Page 61 of 603 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 12045

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For our North American (or maybe US only? NAFTA be damned!) friends: Amazon is selling some digital pre-orders for 30% off, most notably battlefield 3, which is $42

(Also AssCreedRev for $35, and Heroes VI for $40)
    Last edited by Giaddon; 12-10-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    For our North American friends: Amazon is selling some pre-orders for 30% off, most notably battlefield 3, which is $42

I don't see it on .com or .ca.

linky linky?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Please make sure you buy the shit out of Red Faction: Armageddon. So much fun, and possibly the last Red Faction game for a very long time due to miserable sales.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Please make sure you buy the shit out of Red Faction: Armageddon. So much fun, and possibly the last Red Faction game for a very long time due to miserable sales.
    i disagree, do not buy it

i heard it was a boring game with a humongous plot hole (can't remember what, exactly, but it made me angry when i heard about it)
    a grumpy dude with a PHD in videogame debating

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Being a steamworks game, you can pick up RF:Armageddon at Play.com in Britain for 7. If you really care about 50p. It, along with the DLC, is 75% off.

Errrm, RF:Guerilla is 3.74 (75%) and an excellent game, highly recommended. RF1 and 2 are also 75% off and 1.25 a piece.

All of these are, of course, on Steam.

Incidentally, I'm highly interested in RFA, but I have a considerable back-log. I'll wait till it's inevitably on sale in the winter sale. Or buy it at Play...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

So what other THQ deal days do we think they'll be running? Dawn of War is almost a certainty, but is Company of Heroes big enough for a day to itself?

What was Monday anyway?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    What was Monday anyway?
    Metro-Yes-It's-On-Bloody-Sale-Again-2033.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Monday was Metro I believe. Can definitely see CoH getting a day (although is there even anyone left who doesn't own it who wants to?), maybe Darksiders and Supreme Commander too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I can see Homefront and STALKER going on sale on the same day, perhaps tomorrow, leaving the weekend deal being all Relic stuff with COH and DOW.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    For our North American (or maybe US only? NAFTA be damned!) friends: Amazon is selling some digital pre-orders for 30% off, most notably battlefield 3, which is $42

Emphasis on the digital in the above statement. These are on Amazon's digital download service, which may be US only. Also, in the case of BF3, it really shouldn't matter if you dislike or haven't used Amazon's service yet, since you'll need Origin anyway. Probably.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood pc download is $12 on Amazon this week.

http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-40589B...dp/B004NSVDCO/

RPS MP forum topic: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Brotherhood-MP

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ass Creed 1 was interesting, Ass Creed 2 was good, Ass Creed Bro is glorious and has one of the most interesting multiplayer games going, no twitch, no aiming, you can play competitively with a pad, patience is a virtue... and not staring steely eyed down a cross-hairs patience but actually god damn patience, flanking and strategy matter but you only manage 1 unit, its genius.

UK shoppers can get it for 6.01 on a disk, but that disk only needs to be in the drive for the install and there is no "always on drm" indeed, the game launches and plays without the internet, all you miss out on would be achievements, multiplayer, a stupid investment mini game oh and the game auto patching which is nice for a disk bought game where you don't need the disk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Cr...8463067&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 13-10-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    What is the state of the UbiDRM on AssBro? It's honestly not something I would ever stand on my soapbox and whine about, but my internet has been intermittent at best lately. If it still requires constant connectivity, does it still exit your game without saving when you lose it?

I edited after you posted, but it has an offline mode which only need 1 initial online check and then you can offline mode forever. But you shouldnt, because the MP is TIGHT

Oh wow, if the physical copy is cheaper than the digital download on the Europe side (see! you guys do get deals!) I'll wait for such an offer makes it to the states.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    What is the state of the UbiDRM on AssBro? It's honestly not something I would ever stand on my soapbox and whine about, but my internet has been intermittent at best lately. If it still requires constant connectivity, does it still exit your game without saving when you lose it?
    To be clear, Brotherhood never required a constant internet connection, that was Assassin's Creed 2's thing (which got patched down to "check in each startup," which is still annoying). In Brotherhood's case, as Helio correctly said, it's just "check in once and then you can offline mode forever." Much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Oh wow, if the physical copy is cheaper than the digital download on the Europe side (see! you guys do get deals!) I'll wait for such an offer makes it to the states.
    6 British pounds = 9.45300 U.S. dollars According to Google, so its hardly a massive price gulf

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    So what other THQ deal days do we think they'll be running? Dawn of War is almost a certainty, but is Company of Heroes big enough for a day to itself?
    Well, Company of Heroes was 80% off within the last month (I know because I bought them all), and Darksiders was 75% off a couple of weeks before that, so it's hard to say if they'll repeat those deals, or use games that haven't been discounted recently to get more interest.

But they opened with Metro 2033, and according to UnRavThreads that's been on sale plenty of times before (I've only been using Steam for a few months now, so I couldn't say).

I did a bit of math and unless the DOW series is 80% off I'll still be better off opening the boxed copy I've got coming from the UK, but if the first DOW collection is on sale I'll probably buy it.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    6 British pounds = 9.45300 U.S. dollars According to Google, so its hardly a massive price gulf
    My point being, if physical AssBro costs less than the digital download counterpart, why on earth WOULDN'T I want that?

(and the physical copy in the states is twice that, $20)