Page 77 of 579 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 11569

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sales flow dictates you won't see a BF3 sale above 10% until March, pre order people would get reduced satisfaction if they got undercut.

Retail is a different story, especially in the UK.
    Guess I'll start watching the papers for a good retail sale then :)

It's 23.47 for the Limited Edition here, which is probably the best you'll see for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    GamersGate are putting up some titles for sale again, including The Settlers.

The Settlers 6 - 3 (No expansion available on GamersGate)
    The Settlers 7 Gold Edition - 9 (UbiDRM)
    The Settlers Complete Bundle - 12 (Settlers 7 Gold, Settlers 5, Settlers 6. No expansions for the previous two on GG)

The Settlers 7 DLC is also on sale, but as I write this, DLC Pack 3 Complete currently isn't on offer, much to my annoyance (As it stands, it's more expensive than The Settlers 7 Gold).

Lego Batman and Batman: Arkham Asylum GotY are also still on sale there for just over 5 a piece, and getting one will net you 10% off a pre-order of Arkham City, whilst both will get you 20% off.

Obscure Node
    green man gaming has extended their pre-order voucher, don't know for how long it will last. (referral link, we both get 2$ credit if you register and buy from it)

New 15% off voucher is PERFE-CTPRE-ORDR2
    Works only on the games from this list:
    www.greenmangaming.com/promo/preorders/?gmgr=qecuzoge

Amazon has the Men of War Collection for 87% off, as well as a few of the individual games for upwards of 75%.
    Last edited by lasikbear; 08-11-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: better link

Activated Node
    ArmA II sale on steam... looks like a pretty good deal to me... Except I don't think I'll ever have the time to get invested in the multiplayer. How is the singleplayer? Worth 10 bucks for Operation Arrowhead?

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Steam has 75% off AI War. $5 for the core game or $7.49 for the game and expansions. I tried the demo and couldn't get past the clunky UI, I'm not a 4X gamer at all though - haven't even delved into SotS yet which I got when it was cheap - so maybe it isn't clunky at all if you're experienced with the genre.

I know there are some fans around here, hence the mention. A couple of weeks ago I probably would have bought it, but all the talk lately about not buying games just because they're cheap has convinced me to hold off on more buyings.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    From an interface standpoint, AI War is very much an RTS. It plays a lot like a 4X game on a macro level, but was designed to control in a way familiar to any RTS player (with some nice modifications to eliminate as much need for micro as possible).

The Paradox e-mailout that has just landed in my inbox includes a code for a free copy of Sword Of The Stars, which is very kind of them.

Quote Originally Posted by moth bones View Post
    The Paradox e-mailout that has just landed in my inbox includes a code for a free copy of Sword Of The Stars, which is very kind of them.
    Whoops, got the mail too and deleted it as spam. Thanks for the tip! Looks like a nice game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    ArmA II sale on steam... looks like a pretty good deal to me... Except I don't think I'll ever have the time to get invested in the multiplayer. How is the singleplayer? Worth 10 bucks for Operation Arrowhead?
    I'd say no. The SP isn't bad but it isn't really good either. Multiplayer is where the game shines and you don't need to invest hours and hours of training either. We have a very active RPS ARMA 2 community that's very open to newcomers and doesn't expect any competence at all. See the ARMA 2 Thread in the Gaming Groups Subforum or check herosquad.org

Network Hub
    Rage 20.09 on Steam.
    Last edited by Heister; 09-11-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heister View Post
    Rage 20.09 on Steam.
    Yeah quite tempted. Unsure, however. I mean I do want a good shooter game, but I'm concerned that with a bit of an aging computer the popup is just going to be too brutal for me to endure. It's not a bad computer by any stretch, but it is a bit past its best. Anybody who has rage and has a comp that roughly match the specs of 4gb RAM, a GTX 260, and an intel E8400 (dual core 3ghz each) to offer some advice?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Yeah quite tempted. Unsure, however. I mean I do want a good shooter game, but I'm concerned that with a bit of an aging computer the popup is just going to be too brutal for me to endure. It's not a bad computer by any stretch, but it is a bit past its best. Anybody who has rage and has a comp that roughly match the specs of 4gb RAM, a GTX 260, and an intel E8400 (dual core 3ghz each) to offer some advice?
    I have a friend with a very similar rig to yours (He has some quad core instead... I'm unsure of the clock speed). If I use the performance he got as a judgement, it would be a definite pass. The game looked awful even after you let the textures pop in. He also told me he had to tweak it heavily to even get it to run the way it did. Really unfortunate... That rig should have no problem running that game...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by CrinnyCow View Post
    I have a friend with a very similar rig to yours (He has some quad core instead... I'm unsure of the clock speed). If I use the performance he got as a judgement, it would be a definite pass. The game looked awful even after you let the textures pop in. He also told me he had to tweak it heavily to even get it to run the way it did. Really unfortunate... That rig should have no problem running that game...

Ah, that's a shame, but I'm glad I know before I bought it. Thank you. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    What a great 'Midweek Madness' offer. Great to see brand-new-ish games on sale. Too bad Skyrim's out this week, or I'd have picked it up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I guess Rage was a huge bomba :/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heister View Post
    Rage 20.09 on Steam.
    17.99 @ Amazon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Great to see brand-new-ish games on sale.
    Right, because too much of that definitely wouldn't be an indication of an incipient industry crash. No sir.

Edit: To be clear, a game that came out and was received poorly doing this is obviously not a problem, I just take issue with the notion that this is something we want to see with regularity.
    Last edited by vinraith; 09-11-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    A brand-new-ish game that was received somewhat poorly, mind. I'm sure they didn't sell as many copies as they'd hoped. That's been the pattern a few times lately - hyped game disappoints, goes on sale early. The highly-rated ones stay at 90-100% of the base price.

Stop making disappointing games, say I.