a good few features to come in though. You will get your monies worth imo

Network Hub
    I'll try that Playfire thingy... and Rush Bros, of course

Europa Universalis IV sale @ Gamersgate.

I tried Rush Bros and... well, I won't complain much about a free game, but I wouldn't have bought it for more than U$ 0.

ARMA: Cold War Assault is free on Steam as part of a Bohemia sale. Don't know if the sale is any good because there are so far no discounts (I assume that's a Steam glitch).

EDIT: Well, now the sale banner disappeared, so I'm not sure what is going on.
    Last edited by Similar; 15-05-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    ARMA: Cold War Assault is free on Steam as part of a Bohemia sale. Don't know if the sale is any good because there are so far no discounts (I assume that's a Steam glitch).

EDIT: Well, now the sale banner disappeared, so I'm not sure what is going on.
    It's back again now. Includes a 15% discount on DayZ, first time I think it's ever been discounted.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    I tried Rush Bros and... well, I won't complain much about a free game, but I wouldn't have bought it for more than U$ 0.
    Same. The music is truly awful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    The music is bad but fortunately you can use your own MP3s and OGGs.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    Eh, i've tried it and won't play it again, even if playfire pays me to do so :v

How's it with your music?

I've already uninstalled it without even trying my own mp3s. =/

But the music didn't displease me nearly as much as the gameplay itself.

Network Hub
    AoE III: Complete for (what I think is) an amazing price: €2.99 on the Humble store. It's a flash deal, so only valid for 7 more hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    AoE III: Complete for (what I think is) an amazing price: €2.99 on the Humble store. It's a flash deal, so only valid for 7 more hours.
    The base game was on sale in the GfWM for $0.10 back in 2010. Not that it's ever likely to be that low again, of course.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 16-05-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR