Page 557 of 578 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,140 of 11557

Thread: PC Bargains

Some decent daily deals at GMG

Lego Hobbit £4.88
    Lego The Movie £4.88
    Lego Marvel £3.12
    Batman Arkham Oranges £4.88, season pass £3.12

These are with 15% code IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF which I checked on a couple of those, appears it works on single orders under £10.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Note: Batman Arcane Oranges GOTY is due for release later this month - I doubt it will be that cheap for some time tho!?

With previous Batmans, Steam owners have been upgraded to 'GOTY' for free (when Steam stopped selling the non-GOTY version) but that might be hoping for too much here???

Evidence: I was awarded AA and AC 'GOTY' without owning ANY DLC for the base games - I assume this is simply because they don't sell the non-GOTY versions (or DLC separately) anymore?

That was due to the GFWL removal shenanigans. I wouldn't expect anything similar to happen with Oranges.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    With previous Batmans, Steam owners have been upgraded to 'GOTY' for free (when Steam stopped selling the non-GOTY version) but that might be hoping for too much here???

Evidence: I was awarded AA and AC 'GOTY' without owning ANY DLC for the base games - I assume this is simply because they don't sell the non-GOTY versions (or DLC separately) anymore?
    I think that was due to the removal of GFWL from the older titles, as oranges launched as steamworks that's not going to happen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So then - question 2 is...

I loved AA - I consider it one of the 5 best games ever made

AC was a bit meh - it had more grind, the combat was pickier and less fun and the setpiece areas were less varied

AO is?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In between I'd say, but definitely closer to City than Asylum. Enjoyable, but still carrying a bit too much flab.

Steam Summer Sale will start on the 19th and end with the month. Those in the know please start the appropriate threads, thanks.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Steam Summer Sale will start on the 19th and end with the month. Those in the know please start the appropriate threads, thanks.
    Frankly at this stage, there's only about 3 games I'd be interested in that I don't already know - Gone Home, Walking Dead Season 2 or Sleeping Dogs would be good, not sure apart from that...

Everything GTA IV for USD 5.10 (with IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF for 15% off of USD 6) (Steam)

You need ~33GB of HDD space!

The GOG summer sale has started. Daily bundles together with new flash deals every hour. Since it's all in dollar the price are going to be almost always superior to whatever Steam is going to put out. Also, no DRM.

Current bundles are Rollercoaster Tycoon and one with what seems like all the D&D games.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The GOG summer sale has started. Daily bundles together with new flash deals every hour. Since it's all in dollar the price are going to be almost always superior to whatever Steam is going to put out. Also, no DRM.

Current bundles are Rollercoaster Tycoon and one with what seems like all the D&D games.
    Damn there's a lot to go through here!

Gog sale is brutal.
    I'm tempted to buy a lot of stuff. But I know I shouldn't

Ok, quick few picks for games avid GoG shoppers might not already have, keep in mind I'm not sure of the sale rules here, it seems like the front page may make the games cheaper if they turn up there - Expeditions: Conquistador. You definitely want that one. Currently at $10, it’s a turn-based party RPG with some tight writing that lets you run rampant over two islands full of natives to befriend or shoot if you’re a racist asshole. And believe me; you want to be in at least one playthrough.

Consortium is a few hours long and left me feeling very incomplete at the end, but wow, what a few hours that was. The new $10 price should hopefully take the sting out of it, everything up to that point is absolutely fascinating.

Deadly Premonition is currently going for $12. You may go mad playing it, and/or crave a 'Sinner's Sandwich.'
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 13-06-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Binary Domain is cheap in the gamersgate summer sale. I've heard both good and bad about it, but mostly I haven't heard much about it at all since it was released. Thoughts?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BDC/bin...ain-collection

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post

Deadly Premonition is currently going for $12. You may go mad playing it, and/or crave a 'Sinner's Sandwich.'
    Oooh, at that price I might have to give it a try - though I fear it's one of those games I will enjoy reading about more than playing...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbled View Post
    Oooh, at that price I might have to give it a try - though I fear it's one of those games I will enjoy reading about more than playing...
    The gameplay is quite pants indeed, but I feel like a good chunk of the "impact" of the story would be lost by reading instead of playing. And the story and characters are amazeballs.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Binary Domain is cheap in the gamersgate summer sale. I've heard both good and bad about it, but mostly I haven't heard much about it at all since it was released. Thoughts?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BDC/bin...ain-collection
    Its quite a fun game. It took me a little while to get into it, but its big explosions and decently fun story. I have no idea on the multiplayer, I just played the singleplayer, and its some of the most fun singleplayer shooting I have had in ages.

Pay What You Want for Space Slice and its soundtrack on FireFlower.
    DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

So all of those games I mentioned have gone on a front page sale! Consortium is $5 for the next 30 mins and there's Expeditions: Conquistadors for an absurd $3.99 for 2 more hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Expeditions: Conquistadors for an absurd $3.99 for 2 more hours.
    Its also in a $2 price point in a bundle http://www.bundlecentral.com/ for 3 days.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/