Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Someone else's copy of MW3 (PS3) was delivered to my apartment.

This week, a package arrived, addressed to a person who no longer lives at this address. One of my housemates opened the envelope to see what was inside. It was a brand spanking new copy of CoD:MW3, PS3 version. Now, no one living here has a PS3 (afaik) so it's probably best to return it and let the retailer know the person has moved.

Or maybe not.

I was thinking what I could do with a copy of MW3 and the identity of a person without a copy of MW3. This provides... an opportunity. It's way, way too easy to just toss it out and spare some poor sod from a railroaded explosionfest. So I was thinking, why don't I play a little prank?

In this networked day and age it's trivially easy to contact a person whose name you already know. The name on this package might receive a social network message, saying that someone has received the game that was intended for them. The message would kindly offer to mail the package directly to them. If this goes through, this person could receive their boxed copy of MW3 in their proper mailbox. Upon opening the box, they may discover, instead of a PS3 DVD, a burned copy of To The Moon.

Now, it would be pointlessly mean to omit the MW3 disc entirely. They paid a lot of money for it, after all. So naturally there would be a way to receive the original disc containing Modern Warfare.

All this requires is answering a simple question: What is the meaning of the blue and yellow origami rabbit?

Well, readers?

Well considering he could easily track down the address where the package was erroneously sent and he knows where it is, seeing as he used to live there, I probably wouldn't bother with any grand plans keeping him away from what he spent money on.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    I'd mail him the MW3 disc of course, but toss in your own disc with perhaps a humble indie pack or the like, just to give him a taste of what he's missing.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

At a time like this, I feel the unofficial ARPS motto is quite fitting: "Don't be a dick".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    At a time like this, I feel the unofficial ARPS motto is quite fitting: "Don't be a dick".
    Yeah. He knows where you live.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Replace it with a copy of Modern Warfare 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Yeah. He knows where you live.
    And he plays shooters, meaning that he probably is a natural born killer.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    And he plays shooters, meaning that he probably is a natural born killer.
    But he plays them on a console, meaning that he probably has bad aim.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    I'd mail him the MW3 disc of course, but toss in your own disc with perhaps a humble indie pack or the like, just to give him a taste of what he's missing.
    This one!

'Tis the season of goodwill, afterall :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    But he plays them on a console, meaning that he probably has bad aim.
    Still, I wouldn't risk it. After all, he only needs to manage that one quick-time event for explosions and great success (well, for him, not so much for LTK).

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Still, I wouldn't risk it. After all, he only needs to manage that one quick-time event for explosions and great success (well, for him, not so much for LTK).
    Unless LTK locks his front door.

Because we both know that it's impossible to get through a locked door. Not even with explosives.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

It's addressed to the guy in the room next to me. I'm one of five suspects.

Wait. That makes it more likely that my neighbour is going to be accused of stealing. Which is really a lot more dickish. A fatal flaw is uncovered in my master plan.

Shame. I really liked the idea of blackmailing someone into appreciating the intrinsic value of an indie adventure game.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    I like this idea. Don't be a dick, be nice. Maybe chuck in a little mixtape or something as well. Include a letter - handwritten, of course - and sign it with a few kisses. And make sure you spray the padded envelope with a bit of perfume or cologne. It's a nice gesture. He'll love it.

Activated Node
    Scratch "DAHMER" and a " ;-) " into it with a compass.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm kinda surprised you even opened it in the first place. If you had a forwarding address, why didn't you just re-post it?