Page 567 of 571 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 11407

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Inquisitor also has an incredibly stupid and useless stamina mechanic that essentially requires you to stand still and do nothing to regenerate your stamina after running around for a while or fighting. This ties into the potions problem, which is exacerbated by the fact that they don't stack. According to Steam I've played it for 61 minutes but considering I spent the entirety of that time killing bats after character creation I'd like to think that number is a little high.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Simmy the third: Starter edition is now 20 euros on Origin. Worth a buy for someone who rather enjoyed the second and first ones like 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Simmy the third: Starter edition is now 20 euros on Origin. Worth a buy for someone who rather enjoyed the second and first ones like 10 years ago?
    If you're lucky someone here might have an unwanted key for it from that Humble Origin Bundle a year ago. I'm never likely to play it so I'd offer you mine but I seem to have redeemed it on Origin, don't remember doing that but clearly I did...

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    If you're lucky someone here might have an unwanted key for it from that Humble Origin Bundle a year ago. I'm never likely to play it so I'd offer you mine but I seem to have redeemed it on Origin, don't remember doing that but clearly I did...
    I still got one. Want to have that, Grizzly?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    As an adventure and concept: I love it. You really do feel like a (40k-esque) Inquisitor who is investigating things and solving mysteries. The dialogue is wonderful, it really feels like you are interrogating the populace, and you can torture people.
    <rant>
    Now I've played about an hour, if that, but with that in mind? It's really, really not. Seriously. If you actually think anything about Inquisitor represents "good writing" - let alone good writing as applied to videogames (hello, walls and walls and walls and walls of tiny text!) - you, uh, well, I wish I could think of a more polite, eloquent reply than "you're wrong", but nothing's coming to mind. I got fed up and uninstalled it around the time a guy jumped out of a house and went "Aha! I'm going to kill you!" and then he was ten times as powerful as the bats in the starter area so I died. Everything up until that point was... reasonably decent storytelling, if bogged down in stupid, poorly-explained coincidences, seemingly endless exposition and ugly, poorly drawn art off some forgotten 1980s heavy metal album cover. But technically the dialogue and everything else that appeared in text boxes was dreadful. I really wish I could be sure I'm adequately conveying how much this isn't intended as hyperbole, and how this mediocre localisation devoid of wit or flair or characterisation or pacing or any kind of dynamics whatsoever just... hurt my brain, but it's the internet, so I'm sure I've failed. Still, had to try.
    </rant>
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

You cand purchase games like Stoorm and Fibrillation for minimum 1$ from playinjector summer quest bundle.

http://www.playinjector.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/228300/

Remember Me is cheap again! Go buy it.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/228300/

Remember Me is cheap again! Go buy it.
    OK, but... why am I doing this, again?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    OK, but... why am I doing this, again?
    Because it's totally worth it and we all want a sequel so the dev doesn't go extinct. Aaaaaaaaaaand becasue you're such a nice looking pal, of course.

And because its art direction is brilliant.

And a woman protagonist. Funny how lots in here will froth from their mouths at the hint of a nipple or the lack of gender choice in games, yet when you get something like Remember Me, the support for it is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    And a woman protagonist. Funny how lots in here will froth from their mouths at the hint of a nipple or the lack of gender choice in games, yet when you get something like Remember Me, the support for it is meh.
    Isn't it basically an adventure game? They're like a Someone Else's Problem, basically invisible.

And...

Funny how lots in here will froth from their mouths at the hint of a nipple
    ...I can see this in Someone Else's sig.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

So... if I don't buy (reputedly) mediocre games, the patriarchy wins?

Willing to be sold on this. It's been on my wishlist for a good while now. It's just that nearly every review I've read says it's a pretty good story crammed into a boring platformer/brawler. If I want a story whose pages are turned with a gamepad, I have Telltale titles for that - and they don't pretend they're something they're not.

I hope that's not a too un-comely thing to say, DanMan.
    Last edited by GunnerMcCaffrey; 15-07-2014 at 10:13 PM.

So... if I don't buy (reputedly) mediocre games, the patriarchy wins?
    Not just that, but also millions of (female) kittens will die.....

Willing to be sold on this. It's been on my wishlist for a good while now. It's just that nearly every review I've read says it's a pretty good story crammed into a boring platformer/brawler. If I want a story whose pages are turned with a gamepad, I have Telltale titles for that - and they don't pretend they're something they're not.
    I had fun with the game. I think it is worth the current 7.81, not only as support to the developer for a.doing something slightly different and b.taking the risk with a new IP, but also because trully the art direction is amazing. If you like imaginative sience fiction films, I don't see you disliking Remember Me.
    Granted the brawling is not very good, it's rather basic, but most of the time it works. The story is above average, the memory mechanics underdeveloped but interesting, but again... buy it for the art direction alone and it will be worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    ...I can see this in Someone Else's sig.
    I would have to charge royalties!

Sidenote: can someone convince me to get Strider at the current 40% off on steam? I've had my eye on it since it was released, has anyone played it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sidenote: can someone convince me to get Strider at the current 40% off on steam? I've had my eye on it since it was released, has anyone played it?
    The Giant Bomb Quick Look will sell it one way or the other - you'll definately have an opinion by the end ;0

Obscure Node
    Does anyone have any experience with Nuuvem? Their current sale appears quite cheap, and Lewis regularly posts their deals. But I'm wary of them, particularly in light of recent key seller issues.

Quote Originally Posted by StefJamEX View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Nuuvem? Their current sale appears quite cheap, and Lewis regularly posts their deals. But I'm wary of them, particularly in light of recent key seller issues.
    I've purchased from them several times, without any issues. Even did a pre-order there (*boo hiss*) without hassle. Just be on the lookout for region locks and such, but they're good at telling you if there are any.

Obscure Node
    Thanks, Fanbuoy. Much appreciated. And now I'm off to spend more money on games I don't need...

Obscure Node
    Hello. I can't create a new thread, so hopefully someone interested will see this here. I'm giving away a load of physical games for the cost of (UK) shipping. I'd prefer strongly to give them in one batch.

The titles are:

Armed & Dangerous (2003)
    Audiosurf (2008)
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 (2010)
    BioShock 2 (2010)
    Black & White (2001)
    Borderlands (2009) (with card cover)
    Clive Barker’s Undying (2001)
    Command & Conquer Generals + Battlefield 1942 + Medal of Honour: Allied Assault (2004)
    Command & Conquer: Renegade (2002)
    Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (1998)
    Company of Heroes (2006)
    Daikatana (2000)
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (2006)
    Deus Ex (2000)
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (cardboard box) + Bloodmoon + Tribunal (2002-2003)
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY edition (Knights of the Nine + Shivering Isles) (2006)
    Far Cry (2004)
    Far Cry 2 + Fortune’s Pack (2008)
    Gunman Chronicles (2000)
    Half Life (1998)
    Hidden & Dangerous (1999)
    House of the Dead 2 (2001)
    IL 2: Sturmovik (2001)
    Left 4 Dead (2008)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (2009)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (2002)
    Orange Box (2007)
    Red Faction: Guerrilla (2009)
    Portal 2 (2011)
    Rome: Total War (2004)
    Quake 2 + The Reckoning (1997)
    Sega Rally [Revo] (2007)
    Soldier of Fortune: Special Edition (2000)
    Sonic 3D: Flickies Island [Blast] (1996)
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (2007)
    STALKER: Clear Sky (2008)
    Thief II: The Metal Age (2002) [2 copies]
    Thief: Deadly Shadows (2004)
    Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business (2008)
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 (2002)
    Trackmania United Forever (2006-7)
    Trine (2009)
    Universe at War: Earth Assault (2007)
    Unreal Tournament (1999)
    Unreal Tournament (2004)
    Unreal Tournament 3 (2007)
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (2004)
    World of Goo (2008)

*Note that some have been activated online/steam so are basically just backups/pretty boxes.*

I can also throw in some extras I’d otherwise sell, for 5 each:
    Diablo 2 big box
    Command & Conquer Red Alert + Counterstrike + Aftermath (add ons)
    SWAT 4 + The Stetchkov Syndicate