Page 62 of 602 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Network Hub
    Physical AssBro doesn't register on Steam. Might be that you'd rather have it on Steam for the ease of reinstalling/patching, but I leave it up to you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    My point being, if physical AssBro costs less than the digital download counterpart, why on earth WOULDN'T I want that?

(and the physical copy in the states is twice that, $20)
    Ah, and I see. As a man with children, and notably a four year old to whome all things are toys disks are a volatile commodity, and indeed this week I went to play grim fandango to find disk 2 was irreparable.

@Icarus AssBro automatically patches seamlessly anyway.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 13-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    But I believe that you don't need the disc beyond installing, which goes for most Ubi games. Install it and lock the damned thing up ;)

How is the base version of Cities XL? I've heard disappointing things about it but it seems to only be 99p on Steam so possibly worth it for a few hours entertainment?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One of the (very few) good things the Ubisoft Uplay platform does is autopatch.

99p seems like a pretty risk-free price! Wish it was that low in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    One of the (very few) good things the Ubisoft Uplay platform does is autopatch.
    I actually quite like the idea of unlocking content with the points system, if I'm honest. If there's nothing I want in, say, R.U.S.E., I can use the points I earn from it to buy something for The Settlers 7 or M&MH VI.

Network Hub
    Saints Row 2 is 6.66. Worth it?

That depends, and but I got saints row 2 on a disk for 50p, and that activated on steam, make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Saints Row 2 is 6.66. Worth it?
    Fun game, essentially old school GTA with a nice mechanic that encourages mucking about and doing the side missions. The PC version has issues with framerate and various other bugs however there are a variety of community mods that smooth quite a few of them out. I'd hold out and see if it goes on sale on it's own over the weekend but I found it enjoyable.

As for Cities XL I've played an hour and it seems pretty good. The interface is nice and makes it straightforward to see where problems are. It's prettier and more fast paced than the simcities from memory but also a touch simpler. From what I've read there are problems when you delve in deeper, in particular with transport and pollution but at the minute it seems more than enjoyable enough for 99p.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradePenguin View Post
    it seems more than enjoyable enough for 99p.
    Is it a UK only offer? I'm connecting to Steam from Spain, and it shows with a 13€ price.

Showing as 9.99 for me.

Yes, it seems they fixed it, shame I didn't jump on it when i got the chance.

Apologies if this was mentioned, but Sword of the Stars: Complete is on GamersGate for 3.74 (Or was it 3.78?), either way it's less than 4.

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything else. It's downloading now :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradePenguin View Post
    As for Cities XL I've played an hour and it seems pretty good. The interface is nice and makes it straightforward to see where problems are. It's prettier and more fast paced than the simcities from memory but also a touch simpler. From what I've read there are problems when you delve in deeper, in particular with transport and pollution but at the minute it seems more than enjoyable enough for 99p.
    That is very cheap, but I dislike the game. I am a huge SimCity fan, but this game feels very 'surface-level.' You can't dig deeply as Brave Comrade Penguin noted. You're honestly better off spending your time playing SimCity 4. It's not nearly as pretty, but it's a better game (actually it's more of a toy than a game).

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Apologies if this was mentioned, but Sword of the Stars: Complete is on GamersGate for 3.74 (Or was it 3.78?), either way it's less than 4.

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything else. It's downloading now :(
    I know.. any given opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    That is very cheap, but I dislike the game. I am a huge SimCity fan, but this game feels very 'surface-level.' You can't dig deeply as Brave Comrade Penguin noted. You're honestly better off spending your time playing SimCity 4. It's not nearly as pretty, but it's a better game (actually it's more of a toy than a game).
    My girlfriend has gone a further than I and she agrees. New mechanics and buildings run out pretty quickly and it mostly turns into a circle of building housing and then industry which is split fairly simply. For 99p no regrets but certainly not great for the typo free 9.99. SimCity 4 clearly offers a lot more.

Witcher, and Outcast and a host of other Atari games half price on gog. com
    www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_collection
    It's not a stupid sliding scale bundle either, but just 50% off whatever you buy.

Also the I-war games which I hear are good.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 14-10-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's a great GOG sale. Some fantastic games there.

If you're one of those people who likes the Dutiful Cash-In games and likes to Dutifully Put Cash In Kotick's Pockets, then Impulse has Black Ops for 26. There's also Modern Warfare 2 for 10, and its DLC for 5.50 a pop each (That's 50% off, shockingly).

I believe both titles are Steamworks, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You know, I might even pick up CODBLOPS if

a) The price wasn't so egregious
    b) I hadn't seen this video where, as part of the story, you torture this guy by breaking glass off a window, putting it in his mouth, and punching his face... AND THEN A FEW MINUTES LATER HE JOINS YOUR SIDE.