Page 561 of 577 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,220 of 11523

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    What's the latter-day consensus on Jade Empire, anyway? I remember playing it and enjoying it back in the day up to a point, then getting to a point where it was all combat all the time and it became extremely difficult to advance. Then again, I think I was playing M&KB and perhaps a controller is better? Any reason to revisit? It's $3 on GOG at the moment.
    My memory is that I enjoyed it for a while and then found myself thinking "hang on - what am I doing here, nothing interesting has happened for ages" and never going back to it ;0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    I never even managed to complete the first mission in Settlers IV :( I am a failure
    Settlers 4 is a turd. Real talk, no roads. No Logistics, it's C&C but with lumber.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 19-06-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    My memory is that I enjoyed it for a while and then found myself thinking "hang on - what am I doing here, nothing interesting has happened for ages" and never going back to it ;0
    This is pretty much my feelings, as well. Although, I'm not sure I even enjoyed it in the beginning. It was more that I appreciated the fresh setting. The combat was a bit interesting at first, but got dull pretty quickly. IIRC, the controls were a bit iffy in some way. May have been uncomfortable, imprecise or something, I dunno.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetetic View Post
    DCS are having a sale of upto 70% off on their own modules. Might only last the next few hours.
    http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/
    Possibly worth noting that these are not compatible with the Steam version of DCS World, they stopped providing Steam keys earlier this month. I bought Flaming Cliffs 3 in this sale, expecting a Steam key as there were no warnings that they stopped doing keys, and it turned out they'd stopped providing Steam keys only two days before. I told their support that I wanted a refund and they thought it was acceptable that they'd announced the news on the Steam and DCS forums... Not, as you might expect, on their news page nor their own store. There are still no warnings to be found. I got a refund in the end, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    This is pretty much my feelings, as well. Although, I'm not sure I even enjoyed it in the beginning. It was more that I appreciated the fresh setting. The combat was a bit interesting at first, but got dull pretty quickly. IIRC, the controls were a bit iffy in some way. May have been uncomfortable, imprecise or something, I dunno.
    Well, that's two recollections that perfectly match mine, so I'm going to presume I did not, in fact, miss anything. Thanks folks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Any thoughts on Smugglers V?
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Itís ok. I kinda felt jipped for the price I bought it a few months ago though ($10). Each class has something different to offer but their tasks can get extremely repetitive. Better to play Sid Meierís Pirates and pretend you're in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    It’s ok. I kinda felt jipped for the price I bought it a few months ago though ($10). Each class has something different to offer but their tasks can get extremely repetitive. Better to play Sid Meier’s Pirates and pretend you're in space.
    I'm more fiercely loyal to Sid Meier's Pirates! Than I am SMAC, and I love SMAC. It's mainly because here is a game that let's you grow old and slow, it asks you to take a wife and settle down to spend time with that family the narrative wanted you to rescue so badly.

All the endeavours are hollow, your gold whittled away, your crew only loyal until they get bored and all military victories eroded while you are on the far side of the island chain, but for a moment it's real. For a moment you plunder essential food deliveries from an enemy town and then invade it while the occupants starve, lose a romantic interest to a rival in a duel or find some pirates treasure only for him to hunt you down in revenge.

Not many games offer such range.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    God help me on the ballroom dancing. Weirdly, the most difficult part of the game!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    God help me on the ballroom dancing. Weirdly, the most difficult part of the game!
    Dancing is the reason I gave up on the game. Seemed like there was a whole other piece to the game that I couldn't get to because of failing the dancing sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Granath View Post
    Dancing is the reason I gave up on the game. Seemed like there was a whole other piece to the game that I couldn't get to because of failing the dancing sequences.
    You can still get married while being rubbish at dancing if your bride is plain... And in the game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I ended up with 2 extra Rise of Nations Steam keys from a 4 pack (friends changed their mind). $15 a key if interested. (savings of $5 if bought a single key).

Well, i myself gonna get me Original Wars (0,89€ on Steam). I already have the boxed Version and its one of the more original RTSgs.
    Train Apes to drive your Tanks,what is there more to say?
    Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    I ended up with 2 extra Rise of Nations Steam keys from a 4 pack (friends changed their mind). $15 a key if interested. (savings of $5 if bought a single key).
    A long shot but you don't happen to want to trade one for Insurgency do you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One for Pinball fans here

If you download and install Pinball Arcade on Steam you get 1 free table (as per normal)

If you try to install one of Black Hole, Ripley's Believe it or Not or Theatre of Magic, it will offer you a starter-pack of all 3 of those tables for 1p/1c!

There's a good use for some card funds perhaps?

I missed the flash sale on Luftrausers at GOG but I bought it at 33% off anyway. Six dollars is a good price and I have no interest in watching the front page like a hawk until it comes back, it's not worth it.

I don't know if this was previously in the GoG summer sale
    Battle Isle Platinum on sale for another 20 minutes ($2.49)

One for Pinball fans here

If you download and install Pinball Arcade on Steam you get 1 free table (as per normal)

If you try to install one of Black Hole, Ripley's Believe it or Not or Theatre of Magic, it will offer you a starter-pack of all 3 of those tables for 1p/1c!

There's a good use for some card funds perhaps?
    Cheers, thanks for the tip. Had previously tried it out but didn't realise that the tables can be bought in-game in smaller combinations than the whole seasons at at time advertised on the Steam page.

Network Hub
    The latest offering from IndieGameStand looks pretty cute: Unsummoning: the Spectral Horde for $1 min. Greenlight & Desura; PC/Mac/Linux. Don't we all need more cute & puzzly shooter things in our lives?

Network Hub
    GOG are at it again. They are currently giving away Omerta: City of Gangsters (it's hidden between the 'normal' flash sales, and runs till 3:59PM GMT, apparently).