Page 551 of 594 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    The base game was on sale in the GfWM for $0.10 back in 2010. Not that it's ever likely to be that low again, of course.
    If you bought it - aren't you now fucked? Come to think of it, I DID buy it - am I fucked

*heads off to discover what the dealio is*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    Same. The music is truly awful.
    The music isn't really the issue (you can use your own anyway) - I found the controls to be horrible - speedrun platformers should feel fluid and precise, this feels like the controls have lag/are just imprecise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    If you bought it - aren't you now fucked? Come to think of it, I DID buy it - am I fucked

*heads off to discover what the dealio is*
    I bought age3 for $0.10 twice for local coop, its cool, the turksish (or was it ottomans?) are the bestest with infinite villager spam.

In age 2 the badass villagers were spain, you'd be like locusts consuming the resources with your main military until the siege weapons rolled out that is.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    The base game was on sale in the GfWM for $0.10 back in 2010. Not that it's ever likely to be that low again, of course.
    It wasn't the base game; it was the complete edition. That was an incredible deal. Not that it matters now.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    EA are following up on their "on the house"-series. This time: Plants VS. Zombies

https://www.origin.com/store/buy/pla...andard-edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    That was the one that was on the house last time.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    That was the one that was on the house last time.
    Huh? Wasn't that Dead Space?

EDIT: Unrelated: Steam shows no daily deal today, is there some special event tomorrow?
    Last edited by postinternetsyndrome; 18-05-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Huh? Wasn't that Dead Space?

EDIT: Unrelated: Steam shows no daily deal today, is there some special event tomorrow?
    Magicka is today's deal - it just sometimes doesn't appear on the front-page. Check the News bit at the bottom for details/links

Activated Node
    Magicka is yesterday's deal, so I guess that there is something tomorrow.

edit: If I remember correctly, it was the same for all sales since the time the daily deal started lasting for two days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nah - Daily Deals end at "Sale Start Time" and they do, occasionally, miss one.

It's an odd time for a sale (too early for Summer Camp) - maybe a publisher deal - more likely an oversight or they just ran out of shit to peddle ;0

I figured it was missing because of the Strategy First sale, which appears in the scrolling panel area (first panel I think). I reckon Steam will wait until it's usual summer sale rather than start one now.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

I heard in this summer sale you'll get extra cards for submitting shovelware to greenlight and complete the circle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GameStop is celebrating their death of Impulse and transition to PC digital code dispenser with a sale.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/pc-downloads-info

All their listings say: Downloads to U.S. addresses only.

Which means...you need a US address and get a US Steam/Origin/uPlay key? I am not sure.
    Some examples:
    FF 14 $12
    Mass Effect Trilogy $10
    Dark Souls 1 $9
    AssCreed Black Flag $30
    Might & Magic X $17
    Dishonored GOTY $18

Anything EA or Ubi is for their own stores. I think everything else gives Steam keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I heard in this summer sale you'll get extra cards for submitting shovelware to greenlight and complete the circle.
    I screamed. Well done.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    GameStop is celebrating their death of Impulse and transition to PC digital code dispenser with a sale.
    Which also means they appear to have abandoned everyone outside the USA (they'd pretty much done this already but they've ACTUALLY done it now!?)

That also might leave some folks a bit skewered if they had stuff on Impulse?

p.s. the Gamestop 'App' which replaced Impulse still works - but some of the games I had there have disappeared (fortunately I have them on Steam now anyway).

In fact all that remains are Stardock titles - hmmm
    Last edited by trjp; 21-05-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I updated to the latest Impulse and yah, they stripped out all the store and other features of the app.

All my games still show up there and I can still download and install them. Even at near Steam like download rates.
    Stalker, Age of Wonders Trilogy, Tropico 3 and reloaded, Sins, Elemental, Majesty Gold, Battlefield 3 (which I only used for the cd key in email for Origin), Demigod, Star Prospector. Pretty sure I did not own more than that. Make sure your app is logging in otherwise it only shows installed games.

Decent sale for some titles, more sales competition can't hurt.

I see all my apps, I want a sots 1 key for steam and I can abandon the app forever. I better keep an eye on bundles.

Just a heads up my first indie game Postmortem: one must die just launched on IndieGala store with a 50% off discount :)

Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

While Dark Souls: Brace to Expire Edition is arguably one of the best games ever made it's also still using GfWL for its multiplayer which is a crucial component. Namco-Bandai have been obnoxiously vague with statements regarding the future of the multiplayer and quite frankly, I don't think they particularly care to get it fixed in time. At this point I believe their PR department is run by robots programmed to give away as little information as possible. GfWL will be shut down in July so if you don't plan on playing it soon it might not be fully functional anymore.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    While Dark Souls: Brace to Expire Edition is arguably one of the best games ever made it's also still using GfWL for its multiplayer which is a crucial component. Namco-Bandai have been obnoxiously vague with statements regarding the future of the multiplayer and quite frankly, I don't think they particularly care to get it fixed in time. At this point I believe their PR department is run by robots programmed to give away as little information as possible. GfWL will be shut down in July so if you don't plan on playing it soon it might not be fully functional anymore.
    Didn't they say that they'd get rid of GfWL? Like... yesterday?

EDIT: Nope. They said it should be working on GfWL the foreseeable future. And that they're looking into other ways to keep it going. Obnoxiously vague, it is, then.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 22-05-2014 at 08:44 PM.