Page 568 of 607 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,360 of 12132

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Week 4 of PC Gamer's giveaway is Gun Monkeys. You have to like PC Gamer on Facebook, and this time it actually gives you 2 keys, one for yourself and another as a Steam gift.

Network Hub
    To Greenmangaming. Its a Quakecon sale(is it Quakecon without John Carmark? and does he still go?) Wolfenstein is really the only thing here, £17.49 plus don't forget the 20% and with my math skills of brillance I think thats err £14 or some number round about. Cheapest I'v seen but I would wait for the Steam weekend deal, don't they ususally do a Quakecon thing too?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh my... I successfully resisted buying Dishonored in the Steam Sale, thanks to you fine people talking me out of it. But 3,74€? 3 Euro and 74 freakin' cent?!?! YOU CAN NOT. BE. SERIOUS!

Wasn't it exactly the same price during the summer sale? I think you want it GOATEY, anyway.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    It's discounted on GG too. I didn't compare everything in detail but it might be a tiny bit cheaper, depending on you currency: http://se.gamersgate.com/dishonored

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Wasn't it exactly the same price during the summer sale? I think you want it GOATEY, anyway.
    Dishonored GOTY got discounted to $3.74 in a pricing error last summer. I saw it, hemmed it over for a few seconds like the dolt I am and missed it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    To Greenmangaming. Its a Quakecon sale(is it Quakecon without John Carmark? and does he still go?) Wolfenstein is really the only thing here, £17.49 plus don't forget the 20% and with my math skills of brillance I think thats err £14 or some number round about. Cheapest I'v seen but I would wait for the Steam weekend deal, don't they ususally do a Quakecon thing too?
    They do and are but they'd have to go 66% or more and that seems unlikely at this point (unless it really didn't sell that well?)

Humble store has some decent deals on a selection of Ubisoft titles, including AssFlag 4 for £9.99. On for another 2 days.
    Last edited by Blackice; 19-07-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Weird how there's no discount for Quake games

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    AssFlag 4 for £9.99. On for another 2 days.
    Okay... They nearly got me there, but i havent finished 3's homestead missions so I really ought to hold off.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Humble store has some decent deals on a selection of Ubisoft titles, including AssFlag 4 for £9.99. On for another 2 days.
    Is it worth it, given that it doesn't include the various dlc and whatnot (which I would imagine you'd have to buy at full prices via uplay or something)?

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Is it worth it, given that it doesn't include the various dlc and whatnot (which I would imagine you'd have to buy at full prices via uplay or something)?
    It's worth it even without the DLCs. Personally, I never got them, but plan to get Freedom cry sometime in the future as a DLC or standalone. Also, Ubisoft didn't pull a "Bioware"on the DLCs and you can them anywhere, sometimes with discounts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    While Ubi's infinite cascade of special editions etc. and endless parade of minor DLCs are certainly worthy of mockery, I think people (like, you know, RPS) should do more to remind the buying public you don't need any of them. Sarcasm is fun and all, but whaling on their marketing department's idiotic capering kinda distracts people from the basic facts - that nine times out of ten if you buy the basic, no-frills version without any addons you will have a complete game that will last you for ages and will not leave you feeling as if you're being cheated out of anything. The extra missions for all the Assassin's Creeds, the bonus nonsense for Far Cry 3 - all completely optional, all eminently skippable. For example the people who complained about those two missing memories in AC2 or whatever sold after the fact - ho noes! They're selling me an incomplete game! - are lying, exaggerating, kidding themselves or all three. I don't really know any kinder or more civil way to put it, because it just leads to stuff like this - "Should I buy it? They cut vital stuff out and sell it separately all the time! Is it really a bargain???" Yes. Yes you should. No they don't - they really, really don't - and yes, if you like Ubigames, it is definitely a friggin' bargain.
    Steam | Tumblr (stories, writing-related) | Twitter

Ass2 DLC was a dick move because it chopped off a full third of the games main city and forced you to explore it completely out of context narratively. But, yeah... It wasn't really a problem for a patient customer who bought in late.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    What DLC was that Helio?

I've never bought a single DLC for any AC game. As far as I could tell, none of them had any substance. I have, on occasion, picked up an extra mission with the points you earn just for playing the game, but that's about it.

Bonfire of the Vanities, it wasn't bad all in all, but you walked along the river on the other side of that dlc area a hundred times during the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There was the Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vanietes, which were the corrupted 12th and 13th memory. They didn't come out for a few months after the game, so everyone missed them on launch.

Battle of Forli was rubbish.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    They were both mediocre at best, and didn't really add anything to the main narrative. People just blew the whole thing up into more than it was because EVIL GREEDY PUBLISHERS MUST DIE, stick it to the man and so forth. It was worth criticising, don't get me wrong, but I strongly doubt many people would have been that bothered if Ubisoft hadn't called attention to it with their whole "Memory 10... 11... 14... oh my goodness what happened to 12 and 13???" nonsense. (And if the internet didn't like sniping at EA and Ubisoft so, so, so very much.)
    Steam | Tumblr (stories, writing-related) | Twitter

Vanities actually had the series greatest concentration of actual assassinations, for a game with Assassin in the name, that wasn't insignificant.