Page 79 of 609 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    GOG.com has 60% off Anuman games. Haven't played any of them, so I don't know which are worthwhile, but the good news is it's a flat 60% off, not an accumulative discount like they've been fond of lately, so you can pick as many or as few as you want.
    Motoracer used to be one of my favourite games, not sure how well it stands up now.

I've heard a lot of good things about Syberia and it's sequel but I haven't played them, I don't usually enjoy adventure games.

Activated Node
    EYE is still a bit of a way from being fun. It's seriously ambitious with such a variety of skills to choose from that it is overwhelming. Unfortunately, most choices are so badly compromised by bugs that the game is unplayable. Stealth is rubbish - a single shot draws all enemies within a kilometer and enemies can spot you from miles regardless of the direction they're facing or your vertical advantage. Weapons are moderately bland and enemy AI is worse.

EYE is one of those games that could be great, if in a years time they patch it so mightily that the mechanics play out as intended.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Steam insists EYE is still $19.99. What am I missing?
    Steam's news feed incorrectly shows future daily deals ahead of time a lot. Sometimes it's a day off, other times a week. Either way, since it reported 3 daily deals today, within the week we can expcet EYE and Alien Breed sales.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Steam's news feed incorrectly shows future daily deals ahead of time a lot. Sometimes it's a day off, other times a week. Either way, since it reported 3 daily deals today, within the week we can expcet EYE and Alien Breed sales.
    Well that is nifty!
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Steam insists EYE is still $19.99. What am I missing?
    As someone mentioned, sometimes Steam mentions the wrong daily deal. Once, not long ago, it said Hydrophobia in the news page but it was something else.

Also, sometimes I think they're region-restricted, so whilst one region may get it another might not. That's very rare, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Atari is releasing a D&D anthology for 20 dollars on Nov 15th which includes:

Baldurs Gate 1, 2 (plus expansions)
    Icewind Dale 1, 2
    Temple of Elemental Evil
    Planescape Torment

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Drago...vglnk-c1561-20

That's a pretty good deal considering that if you got all these on GOG it'd cost you like 60 dollars or so.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Atari is releasing a D&D anthology for 20 dollars on Nov 15th
    Bah! Seems to be US only. I wonder if they are optimized for modern machines too

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I don't know how many people care about it, but Red Faction: Armageddon is 7 at Amazon and Play. It's a Steamworks title.

Although general disappointment at it losing its sandbox world, the game did review decently and general reception was positive. A good price and not likely to be beaten by a Steam sale (its current price is 30).
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Armageddon is a good 3rd person shooter, that I think a lot of people really missed out on because it wasn't an open world. I've played it a lot and would definitely recommend it at that price.

It's android not pc, and you need to provide "mathematically valid" credit card details. But shift is free today on the amazon android app store today.

Obscure Node
    For anyone who missed it in the bargain bucket comments...

Rage 13.99 http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/pc/rage-a...oductpage.html

Also I notice that settlers 7 deluxe gold is still 8.99 on gamersgate (including all the dlc), apart from peoples stances on the whole ubisoft/drm situation is this something worth picking up at that price point?

Quote Originally Posted by Phats View Post
    For anyone who missed it in the bargain bucket comments...

Rage 13.99 http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/pc/rage-a...oductpage.html

Also I notice that settlers 7 deluxe gold is still 8.99 on gamersgate (including all the dlc), apart from peoples stances on the whole ubisoft/drm situation is this something worth picking up at that price point?
    Play the demo, it's a neat little board game strategy hybrid. The but I played the drm'd demo, the servers went down and the game kicked me out, I don't know what else to say to warn you as I own 0 ubi always online games.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Play the demo, it's a neat little board game strategy hybrid. The but I played the drm'd demo, the servers went down and the game kicked me out, I don't know what else to say to warn you as I own 0 ubi always online games.
    I was a little worried about that, I can get over the principle of the drm at that price point as long as the game isn't fubar because of it or other technical issues

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phats View Post
    I was a little worried about that, I can get over the principle of the drm at that price point as long as the game isn't fubar because of it or other technical issues
    It's bloated and any nVidia driver above 270.66 - at the moment, I believe - is likely to cause issues. The next set of drivers is said to fix a number of issues with The Settlers 7, but the game itself is still a bit bloated.

It's certainly not bad for 9, though. The servers very rarely, if ever, go down these days. I've put a number of hours into the game and I've only ever had two instances of connection problems. It doesn't boot you out, though, but simply pauses the game until the connection comes back. It allows you to save, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Via SavvyGamer (which you should all have as a bookmark): Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box is free if you get it through the Origin client. Seems to be UK only, but if you enter the code "PARADISE" along with your address (or a VPN as someone has commented) when you get to the checkout, it goes from the low 5 to free. Which is lower.

Burnout Paradise is a fantastic open world racing game that controls superbly and is incredibly fun to play. Lots of things to do. Indirect predecessor to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit being made by Criterion, who obviously used Paradise as a foundation for HP. Highly recommended. And hey, it's free.