Page 91 of 602 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 12037

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    More Zavvi bargains:
    Space Marine - £13
    Might & Magic Heroes VI - £15
    Deus Orange: Orange Orange - £13

Dungeon Defenders is 75% off on Steam as part of its daily deal. I played the demo and couldn't get into it at all due to the floatiness/strange camera/wonky controls, but from what I hear, it's a rather excellent game.

It's very good! I definitely rate it up there with my top 5 games of the year. Try out the demo first to see if you like the coop atmosphere. But I picked it up for the pre-order and haven't regretted my purchase at all. You can play split-screen on your PC, which was a big deal for me as I've gotten a lot of play out of it playing with my wife on our PC. We just hook it up to the TV, grab the wireless M&KB and a Logitech controller and have fun!

Is Dungeon Defenders playable in single-player mode? Or is it aimed solely at multiplayer?

I haven't tried it out myself but I've read it doesn't scale based on the number of players so single-player isn't a good idea.

Network Hub
    It does scale depending on players.

However, it's largely kinda boring SP. I still play a SP map from time to time generally when I have specific goals and friends aren't online (pugging a super hard achievement is not an enjoyable experience).

GamersGate has some very, very interesting items on sale right now.

Drakensang: Phileasson's Secret is now finally available to those of us in the UK, and is just £2.50 on sale! Yay!
    Drakensang, the first game, is also down to £2.50
    The Witcher 1: EE - DC (the Director's Cut bit isn't relevant to anywhere but the US) is a massive £1.75.
    Tropico 3 is £2.50, but you may wish to hold out for the Gold edition.
    Atom Zombie Smasher is £4
    BioShock 2 is down to £3.50 which isn't bad, but it is GfWL and a slightly poor port, which may put some people off.
    Talking of poor ports, Mass Effect is just £5, which isn't much of a bargain for those in England.

Network Hub
    Worth noting that Witcher price is a daily deal so will be higher soon.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I also refuse to play VtM:B because I'm not going to dick around with an in-progress fanpatch as I am currently prioritising other games. I said - if you cared to follow the discussion - that I will consider going back to it once the patch hits its final release.
    There's no real "dicking around" involved; it's a one-click install. And considering the patch is in its 7th year, I can't see a final release anytime soon. Just replayed the game myself with the patch and it's as great as I remembered; you really are missing out by not taking a chance.

Elsewhere:

BioShock 2 is down to £3.50 which isn't bad, but it is GfWL and a slightly poor port, which may put some people off.
    The plot isn't as original (it could never be) as no. 1, but the combat is more satisfying. I even loved the DLC, Minerva's Den. (not sure has that ever gone on sale though.)

P.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    There's no real "dicking around" involved; it's a one-click install. And considering the patch is in its 7th year, I can't see a final release anytime soon. Just replayed the game myself with the patch and it's as great as I remembered; you really are missing out by not taking a chance.
    V:tM-B will still be around in however many years. I will play it when I wish to, and right now I don't.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I just wish to highly recommend both Drakensang games. While Phileasson's Secret really doesn't add anything to Drakensang 2, both games are very, very nice - while I may commit unspeakable heresy with this, I'd describe them as a good mixture of Baldur's Gate and Eye of the Beholder.

Drakensang 2 is also incredibly immersive. It's a genuinely enjoyable world to live in and explore.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Phileasson's Secret requires Drakensang 2 to play, but when I click on the link to that there's no option to buy the game. Is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mana_Garmr View Post
    Phileasson's Secret requires Drakensang 2 to play, but when I click on the link to that there's no option to buy the game. Is that just me?
    Where do you live? River of Time is only available on .com, I think. If you're in the UK, you can't buy River of Time - it doesn't even appear on their site - you have to get it imported or use a proxy (my copy is an English-language EU copy).

Ah, I'm in Ireland so that could be it. They seem to think I'm an American when I go to the site through my PC for some reason, on laptop now, so hopefully I can get it that way.

Edit: Damn, they've fixed whatever it was that treated me as being american.
    Last edited by Mana_Garmr; 05-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Can I use gamersgate.co.uk instead of gamersgate.com for cheaper prices if I live in EU? I am sorry if this has been asked before, I am just kind of confused with their system.

Network Hub
    Is Drakensang any good?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Is Drakensang any good?
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_36990.shtml Demo there. I tried it out earlier and, while the demo has some annoying limitations, it seemed to be a really enjoyable RPG. Was enough to confirm a purchase from me

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Is Drakensang any good?
    Depends what you're after. It's closer to Baldur's Gate and the such in that it's based on an actual in-use rule set (Das Schwarze Auge, known as The Dark Eye in English territories), which is rather odd to get to grips with.

If you want something like Dragon Age, you won't get that. The game will steamroll you, and I mean steamroll you. Even on easy, a lot of the game offers some sort of challenge and you are sort of limited in the viable builds for the game due to a fairly fixed party. Combat isn't the main focus, but it is necessary to progress, so you can't really avoid it.

I think you really have to try the demo to get what I mean. It's a rather obtuse game at the best of times, but it is absolutely stunning to look at and hear (Dynamedion did amazing work on the soundtrack).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    R.U.S.E. is 67% off on Steam. Please buy it, especially if you like World in Conflict.
    A review bashed it for having smart AI...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    A review bashed it for having smart AI...
    Link or it didn't happen.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/