Page 579 of 587 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,580 of 11732

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Correction: Rise of Nations: The Somewhat Broken Remake is $10 on Steam. From everything I've read the disc version is still very much the superior iteration of the game. Is the campaign map still scrambled? It looks like it hasn't been patched since mid-June despite all the reported issues.
    It just got patch 1.07 on Aug 21. http://steamcommunity.com/app/287450...1584426891773/

The June patch was 1.02. Never trust the "update history" pages on Steam. It's a shame they aren't more reliable.

I haven't played any version, but probably I'll pick it up when it hits $5 this fall or whenever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    It just got patch 1.07 on Aug 21. http://steamcommunity.com/app/287450...1584426891773/

The June patch was 1.02. Never trust the "update history" pages on Steam. It's a shame they aren't more reliable.
    Wow, the update history on Steam is indeed complete shit. I'm very glad they're working on it. I adore RON, it's my favorite RTS of all time, but I've heard some horror stories about the remake. Here's hoping they get it up to spec so that more people can enjoy a brilliant game. Ditto the Age of Mythology remake, which seems to have similar issues.

I haven't played any version, but probably I'll pick it up when it hits $5 this fall or whenever.
    If it's been patched up, I highly recommend it. As base-building RTS's go, it's the best.

Network Hub
    Currently going for very cheap (€1.99 each) on the humble store:

Book of Unwritten Tales
    Critter Chronicles

Haven't played the second installment, but I loved the first one to pieces. In spite of one of the playable chars being an utter git.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Currently going for very cheap (€1.99 each) on the humble store:

Book of Unwritten Tales
    Critter Chronicles

Haven't played the second installment, but I loved the first one to pieces. In spite of one of the playable chars being an utter git.
    I'm playing it the moment, after getting both of them for cheap from GMG (but it's no longer on sale over there).
    It's colorful, cute and very simplistic point and click adventure game. If you are craving for a P&C game and you that mind too much pop culture references, It's well worth the sale's price.

I'm reading cool things about Where's my Heart?
    Any recommendations?
    post in progress

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Wow, the update history on Steam is indeed complete shit.
    Some publishers/developers seem extremely recalcitrant with regards to providing update news via Steam. Some at least finally get around to posting it on their forums. Given the auto patching functionality of Steam I'm surprised they don't get the idea that if customers see their game updating they are naturally curious straight away to know what's been patched.

-150% on steam week long sales for Syder Arcade
    Untitled.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Challenger2uk; 01-09-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2uk View Post
    -150% on steam week long sales for Syder Arcade
    Going to wait for the -200% discount in the fall sale.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Playinjector View Post
    Why the flying fuck is that link via Facebook?

So... The Force Unleashed is quite cheap at Nuuvem right now. I'm guessing it works on Windows as well as Mac, but I'm uncertain, as it says "Mac Edition". Does anybody know?

Link here.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/175...th-edition-mac

I've bought a couple of these "Mac Edition" games from Nuuvem previously, they worked perfectly fine in my Windows-installed Steam. But I'd check if they're a bit tighter now with the regional restrictions.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So... The Force Unleashed is quite cheap at Nuuvem right now. I'm guessing it works on Windows as well as Mac, but I'm uncertain, as it says "Mac Edition". Does anybody know?

Link here.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/175...th-edition-mac
    It's Steamworks so it registers as a Mac and PC game that you can download on both platforms, I bought it today and it's registered fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Nuuvem also has a small discount on some pre-orders, including Civ: Beyond Earth (14% off). Of course, pre-ordering is silly, don't do that!

Thanks for the answers, everyone. Bought it. ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

"Rise of the Argonatus" pretty cheap on Steam

I just noticed that Rise of the Argonatus is on steam for 2.24$

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12770

This is a nice game in the style of Mass Effect, and a good RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Its been in a bundle, and discounted for near $0 prices, still not sure its even worth owning, please someone if you can honestly evangelise the game do it.

edit: Tei could you expand on the"mass effect likness"
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

From what I've gathered, it's as mediocre a game as they come. Not too bad, not that good, just mediocre. So I guess it all comes down to this - is the PC port any good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Its been in a bundle, and discounted for near $0 prices, still not sure its even worth owning, please someone if you can honestly evangelise the game do it.

edit: Tei could you expand on the"mass effect likness"
    Mass Effect likeness. You visit many isles and form a group of heroes on your ship, the argos. And is a "talking and fighting" rpg.

To be honest I played it a million times ago, but I was surprised in a good way, and liked the game a lot.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Got me curious about this title now. Checked Youtube and it looks...good. Not great. Certainly not amazing. But good. And oddly, combat looks better here than it does in youtube videos of the new Ryse: Son of Rome. Which I found odd, but then I know little enough about either title.

So I am curious: Is Argonauts a short game or does it drag on? Any customization or loot type items? Or is this more action game than "RPG" (understand I use RPG aspects here in the same manner as the video game industry, not the traditional role playing manner).

Any info would be welcome indeed.

Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am not professional reviewer and I don't remember much of the game.

Heres what RPS said about it:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...the-argonauts/

RPS did not like the game. But thats their opinion.