Page 58 of 594 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    If anyone is considering getting that Max Payne bundle, make sure you go with Direct2Drive... Impulse has currently locked me out for "too many login attempts," a restriction it imposed on me after only one try. Because of this, I can't even download the game, and I won't be buying from Impulse again.

Network Hub
    Surprised this doesn't seem to have been mentioned already - Spiderweb have permanently reduced the prices of all their games and have an extra 10% off till the end of October. Seems I'll finally be getting round to trying out Avernum or Geneforge.

Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    What?! I've never had that problem.
    I'm guessing it's cause I'm in the US trying to buy from a GB store. Even with globalization and all that, apparently it's still not that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike74 View Post
    I'm guessing it's cause I'm in the US trying to buy from a GB store. Even with globalization and all that, apparently it's still not that easy.
    Ah, that explains it. According to the GMG blog:
    Bad news folks, we very unfortunately have to pull down EA products from sale in all regions except for the UK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Activated Node
    If your in Canada, then best buy and futureshop are having a massive thanksgiving sale, which has starcraft 2,k DXHR and Dead Island for only $40 (each)

Brink for 10
    DNF for 20

the range is less impressive at FS.

Banned
    Why why why why why are all the damn impulse games region restricted? Every single juicy sale is region restricted here. I swear how 'bout not displaying the damn price and the game with a nice little blue environmental looking globe with a BIG WHITE CROSS DASHING IT OUT. They insist it's up to the developers/publishers. I'm sure they have some say though. After all, the same games aren't region locked on OTHER digital distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Why why why why why are all the damn impulse games region restricted? Every single juicy sale is region restricted here. I swear how 'bout not displaying the damn price and the game with a nice little blue environmental looking globe with a BIG WHITE CROSS DASHING IT OUT. They insist it's up to the developers/publishers. I'm sure they have some say though. After all, the same games aren't region locked on OTHER digital distributors.
    This is why I gradually stopped checking Impulse for deals; eventually never even installed it on my new computer. I mind less that they don't have deals in the UK, but don't fucking advertise them to me if I can't even buy them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Not all are region restricted. A number are worldwide. Publishers may only give Impulse distribution rights for certain areas, or the publisher itself (ValuSoft, for example) may only have distribution rights for one area. You can't buy Drakensang: The River of Time digitally anywhere in the UK, all you can do is order a retail copy from Amazon UK (Which itself is an import copy and not stocked by Amazon themselves) because no publisher or distributor has the rights to distribute it here.

I do agree that Impulse should hide the deals you can't get, though. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Surprised this doesn't seem to have been mentioned already - Spiderweb have permanently reduced the prices of all their games and have an extra 10% off till the end of October. Seems I'll finally be getting round to trying out Avernum or Geneforge.
    Does anyone have any ideas on Geneforge series vs Avernum 4-6?

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Geneforge is a strange and experimental sort of fantasy/sci-fi setting, focused more on the single-character. Avernum is more of a vanilla fantasy setting and has a party-based focus. Vogel puts a lot of quirkiness into both.

You can try a significant chunk of each out in the demo and then plunk down for whichever you prefer. If you're looking to pick full versions up on the cheaps keep an eye for intermittent sales on Gamersgate. Avernum IV is bargain-basement on Big Fish Games at $6.99. They often have deals for first-time purchasers that bring games down lower.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I do agree that Impulse should hide the deals you can't get, though. It's annoying.
    I completely stopped looking at the impulse store because of this, eh gads they really are determined to fail.

Space Siege -75% in Steam for the next day or so, making it 2.50 in UK. Although the game seems to have a rather negative reputation hanging around it.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Space Siege -75% in Steam for the next day or so, making it 2.50 in UK. Although the game seems to have a rather negative reputation hanging around it.
    the description alone turned me off of it

"buhhh? guy in space turns into robot but loses humanity???? you gain your stats but you lose your life????"
    a grumpy dude with a PHD in videogame debating

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Gamersgate is selling Sword of the Stars Complete for $5, and also the next one, Sword of the Stars 2 for $40. Pre-orders get free DLC, as well.

Mount and Blade games 75% off as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Pre-order Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter and get Liir/Morrigi Race Pack DLC Free

Wtf is this? Need to go digging

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Pre-order Sword of the Stars II Lords of Winter and get Liir/Morrigi Race Pack DLC Free

Wtf is this? Need to go digging
    It's just some extra aesthetic stuff. Alternate voices, ship skins and the like.

So, so tempted.
    Gamersgate is Paradox's own distribution service, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    So, so tempted.
    Gamersgate is Paradox's own distribution service, right?
    Not any more.

They used to be, but aren't any more. They have a different one now.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join