Page 82 of 594 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

Actually, I read a few posts from people complaining about how the '7 days a week'-service promoted in their FAQ was of no big help with getting their orders processed quickly. I think I'll take SirKicksalot comment as an advice and pay 2GBP/4EUR more and be safe with my order (if GMG is more reliable).

Yeah, that makes sense...no use getting the game cheaper, but too late too play it (side note: I need more free time -.-)

I think I will look into that GMG offer as well, really looking forward to seeing if Skyrim is what I hope it is...

Network Hub
    I bought Skyrim from GMG and it was absolutely fine, just whacked the serial into steam and I was able to download immediately. No problems far as I can tell.

Ok, I found another way to get my hands on Skyrim: Steam Trade with TF2 items. It never came to my mind but there actually is a market for promotional/pre-order items and hats that is involving money trades and gifted games. Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    SPACE RANGERS 2: DOMINATORS
    AWESOME GAME DETECTED!

Unfortunately, it would seem that you don't get the 'Reboot' expansion, but having played both standard and Reboot I wouldn't really be certain that the higher price point (from Steam: 10 euros) is worth the extra content that you'll get, especially as Space Rangers 2 can be quite a "hit or miss" game for many people due to the awful translations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Weighing in at 64 metacritii Hydrophobia: Prophecy is only 1.50 on steam.

Hot or not?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Medal of Hono(u)r $4.95
    http://www.direct2drive.com/9477/pro...Honor-Download
    or 3.75
    http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/9494/p...Honor-Download
    Today only, whats the word guys?

Dead space 2 for 3.74
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DS2UK/dead-space-2

Again what's the word on the street?

I've not finished dead space 1 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Megagun View Post
    AWESOME GAME DETECTED!

Unfortunately, it would seem that you don't get the 'Reboot' expansion, but having played both standard and Reboot I wouldn't really be certain that the higher price point (from Steam: 10 euros) is worth the extra content that you'll get, especially as Space Rangers 2 can be quite a "hit or miss" game for many people due to the awful translations.
    The expansion is just a love letter to the original game anyway, you will get plenty of random awesome from just the base game.

A game where you can have a wing of mercenaries who actually act like mercenaries rather than stupid drones, they'll retreat, demand more money or just rob you if it suits them.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 19-11-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: moar!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Amazon has Dawn of War 2 + Chaos Rising for $5.

They're also running a buy one, get one 50% off on Skyrim and Rage, making the total for both ~$84. That deal ends today.

Finally, Impulse ("Gamestop") is running this Focus Home RPG bundle for $7.50. I can't speak to the quality of any of the games, but I can speak to their cheapness!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Didn't get on well with the original, but I enjoyed Deadspace 2 - it's a really slick shooter, looks good, some fun setpieces. Definitely worth 3.74.

If you're in the UK, Saints Row: The Third is 22.85 on Shopto.net's download service. I believe it's a Steamworks game, so you don't need to download it from Shopto.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Finally, Impulse ("Gamestop") is running this Focus Home RPG bundle for $7.50. I can't speak to the quality of any of the games, but I can speak to their cheapness!
    Silverfall is... uh... yeah. Definitely a good-for-5 game, but I don't think it had any of the 'catch' of some other European games. I think you can turn off the horrible comic-y outlines, which is great because it looks vile with them on. There's some customisation for your character, but not too much.

As for Loki? I got bored very quickly, and if my memory serves me correctly it had one of the horrible DRM packages, but I could be wrong.

Hot or not?
    Luke warm. I got it free on PS3 for having Playstation Plus. Some great graphics work and interesting moments.

Hot or not?
    It's easily worth 1.50 - Some fairly good graphics and average-to-moderate gameplay. It's not perfect, far from it, and it's got a scarily high footprint for what it is (5.5GB almost, I believe), but for 1.50 I say go for it.

Network Hub
    g2play.net has Saints Row 3 for 21.44. I've never used them, hell I'm not even sure if it's legal... but savygamer links to them now and then. Has anyone used them?

Not sure if this is a bargain as such but PC Gamer UK are giving away King Arthur: the Role-playing wargame for free with their Christmas issue. I've heard O.K. things about it and will probably download it to give the game a go at some point.

Activated Node
    King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame is very fun, a more RPG-ish take on the Total War formula. It isn't perfectly optimized, and the campaign isn't always fair, though. I recommend it to anyone considering it - I had great fun with it.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I really liked King Arthur. It's like Total War with magic, although the mechanics aren't quite as refined as Total War. Plus it's very off balance at times. I played on "very hard," for example, and it was absurdly easy once I realized that there were times in between missions when the enemy would stop attacking you until you triggered the next mission. Since there are experience rewarding locations on the map, I just stuck all my heroes in there and skipped ahead 30 turns untill they were all uber-powerful. It kind of broke the game for me as I was able to build up 3 massively powerful armies in no time and crush all opposition for the rest of the game.

Plus, some people complain about the over-powered archers, although I actually liked them.

I just played the Anomaly demo on steam last night, oh my god why don't I own this game! Buying it in a minute, but before let me tell you why, If I ignore Tower Defences existence the description gets harder but more meaningful.

Anomaly is a Strategy game where your units don't stop, you can only direct them by way of junctions, you can pause the game at any time, but real time positioning is still fundamental, its very much a real time game with pausing, the pausing is easily accessed and attached to nearly every action you do (bar moving), this lends it as much sense of rush as you want it.

edit: oh, 'nd its on sale for 3 and pennies
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 21-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Semi-bargain on GamersGate now. A new D&D collection, Neverwinter Nights Complete, just went up. It's 15 on sale (57% off), and is probably only just a bargain at that price.

NWN + 2 Exps + Kingmaker
    NWN2 + 2 Exps + Mysteries of Westgate

Kingmaker contains three extra premium modules, but many are still unavailable.
    Mysteries of Westgate is a slightly bigger premium module, developed by... uh... some studio I've never heard of.

I don't think it's that good a deal, though. NWN Complete (minus Kingmaker) is easily available for a pittance on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I don't think it's that good a deal, though. NWN Complete (minus Kingmaker) is easily available for a pittance on Amazon.
    or gog http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/never...iamond_edition