Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Fallout New Vegas for 4 and VVVVVV for 99p are must buys if you don't have them.

Zeno Clash is overated and silly and doesn't really work so fuck that.

I'm certainly tempted by LA Noire...

Network Hub
    I can see some people being somewhat aggrieved by LA Noire getting a 50% off discount less than two weeks after being released...

Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    I can see some people being somewhat aggrieved by LA Noire getting a 50% off discount less than two weeks after being released...
    This is why I always wait for Steam sales (And the rare midweek madness) to buy games

Well, its FO:NV and all the DLC for more or less 12ish, so thats kinda nice. Plus you can pick and choose to remove some of the weapons and armor DLC if you want to.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Fallout New Vegas for 4 and VVVVVV for 99p are must buys if you don't have them.

I'm certainly tempted by LA Noire...
    I agree with your comments on New Vegas and VVVVVV. However, Zeno Clash is fantastic, so I recommend that too.

And Monkey Island Bundle, for anyone who doesn't have it!

LA Noire wasn't really THAT great on the PS3, and I imagine it's even worse due to it being a port. Maybe wait for a bigger sale.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Ugh. Still not sure regarding New Vegas vs. Fallout 3. I did play and finish the base FO3 story on Xbox, but I haven't tried the DLC -- and I really want to do a few survival playthroughs similar to Lonely as a Mushroom Cloud. So I know the "hardcore"/survival mods are available for FO3, but...goodness. I'm so fickle. Someone help me.
    Last edited by squareking; 24-11-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Today's Dailies are really lackluster... I won't be getting anything, but New Vegas for $5 and LA Noire for $25 seem to be the standouts.

Edit: Wow, I should've refreshed before posting.
    Last edited by sabrage; 24-11-2011 at 06:40 PM.

So is there any consensus on which, if any, of the Fallout:NV DLC are worthwhile? I already have the main game.

I prefer ones that are story centred rather than just adding gear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I guess LA Noire is a huge bomb lol

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mana_Garmr View Post
    So is there any consensus on which, if any, of the Fallout:NV DLC are worthwhile? I already have the main game.

I prefer ones that are story centred rather than just adding gear.
    Old World Blues is by far the best! This is how DLC should be done, imo. Don't bother with Dead Money, pretty boring story-wise. You may also enjoy Honest Hearts. Not tried the Lonesome Road yet - just picked it up myself.

The Total War pack would be nice if everyone didn't already have all those games...

Ooh, New Vegas for a fiver? Don't mind if I do.

Picked up the DLC for New Vegas since they're on sale.

No the Courier's stash though, since it's all just in game items, and not Gun Runners, since if I want more weapons I'll mod them in.

The only game I've been actively thinking of buying recently, Dungeons of Dremdor, has been on "normal" sale at 50% off, so I got it. Now it may (probably not) go to 75%, meaning I wasted an entire $1.25, but that's a risk I can live with.

Fallout NV is tempting, you can get it and all the DLC for less than $20, but I still think I'll wait until it's officially a GOTY package.

Activated Node
    Does Fallout NV improve on the gunplay/exploration of Fallout 3 much?

It's far superior in every single way to F3.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    It's far superior in every single way to F3.
    It's still worse than Doom.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    How is The Lonesome Road? I have all the other story DLC

Edit: I thought Zeno Clash was good for its setting and artistic direction but even in its short running time (I beat it in one sitting, 3-4 hours) it manages to be repetitive. I'd say skip it unless the art style really appeals to you.
    Last edited by sabrage; 24-11-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post

I liked Zeno Clash. I'd definitely say it's worth 3 dollars if anyone is interested in playing an FPS with a different style of gameplay. Its combat is actually really well done, I thought, and the game is brief enough (like 4-5 hours or so) that it doesn't overstay its welcome. Plus, the storyline was consistently odd enough to hold my interest and be memorable (with some really awesome character designs as well). It's a great game to get on sale and spend an evening or two with. Not worth full price, though.

What do people think of Two Worlds? The first one, not the second one (which seems a bit too expensive still--especially its 30 dollar DLC which better be the best DLC ever given its pricetag).
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 24-11-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    How is The Lonesome Road? I have all the other story DLC
    Pretty good. Finishes off the story of the Courier and is worth going through for that alone. It's also the only DLC which can affect the main map.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    What do people think of Two Worlds? The first one, not the second one (which seems a bit too expensive still--especially its 30 dollar DLC which better be the best DLC ever given its pricetag).
    It's fun in a tongue in cheek sort of way. The second is better (DLC is that price because it's actually all of the DLC they had planned for TWII + all the stuff they had for TWIII. Adds another chapter to the game about a third the size of the original as well as overhauls a fair portion of the original game).