Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DzX View Post
    traditional 'European' RPG
    What does this even mean? I'm unsure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    What does this even mean? I'm unsure.
    Western RPG, to differentiate from Eastern RPG.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Someone in the article comments thread pointed out that the DRM for Risen on steam only has 3 machine activations that don't regenerate. Not sure if that's true but if it is, ew.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    The Witcher 2 levels of polish
    HA! Good one, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Any opinions/thoughts/descriptions on Risen? A quick search-around would suggest that it's an opinion-splitting open world fantasy romp possibly filled with wonks/flaws, would that be somewhat correct?
    There should also be a demo up on Steam. Maybe you'll want to give that a shot before buying.

Thanks for all the replies guys, probably have to try the demo out first then. Although that particular DRM sounds... avoidable.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Is that a refrence to the danger of the conversation, or male designs in asian games?

Experiance with Steam sales has shown that the Unreal pack only goes on offer at half price and never a daily. Since it was 5 ish it was worth a shot.
    Forgot how good the original UT was.

Is there still space on Renegade Ops 4-pack deals? If not are there 2 people wanting it as me and friend have a pair of spare places.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Is that a refrence to the danger of the conversation, or male designs in asian games?
    More or less.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Well, I picked up the bits of the Oddboxx I didn't have (because that was cheaper than buying the bundle itself).

I also picked up AvP 2000 for 74p because apparently 2.99 wasn't cheap enough. I'm spoiled.

"Oh look, a new Steam sale. *browses* ...I already own all these games!"

\D:/
    Last edited by Anthile; 24-11-2011 at 02:57 AM.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    I got Children of the Nile, Syberia I&II, Thy Kingdom Come, and Disciples II Gold. I'm done!

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    There's a few I want... I would hold off until the Christmas Sale, but chances are I'll be in Russia with terrible internet when that sale drops. Hmmmmmmmm, what to do what to do.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Risen is OK, but if you haven't played Gothic 1 and 2 yet I'd just get them instead. Risen is basically the exact same as those (right down to monster models in some cases), only it's a smaller world and less interesting than Gothic's prison setting (it does have better graphics and combat than the Gothics, though, so there's that).

Plus, I could be wrong but I think Risen has been cheaper before on steam. Hasn't it been at least 10 dollars in the past? 15 dollars doesn't seem like much of a deal to me. Especially during a sale when you can get like 2-4 awesome games for that price.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 24-11-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Guys just stick to buying what you'll play before the next sale... Go crazy at Christmas if you must.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Guys just stick to buying what you'll play before the next sale... Go crazy at Christmas if you must.
    Yes Mother, of course.

Pfft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

I bought nexus the jupiter incident. Awesome game.
    I'm waiting to see if some of the games I really want go on a daily sale.

Obscure Node
    Time is running out for the first day of sales, so if anyone is interested in getting into a 4-pack of Renegade Ops with me, send me a PM. I'll probably be picking one up for $15 before the deal ends.

EDIT: Pack acquired, one copy still up for grabs.
    Last edited by Mcmicker; 24-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Renegade Ops is fantastic. Absolutely bloody fantastic and a steal at the 4-pack price. Been caning the co-op for a good few hours now. Triggers so much nostalgic arcade joy, with the bouncy handling feeling almost exactly like Ironman Super Off Road, with the level of glorious, gleeful and gorgeous destruction reminding me of classic shoot'emups like Metal Slug and SWIV. I may buy another 4 just so I have plenty of people to keep playing it with :)

Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    Renegade Ops is fantastic. Absolutely bloody fantastic and a steal at the 4-pack price. Been caning the co-op for a good few hours now. Triggers so much nostalgic arcade joy, with the bouncy handling feeling almost exactly like Ironman Super Off Road, with the level of glorious, gleeful and gorgeous destruction reminding me of classic shoot'emups like Metal Slug and SWIV. I may buy another 4 just so I have plenty of people to keep playing it with :)
    I'd love to join you. I don't know why but I can't find anyone to play with through matchmaking.