Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Based on my limited playtime of both, I feel like Just Cause 2 is a MUCH better mayhem simulator/asshat sandbox than SR2.

JC2 It has better graphics and a bigger world and pretty much no bugs but other than that SR2 is better: It has funny writing and a fun story and good voice acting. JC2's is kinda of weak on all accounts. JC2's fighting is better but not unflawed.

Get them both.

Quote Originally Posted by field_studies View Post
    Neat! Anyone else find a hidden non-daily-sale treasure?
    Sequence, the RPG rhythm game hybrid is half price at £1.99. Haven't played it yet but the critical reception for it on the consoletoy was very warm and the developer seems to be working hard on ironing out the issues the PC version had early on.

Just Sanctum + DLC and Riddick for me. There was a few other things I wanted but I was unusually pretty restrained this time. I'm playing Skyrim and BF3 at the moment which is taking up what little gaming time I have so didn't see much point in buying too much else. Especially with the Xmas sale next month. Whatever I wanted now would most likely be on sale then.

Obscure Node
    Neat! Anyone else find a hidden non-daily-sale treasure?
    I'll second ComradePenguin on Sequence, it's pretty awesome at what it does and is unique enough to be interesting. It is a bit grindy though, which may not be your thing.

I got Puzzle Dimension for $2.50 - from what I've played of it so far it seems pretty short, but the visuals are excellent and the levels are engaging.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I snagged The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for $2.50 yesterday; surprised I didn't see it mentioned here. All the Dawn of War 2 DLC is on sale, and the complete pack comes with the recently-released Tau Commander, so I picked that up too.

Anyone know if Relic has plans for more DoW2 DLC? Probably does...

I passed on Greed Corp and went for Spectromancer instead (£3.74 for game and two expansions). A fine purchase; an incredibly straightforward, cute and varied card game that looks like it will have longterm play value especially in multiplayer.

Managed to pick up EU3 Chronicles for $7.50. This should fill in the gaps of the work day quite nicely!

I got Puzzle Dimension for $2.50 - from what I've played of it so far it seems pretty short, but the visuals are excellent and the levels are engaging.
    It seems like it at first, but the levels become pretty fiendish about halfway through, and then it really turns into a brain-scorcher of a game. It's probably my favorite puzzle game of all-time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Orcs must die, New Vegas DLC, L.A. Noire. (was surprised to see that last one, so soon.) A tidy haul.

I got orcs must die and chtulhu saves the world pack
    the good thing is that I could use TF2 metal instead of my cash.
    I love that new game buying currency :)

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    L.A. Noire. (was surprised to see that last one, so soon.)
    Seems as if consensus has been that this was a bit of an underwhelming sale (in itself not surprising with Christmas coming so soon), but there were an awful lot of very new triple-A games in the 30-50% off range, which I feel like I haven't seen as much in the past.

Neat! Anyone else find a hidden non-daily-sale treasure? Closest I cam was grabbing Burnout Paradise for 50% off... still $10 but I don't believe it's gone on sale at all in the previous few Steam sales.
    Capsized is £1.50. Quinns liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoupi View Post
    Hidden under the pile of sales, Shatter for very cheap: http://store.steampowered.com/app/20820/
    Great modern breakout game!
    Shatter is indeed a great game with a great soundtrack.

Noone's mentioned Divinity II DKS i've noticed. I thought RPGs were popular round these parts? I tried the demo and found it a very amiable game with NPCs that are actually well voiced and most surprisingly, genuinely funny. I'm not sure how the hacky/slashy turns out having only played the opening section, but compared to Dragon Age's rather stiff, serious tone that i always found too awkward to like, this has been pleasing.

Any concrete recommendations or allegations of crapness from anyone here before I add another game to my list (that by now i think probably exceeds any free-time quota of my life expectancy as it is)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    Noone's mentioned Divinity II DKS i've noticed. I thought RPGs were popular round these parts? I tried the demo and found it a very amiable game with NPCs that are actually well voiced and most surprisingly, genuinely funny. I'm not sure how the hacky/slashy turns out having only played the opening section, but compared to Dragon Age's rather stiff, serious tone that i always found too awkward to like, this has been pleasing.

Any concrete recommendations or allegations of crapness from anyone here before I add another game to my list (that by now i think probably exceeds any free-time quota of my life expectancy as it is)?
    I played Div II through to completion before FoV/DKS was released, so my views are a little out of date, but I found it to be a really interesting - albeit not perfect - game which had some genuinely entertaining moments.

The combat feels really quite flimsy and it doesn't really improve all that much, but it works well enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Divinity 2 tempted me greatly. But I'm still stuck in the forseeable future with Skyrim and actually need a break from RPGs after that. (Never thought I'd say that.)

I'm watching the Steamsales with a semi-enthusiastic half-eye, because I'm currently busy with games and I know that when I run out of my current batch of games, the Christmas-sales will begin.

Their timing is not optimal.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SMiD View Post
    Managed to pick up EU3 Chronicles for $7.50. This should fill in the gaps of the work day quite nicely!
    If you do get into it, which admittedly not everyone does, prepare to be hooked. Game is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I played Div II through to completion before FoV/DKS was released, so my views are a little out of date, but I found it to be a really interesting - albeit not perfect - game which had some genuinely entertaining moments.

The combat feels really quite flimsy and it doesn't really improve all that much, but it works well enough.
    Yeah it certainly feels a bit floaty-light, but i had put that down to the gamebryo engine. I'd be in it for the story/exploring/picking up of everything i can find more than much else, as i've been struggling to find a slow burner to meander through between whizzy Sonic sessions and painful Battlefield 3 levelling to unlock the advantages (/spit).
    The demo was the first i've come across where i actually found myself paying some attention, rather than just clicking through all the text to get to the next quest/reward/number increase before losing interest. Picked it up in the end, cheers for the info.
    Last edited by Memph; 28-11-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    I spent all of 2.49 Euro on Limbo and that was a gift for a friend.

Every time I saw something I might want, I started thinking that it'll probably come on sale again at a later time, so I didn't buy anything. Obviously a sensible approach, but it has also meant this sale has been very boring; no new toys (to leave sitting unplayed in my Steam library for months while I play Minecraft instead...).

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Damage done (yay impulse buys [except New Vegas, kinda]):

Renegops
    Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    Fallout: New Vegas + Old World Blues
    Section 8: Prejudice + DLC pack
    steam