Page 560 of 603 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,200 of 12057

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Thanks Kelron, I'll take a look at those.

Another question for the commentariat: I remember playing some Grid back when it was originally released, really enjoying the racing, but hating the drift events. Am I remembering correctly that the drift events are required to advance through the game? It's on sale for $3 on GOG right now, prompting this question.
    GRID is fun! Just ignore le manns after the first few passes until you lock the awesome super cars. Turn of all the assists and you can drift like a boss, the Asian circuit does require drifting to get to highest tier. Yes the multiplayer is dead but you can still jump in gameranger.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I do have a head but it's mostly empty. My styrofoam hat OTOH is a bit chewy, so let's meet halfway: I'll eat my bandana?
    Deal. And I believe John has some chutney left from when he was burning Uplay in effigy - that might come in handy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    GRID is fun! Just ignore le manns after the first few passes until you lock the awesome super cars. Turn of all the assists and you can drift like a boss, the Asian circuit does require drifting to get to highest tier. Yes the multiplayer is dead but you can still jump in gameranger.
    Yeah, drifting is annoying but you can just turn the game to easy and just scrape by and get through. There's also the Ravenwest duels which can be very annoying - I remember I spent a couple of hours in the final event just restarting it until I managed to wreck the Ravenwest guy in the first turn without wrecking myself. So much fun. Not.

(the rest of the game is pretty good, though. Much better than Grid 2.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    The procedurally generated landscape isn't particularly interesting, its more of a setting for objective based gameplay than something you'd want to wander around exploring for its own sake. I've not played a huge amount but I enjoy it.

Flicking through these videos might give you a better idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDfmS6FMqs
    See, for me the landscapes are a huge draw. They're enormously evocative, albeit in the key of bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    If Gunpoint doesn't end up in a Humble Bundle sooner or later, I'll eat my hat.
    It shouldn't need to, everyone owes it to themselves to own it now - especially at today's price on Steam. Great little action / strategy / puzzler.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Deal. And I believe John has some chutney left from when he was burning Uplay in effigy - that might come in handy.
    No-one offered chutney - so we cancelled the burning and I bought Rocksmith - but that didn't need UPlay so the burning can still happen IF someone has the chutney..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GOG's sale reached it's highpoint - all their package deals are activated and they upped the flash deal count too

Also - Magrunner: Dark Pulse is *FREE* - just click the button and you're queued to get a free copy

That's a neat thing - in fact all their sale stuff/code/website stuff is really nicely done.

Bargains HO!

p.s. one notable issue, if a game is in a 'bundle' or 'package' it doesn't tell you on the game's page - so you need to double-check there's not a cheaper route before buying anything.
    Last edited by trjp; 18-06-2014 at 02:24 PM.

UK only deal, on Wednesday you can get £40 of steam dubloons for £30 Queen's napkins from curries/pc world.
    Called in to my local PCurrysWorld in Bristol an hour ago. The nice manager read me out an branch-wide email to the effect that this was all internet tittle-tattle rather than a real offer and there was never any plan to run this in any stores. She didn't know if it was still an online thing or not.

Would have been a fine deal but alas to good to be true. I'd planned to bank a stash of steambucks until the Xmas sale.

I had an agreeable chat with the chirpy young chap at the till in there about steam sales, Arma 3 and Battlefield Hardline Beta, which was refreshing change from the usual grumpy and clueless Curry's people, almost enough to make me want to shop there more often were it not for their silly inflated prices.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Called in to my local PCurrysWorld in Bristol an hour ago. The nice manager read me out an branch-wide email to the effect that this was all internet tittle-tattle rather than a real offer and there was never any plan to run this in any stores. She didn't know if it was still an online thing or not.

Would have been a fine deal but alas to good to be true. I'd planned to bank a stash of steambucks until the Xmas sale.

I had an agreeable chat with the chirpy young chap at the till in there about steam sales, Arma 3 and Battlefield Hardline Beta, which was refreshing change from the usual grumpy and clueless Curry's people, almost enough to make me want to shop there more often were it not for their silly inflated prices.
    That started on Reddit GameDeals - someone who claimed to work in-store posted the deal earlier in the week - I've never actually seen Steam Credit in their stores before tho (I kill time in one waiting for her indoors to finish shopping with her Gran at least once a week)

Yeah I saw that on Reddit after Helio posted it here.

They certainly had Steam Wallet Cards on the wall behind the till, just no promotion. It did seem rather too good to be true, at full price a retailer's margin on these gift cards must be tiny, unless Steam or a partner offered a store some sort of special promo which again seems unlikely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    So about the GoG sale... if I want just one of the titles in the HoMM and the Settlers bundles (never really played either of the series), based on what I remember from previous discussions those would be HoMM 3 and Settlers 2 10th anniversary, right?

So regarding GOG - can someone explain to me how bundle sales work if I already own one/several of the games included in the bundle? Do I get extra copies to give away? A bit confused about this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So about the GoG sale... if I want just one of the titles in the HoMM and the Settlers bundles (never really played either of the series), based on what I remember from previous discussions those would be HoMM 3 and Settlers 2 10th anniversary, right?
    Affirmative on settlers 2 10th anniversary, but as a word of advice don't try and finish the campaign, it's overwrought.

Gog doesn't do extra copies, but usually you pay proportionately less.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    So regarding GOG - can someone explain to me how bundle sales work if I already own one/several of the games included in the bundle? Do I get extra copies to give away? A bit confused about this.
    With the bundles you don't get extra copies, they take the cost of the games you own out of the bundle cost. So if you have 3 of the 7, you only pay for the other 4.

Thanks, I was unsure because of what I believe was a bug. I had put the Commandos + Desperados pack in my basket before logging in, then proceeded to checkout and found Desperados 1 (which I already own) greyed out, but with the full price for the package listed at the bottom. Tried again just now after reading your post, logged in straight away and got the reduced price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Affirmative on settlers 2 10th anniversary, but as a word of advice don't try and finish the campaign, it's overwrought.

Gog doesn't do extra copies, but usually you pay proportionately less.
    This time I believe the higher discount (80%) requires buying everything you don't already own - so if you have 2 of 10 you get full discount on the other 8 but if you remove even 1 - you're back just just the flat discount (60%?)

You can test it on the bundle pages tho - I thought I'd found a gotcha earlier but it disappeared when I retried it so...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    What's the latter-day consensus on Jade Empire, anyway? I remember playing it and enjoying it back in the day up to a point, then getting to a point where it was all combat all the time and it became extremely difficult to advance. Then again, I think I was playing M&KB and perhaps a controller is better? Any reason to revisit? It's $3 on GOG at the moment.

I never even managed to complete the first mission in Settlers IV :( I am a failure

Network Hub
    DCS are having a sale of upto 70% off on their own modules. Might only last the next few hours.
    http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritz View Post
    Yes it's a flash deal, but the new Shadow Warrior is on GOG for $7.99 at the moment, which translated to £4.86 for me i.e. a stonking deal.

... but only for the next 26 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose
    Dammit
    It's on again, for two hours. Go go go!