Page 99 of 577 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 11522

Thread: PC Bargains

Ok, as nobody posted it yet, the daily Steam-deal is LIMBO (caps seem to be the way to spell it) for € 2,50 (and knowing Steam, 2,50 in any other currency).

I just bought it and played half an hour, and man is this game scary (no problem with slaying zombies by the hundreds in L4D..but this is just..wow..).
    The sounds, the visuals, everything. But fun and pretty in a special kind of way. You should buy it I guess.
    Steam-Id inside.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Ok, as nobody posted it yet, the daily Steam-deal is LIMBO (caps seem to be the way to spell it) for € 2,50 (and knowing Steam, 2,50 in any other currency).
    1.75 in the UK

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

I just bought it and played half an hour, and man is this game scary (no problem with slaying zombies by the hundreds in L4D..but this is just..wow..).
    The sounds, the visuals, everything. But fun and pretty in a special kind of way. You should buy it I guess.
    I second this feeling. Creepy as hell(limbo?). Dark in all the meanings of that word
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Limbo is well worth $2.50, but I feel compelled to say that the game kind of gets worse as it goes along. The first third is great, middle third is okay, and last third is filled with somewhat poorly-signposted puzzles and more trial and error and platforming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Eh. While the quality of the environmental art suffers in the more industrial levels I smoothly finished the whole game never failing any area that much, except the first time the game asks you to flip gravity in mid air, I died 50 times before I noticed that.

The ending is just a yellow smiley face scrawled on the Mona Lisa though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

If you're a veteran of Limbo's inspirations, Another World or Heart of Darkness, in comparison Limbo will make you feel like a deductive genius, with its vaguer puzzles likely only hanging you up for an hour or a night of sleep. I finished it in two casual days and quite liked it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I almost got it. But something about the theme just doesn't ring with me. I tried the demo, and I was impressed by how unsettling it managed to be. It just wasn't quite interesting enough to pull me through the unsettling atmosphere as more than a student of atmospheric game design.

Today's steaming pile of... Steam is Magica for 1.99 or 4.99 for the game an all the DLC (and considering its 5.51 atm for the DLC alone, thats not bad) despite most of it you may never use.
    Bring a friend, and expect bugs.

NOTE: Not trying to start one of 'those' flamewars, but despite the asthetic this game has, it is not an RPG in any way shape or form.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 16-12-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Also friendly fire, Magicka has the best friendly fire since alien swarm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Agree with the first part, not with the second. It was a mess at release, but I haven't had any problems with the game since April or so.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Agree with the first part, not with the second. It was a mess at release, but I haven't had any problems with the game since April or so.
    It still has some very weird gamebreakeing bugs here and there, but they are rare. Tried multiplayer with a friend a week ago for the first time and we had some really annoying problems on the first level for some reason, then everything smoothed out.

Network Hub
    Anyone got used to Magicka on a controller? I tried playing local co-op with a friend and 360 controllers and that immediacy of action just doesn't feel the same.

Also, no bug issues with Magicka on my end when I booted it up a few months ago. Seems to have been cleaned up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    All the soundtracks got added to the newest Humble Indie Bundle! Jamestown, Cave Story and Super Meat Boy are 3 of my favorite game soundtracks of all time.

The pad controls are extremely poorly thought out. Some people have tried hacking better methods in but they are all insanely difficult to apply or break one system coop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Is The Stars are Left worth $2? I'm not holding out high hopes for the singleplayer experience, but does it add enough to multiplayer?

The new DLC is on sale? Whoop!

Heard this off the savygamer twitter.
    http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/10263/...sis-2-Download
    Crysis 2 3.75

Tempting.
    I've never bought something there. D2D is not a steam-like system, but more like GetGames or GoG where you get the game files, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Tempting.
    I've never bought something there. D2D is not a steam-like system, but more like GetGames or GoG where you get the game files, no?
    You could always add your key to origin, Oh right that's mandatory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Tempting.
    Steam and Impulse are really the only ones like they are. D2D, GamersGate, GOG - they all host files on their sites. You can use the GameSpy Comrade tool to download your games, but I wouldn't recommend it.