Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by gotkaya View Post
    Long time player, but never played on a server... Would love to join your server if there's still room.

    Thanks,

    gotkaya
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
    Long term lurker here.
    Played minecraft a lot this time last year on a server with friends. Would love to get going again on some projects, with a decent community.
    Username is Wilkiee
    Great, I've added you guys and I'll message you the details, it's a little quiet at the moment because people (and myself) are with the families for the holidays but everyone ensures me they'll be back soon!

  2. #62
    We got a brief griefing today from 'andy1471' and 'thejackoman' but the server takes automatic backups every few hours so it's easy for me to roll it back a few hours :) I can roll it back further if anyone notices any other problems, or if you'd prefer I can gift you items to replace the griefing.

    The griefers have been banned. If you notice griefers again please message me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hexagonalbolts

    *edit* also, I thought you guys might find it funny that a quick google of their usernames revealed that thejackoman is presumably the owner of this rather trendy page: http://thejackoman.xanga.com/ whilst the instantly recogniseable wit, charm and eloquence of Andy1471 can be found on an online profile on a dating website: 'iam looking for someone who want to have fun and enjoy themself and maybe more if ur interested just drop me a line.'
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 01-01-2012 at 03:00 PM.

  3. #63
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    Ahoy fellow Minecraftians!
    Im MrWeed and Im a long time senior member of the unofficial Rock Paper Shotgun Minecraft server that was recently mentioned in the RPS front page post. I saw your comment and I'm really interested in checking out what you guys have build, as I am a huge fan of medieval themed Minecraft building aswell. In fact, I have build a whole medieval town, complete with a reasonably sized castle on the unofficial Minecraft server.

    It would be nice if you could send me your server details so that I can get involved for a bit!
    And in case you guys want to check out what the unofficial server is like, you can always check the forum thread, log on and wander around for a bit.

    Also, I've got something that might interest you. A texture pack that I think fits medieval themed building perfectly. It for example replaces some of the paintings with banners, crossed swords or shiled crests that you can hang on the walls. The textures itself are very nice and medieval themed aswell.

    Here is a link to a version I have slightly modified to get rid of the overly fancy doors and a couple of not-so-nice textures:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5aoq69ys5a6p53y

    The original texture pack can be found here:
    http://nationsatwar.org/downloads/

    And as this is a 32x texture pack, you will need the HD patcher, too:
    cloud.github.com/downloads/pclewis/mcpatcher/mcpatcher-2.1.0_02.exe

    Hope you like this pack and I sure hope that you allow me to check out the server. ;)

    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Ahoy fellow Minecraftians!
    Im MrWeed and Im a long time senior member of the unofficial Rock Paper Shotgun Minecraft server that was recently mentioned in the RPS front page post. I saw your comment and I'm really interested in checking out what you guys have build, as I am a huge fan of medieval themed Minecraft building aswell. In fact, I have build a whole medieval town, complete with a reasonably sized castle on the unofficial Minecraft server.

    It would be nice if you could send me your server details so that I can get involved for a bit!
    And in case you guys want to check out what the unofficial server is like, you can always check the forum thread, log on and wander around for a bit.

    Also, I've got something that might interest you. A texture pack that I think fits medieval themed building perfectly. It for example replaces some of the paintings with banners, crossed swords or shiled crests that you can hang on the walls. The textures itself are very nice and medieval themed aswell.

    Here is a link to a version I have slightly modified to get rid of the overly fancy doors and a couple of not-so-nice textures:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5aoq69ys5a6p53y

    The original texture pack can be found here:
    http://nationsatwar.org/downloads/

    And as this is a 32x texture pack, you will need the HD patcher, too:
    cloud.github.com/downloads/pclewis/mcpatcher/mcpatcher-2.1.0_02.exe

    Hope you like this pack and I sure hope that you allow me to check out the server. ;)
    Sure thing I'll message you the details, however it has literally only been up a day or two so everyone's just gathering resources at the moment really, so don't hope on any impressive sights! It's not a creative server, but rather survival, and when I say 'fantasy' it's more just a more succinct and less rude way of saying that the server isn't for pixelart/sculptures, it's more about surviving and living in towns together.

    I've been on the RPS server a few times and there is some really awesome stuff on there. I thought I'd like to give a server like this a go and I've really enjoyed it :)

  5. #65
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    Thanks mate, I'll try and connect to the server some time soon.
    And no worries, I do realise it's a survival server. The uRPS server started out with 5 people gathering resources aswell. ;)
    But when people get rich they tend to build luxurious stuff, you know. And that's pretty much the story of our server. All hand-made, no materials spawned. ;)

    Looking really forward to some old school surviving, outside of town walls and castles. :D
    I'm more or less the guy you will find living alone in a wooden shack deep in a random forest.

    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  6. #66
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    151
    Multiplayer survival sounds right up my street, I'll fire of a PM shortly.

  7. #67
    Network Hub Comrade Commissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    347
    In case anyone actually used the texture pack I linked to:
    Sorry, I provided you with an outdated version of the HD patcher that makes many textures look weird.
    Be sure to use this one, it's the newest version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t1xdrctmb5rubwu

    The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    In case anyone actually used the texture pack I linked to:
    Sorry, I provided you with an outdated version of the HD patcher that makes many textures look weird.
    Be sure to use this one, it's the newest version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t1xdrctmb5rubwu
    I've been trying to get the darned things to work recently after seeing some jaw-dropping youtube videos, I'll give that a go tomorrow. Your house is looking pretty babein' by the way! Also please excuse my bizarre mess of a half-done castle that looks very strange at the moment, it'll make sense once it's done, I promise!

  9. #69
    Network Hub Xerian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    136
    Hello there gents, I'm also a long-time senior (but not "as" long-time as MrWeed) of the olden uRPS MC Server, where I'm often the building-buddy of MrWeed, and after seeing your comment on the frontpage-article and hearing he'd been on here for abit, I figured I'd come have abit of fun and a look-see and such :]... So i'd love it if you could send me the server details. Cheers, and see you on there!
    -Xerian
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

    Excellently maniacal Steam-powered automaton.


    Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow & Zaerow.

  10. #70
    Hey this server sounds like fun can you pm the details?

  11. #71
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    hey my minecraft name is Catmandew and i would love to play with you guys i am into the rpg aspect of the game and like to build castles and mine big mines. i am very organized in my mining and building so there will be no crazy big pixelart here :)

  12. #72
    Hey guys, I'll message you the details now.

    Here's a picture of how the new map is developing in the main town. My oversized castle is slowly starting to take form, and a few people have spread out from the town island putting up buildings further away:

    http://i.imgur.com/VHLKl.jpg

  13. #73
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Wow, finally a server that wont be full of pixel art, or loads of massive buildings taking up the space. I'm in!
    Minecraft Name: Codeyday

  14. #74
    Hi, I'm also a uRPSer who'd like a look at a new 1.0 multiplayer world to explore (who will be first to find a stronghold? So exciting!)
    Minecraft name: JellyfishGreen
    Thanks!

  15. #75
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    151
    I haven't actually gotten around to logging in yet. I was planning to tonight but it looks like my client has upgraded to version 1.1, will this be a problem?

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Xune View Post
    I haven't actually gotten around to logging in yet. I was planning to tonight but it looks like my client has upgraded to version 1.1, will this be a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyfishGreen View Post
    Hi, I'm also a uRPSer who'd like a look at a new 1.0 multiplayer world to explore (who will be first to find a stronghold? So exciting!)
    Minecraft name: JellyfishGreen
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeyday View Post
    Wow, finally a server that wont be full of pixel art, or loads of massive buildings taking up the space. I'm in!
    Minecraft Name: Codeyday
    The server has been updated to 1.1, however almost all of us are students and so we are in the middle of a very busy exam period and not able to come on much. Luckily I finish in the next couple of days so I'll be on plenty after that. I'll message you guys the details now though and hopefully I will take some pictures of the server and post them on here soon as well.

    By the way! There is a red brick 'welcome building', initially people were spawning inside it but now it would be appear that everyone spawns outside, please go in and have a quick read :)

  17. #77
    We're still looking for people :)

    Here's a couple images of the town centre:

    town1.jpg

    town2.jpg
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 27-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.

  18. #78
    Activated Node jyden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    86
    Having spent some time in SP, I feel like I'm ready for the MP-part. Any chance I could jump aboard? MC nick: Jyden11

  19. #79
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Hey my name is Kimon201 in minecraft. I am pretty new to minecraft but I like the mining, farming and woodcutting so I am sure I will be pretty useful to you, if you would let me join.
    Haha thanks!

  20. #80
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4
    Evening guys,
    I logged on a few moments ago, and castletown is gone. Has the server map been reset ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •