Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Why doesn't Steam have any RPGs?
    It's real simple... You can view games by category. Here is the RPG category...

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/RPG

100's of RPGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Network Hub
    I for one welcome to chance to purchase new games, given the recent dearth of interesting and exciting releases.

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    DzX: To save you any confusion, I will direct you here.
    It didn't work =/

A whole lot of RPG for 8.49: Geneforge Saga 50% off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    A whole lot of RPG for 8.49: Geneforge Saga 50% off.
    Oh yeah. I forgot the Spiderweb games are on Steam now. Are the Exiles on there?

Oh yeah. I forgot the Spiderweb games are on Steam now. Are the Exiles on there?
    Negative just Geneforge 1-5 and Avadon, so far...
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Are the Exiles on there?
    All the Exiles are Win16 and don't run at all on 64-bit Windows. So definitely not.

Activated Node
    Why doesn't Steam have any RPGs?
    I take it that not even Geneforge 1-5, Avadon and Eschalon count as RPGs?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Anyone played TDU2? Does it at least do the open world well? As in, can I take a car and drive all around the world without being bothered by races, minigames and online features?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiath View Post
    I take it that not even Geneforge 1-5, Avadon and Eschalon count as RPGs?
    Read the rest of the thread will you?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post

I understand OMD is more physics based and lets you freely chain traps together, but is there any other reason at all to get this if you have Dungeon Defenders?
    I have both DD & OMD. OMD is much more...FUN, for me. DD is team-fighting-baddies, and I have terrible luck, whereas ORCS MUST DIE is a singleplayer funfest. Pew pew, kill the baddies, and there are 3 different 'trees', if you will, permitting vast re-playability. If you select different skills/traps for a level, you will have a very different play through experience.

Also, I'm US-based, and would be very interested in a Renegade Ops team-play-thingie.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Anyone played TDU2? Does it at least do the open world well? As in, can I take a car and drive all around the world without being bothered by races, minigames and online features?
    I've played it...for about 10 minutes [seriously, that's how long Steam claims I've played it - I'm sure that's wrong but meh]..but honestly, for what it's worth - don't buy the game - you can drive around the world, provided you stick to the roads, but there's really nothing else to do - you might as well get Burnout Paradise or Fuel if that's your thing because the driving physics alone in TDU2 are terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Shandrakor View Post
    I have both DD & OMD. OMD is much more...FUN, for me. DD is team-fighting-baddies, and I have terrible luck, whereas ORCS MUST DIE is a singleplayer funfest. Pew pew, kill the baddies, and there are 3 different 'trees', if you will, permitting vast re-playability. If you select different skills/traps for a level, you will have a very different play through experience.

Also, I'm US-based, and would be very interested in a Renegade Ops team-play-thingie.
    That makes 4 then: me, you, buemba and goatmonkey. Will you pm us your Paypal if you want to host?

Activated Node
    Read the rest of the thread will you?
    No way, it's two full pages long (i.e. tediously lore-heavy) and doesn't have any stats in it.

On topic, while it might be unrealistic to expect Exile to get to Steam they should at least add Avernum as well. And Nethergate, purely for the random heck of it...

Quote Originally Posted by DzX View Post
    I've played it...for about 10 minutes [seriously, that's how long Steam claims I've played it - I'm sure that's wrong but meh]..but honestly, for what it's worth - don't buy the game - you can drive around the world, provided you stick to the roads, but there's really nothing else to do - you might as well get Burnout Paradise or Fuel if that's your thing because the driving physics alone in TDU2 are terrible...
    OK, thanks. Only OMD for me today then!

As a side note, I pre-ordered the DNF Balls of Steel edition. I don't regret it (I HAD to own it after so many years of waiting), but I'm still kind of frustrated by how cheap the game is already.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiath View Post
    No way, it's two full pages long (i.e. tediously lore-heavy) and doesn't have any stats in it.
    You don't need to make excuses for failing an int check.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Any opinions/thoughts/descriptions on Risen? A quick search-around would suggest that it's an opinion-splitting open world fantasy romp possibly filled with wonks/flaws, would that be somewhat correct?
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    That makes 4 then: me, you, buemba and goatmonkey. Will you pm us your Paypal if you want to host?
    Sorry, I managed to organize a 4-pack dealie through CAG. On the plus side, you guys are one person away from the requisite 4, and I imagine it won't be very hard to fill this last spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Any opinions/thoughts/descriptions on Risen? A quick search-around would suggest that it's an opinion-splitting open world fantasy romp possibly filled with wonks/flaws, would that be somewhat correct?
    Pretty much yes; you're not going to find The Witcher 2 levels of polish, but it's a decent enough game if you enjoy the likes of the Gothic series [it's a 'spiritual successor'] - it's one of the few RPG's in recent years that's not afraid to just kill you if you wander off and try to fight something you shouldn't be able to beat. You defiantly see your character grow depending on your gameplay choices. Though the story's awful, whichever faction you choose, and combat is lackluster, so as you say - it's definitely opinion-splitting - it's the traditional 'European' RPG with a slightly smaller game-world than in previous games from Piranha Bytes.
    Last edited by DzX; 23-11-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Plays like Gothic (the good ones). Very difficult, but fair. The setting is a mediterranean island, so it's quite pretty. It rewards exploration better than any Bethesda game and the forests actually feel like dark, menacing forests where a wolf will kill you. It is a bit wonky, but it's worth it if you're in the mood for a challenging RPG with a rather good story and characters that feel like real people. But it turns a bit shit in the last third when it's all about dungeons and crocomen and abandons much of what made it good.

Bonus points for having Andy Serkis, John-Rhys Davies and Cersei from Game of Thrones.