Page 559 of 594 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,180 of 11876

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritz View Post
    Yes it's a flash deal, but the new Shadow Warrior is on GOG for $7.99 at the moment, which translated to 4.86 for me i.e. a stonking deal.

... but only for the next 26 minutes.
    Damnit.

/10char

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Damnit.
    Their flash sales only last about 2 hours per product, but there are frequent repeats. It'll be back, no doubt.
    (Don't actually hold me to that!)

Blackguards was up on GOG earlier on at 66% off. With the DLC (also 66% off) it worked out to $18.28 (10.77)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    UK only deal, on Wednesday you can get 40 of steam dubloons for 30 Queen's napkins from curries/pc world.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 16-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    One of the new daily bundles up at GOG is Eschalon book 1-3 for $7.72. I really enjoyed book 1, but sort of forgot about the series while waiting for a sale. So, uh, brilliant strategy I guess, go me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    UK only deal, on Wednesday you can get 40 of steam dubloons for 30 Queen's napkins from curries/pc world.
    Cheers, that's good to know. Is there a link for that or is it just go to PC World on Wednesday and buy Steam credit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It's a physical offer but they might deliver it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    How does that one actually play?

Network Hub
    Gunpoint is currently available for €1.75 on steam. I couldn't possibly resist - how about you?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Gunpoint is currently available for €1.75 on steam. I couldn't possibly resist - how about you?
    Resistance is futile.

Is Gunpoint's commentary any good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    How does that one actually play?
    Stalker is probably the closest comparison, though it's quite unique. It's very stealth-oriented, slow paced and has smart, unpredictable AI. The procedurally generated landscape isn't particularly interesting, its more of a setting for objective based gameplay than something you'd want to wander around exploring for its own sake. I've not played a huge amount but I enjoy it.

Flicking through these videos might give you a better idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDfmS6FMqs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Thanks Kelron, I'll take a look at those.

Another question for the commentariat: I remember playing some Grid back when it was originally released, really enjoying the racing, but hating the drift events. Am I remembering correctly that the drift events are required to advance through the game? It's on sale for $3 on GOG right now, prompting this question.

If Gunpoint doesn't end up in a Humble Bundle sooner or later, I'll eat my hat.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    If Gunpoint doesn't end up in a Humble Bundle sooner or later, I'll eat my hat.
    That would bear some weight if we believed you have a hat. No offence, but with all the AIs, chatbots and swarm minds posting here, it's even money you have a head.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Thanks Kelron, I'll take a look at those.

Another question for the commentariat: I remember playing some Grid back when it was originally released, really enjoying the racing, but hating the drift events. Am I remembering correctly that the drift events are required to advance through the game? It's on sale for $3 on GOG right now, prompting this question.
    I sucked at the drift parts too. From what I recall of playing it on the 360, progressing in the career mode just meant amassing enough points in one season to get to the next one and you can pick and choose what races you enter to do that. The drift ones were mostly in Japan I think. So iirc, it's feasible to skip the drift events entirely provided you can do well enough elsewhere. This was a long time ago mind you, and my memory might not be reliable.

I remember it as a fairly enjoyable racer, more towards arcade than sim, but it didn't grab me enough at the time to want to put many hours in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Not sure if you can avoid drift events indefinitely, I remember hating them until the controls eventually clicked with me and they became easy.

That would bear some weight if we believed you have a hat. No offence, but with all the AIs, chatbots and swarm minds posting here, it's even money you have a head.
    I do have a head but it's mostly empty. My styrofoam hat OTOH is a bit chewy, so let's meet halfway: I'll eat my bandana?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anyone holding-out for a cheap M&M X Legacy - here's your moment (possibly)

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/...eluxe-Edition/

Yes, that's a Mac version - but it comes with a SteamPlay-enabled Steam Key so it will work for any platform it's supported on

Whether there's a region code tho - I've no idea. Store is US-based, charges in $ so...