Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    That's pretty neat, except that time spent playing TF2 hasn't been tracked since its release.

I should clarify - the time spent has been tracked in the game stats but didn't start showing up in your account until Steam changed its interface (I think).
    Last edited by Fumarole; 15-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Your entire Steam purchase history is available to view on your Account page (top right in the client.) You'll need to do the addition yourself, obviously. I spent about 20% of my entire account's full retail value.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Terraria is my most played game, accounting for 13.21% of the total. Deus Ex: HR comes in second, but that's just a glitch. It reckons I played 28 hours of it, but I've probably only played 5 or 6 - I just had major fucking issues getting the game to run when it first came out and for some reason those issues tricked Steam into thinking I'd played a lot of it.

Weird that.

$1003.78, $4.47/hour, but as with everyone else, I bought lots of bundles and games on sale, so I'd be surprised if it was 25% of that total.

Otherwise yeah, really cool stats.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Has played 88/246 games.

Owns 246 games for a total worth of $3260.80.

Overall account cost/hour for gametime is $2.11
    Seems reasonable tbh. I really get my moneys worth out of the games I have played. It's unfortunate that quite a lot of my Steam account is made up of games I've steamified after the fact (like the GTAs for example). Which I'm probably unlikely to ever revisit again due to time constraints, so they're always going to sit there unplayed.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Obscure Node
    This is a good idea, I have backlog of about 10 big AAA games I need to get around to finishing. Best of luck!

Here's my excessively nerdy thing I've done to make sure I'm sticking to my $20/month budget. Visualization!

I'll be joining you in your crusade! If you are interested, I've made a Steam group for it as well. Ya know, for moral support. And competition... Tis in my sig of course.

Let's Necro!!! So, how did it go for everyone? Did anyone manage one year without new games?

I bought a game in November (Hotline Miami on a deal), and Humble 7 a week or so ago, so didn't quite make the full year. Did manage to get round to playing most of my backlog for a decent amount of time though. Even completed a few.

Network Hub
    I'm with you Nalano. I have 146 (since 2003ish) on Steam and maybe another 20 outside of Steam.

To me I feel constant guilt at the number of 'lightly' played titles... /burden off

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I bought a lot of games in the first half of the year, but the only ones I've bought since late May were Hotline Miami and a single IndieRoyale bundle. I did cheat and grab buccaneer's demos for XCOM, Dishonored and Far Cry 3, but none managed to hold my interest enough to justify even the download time, much less the price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Long story short, play whatever maximizes your entertainment. Don't waste time to waste time, there are creative activities you could be doing instead. Consumption has absolutely no inherent virtue unless you learn something from it or grow as a person.

I try to get three AAA games at most from last year, and the rest are indie bundles. My backlog keeps growing, but it's dishonest to call it a backlog. Normally I like two out of the five games in an indie bundle. That leaves three games that I dislike. It was still worth the bundle price for those two games. I won't force myself to play games I don't like, because what's the point of forcing yourself to do an activity you don't like and gives you no rewards in your free time?

Other games I'll buy knowing I'll play them eventually, but I only play them when the mood strikes. This is particularly true of RTS. I only play one a year, so a Total War and King Arthur sit on my drive. I don't regret getting them (I think KA was free), but I feel no pressure to play them. There are very few games I feel like I wasted money on. I did my research, but just didn't like them. That's Amnesia, Terraria, Depth's of Peril, and Eschalon. I'm sure they're good games, but I just don't like them. Also winter voices, which was a bad game I wanted to be good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    One word: Discipline. You have it, i want it.
    The place to flack your shit is over ------------------------------> here.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm not putting my lips on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Dark Storm
    You're fucking joking. "Dark Storm?" Dude, while you still can, change the name. For the love of all that is good and holy change the name. Seriously. Go through your website's source, do a Find and Replace All for all mentions of "Dark Storm", and whitewash it out of existence. Also, your site features no information about the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I see someone dug this up again. It went pretty well. I did buy a couple of games, and thus failed the challenge and forfeited any chance of winning the grand prize. But I saved quite a lot of money, and didn't buy more games I'm not going to play. I never got anywhere with playing through my backlog, because it turned out to be really boring and wasn't the point of this for me. Most of the games I've played this year are games I've owned and played for a long time, but I'm having fun doing it. And that's what counts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomeoftom View Post
    You're fucking joking. "Dark Storm?" Dude, while you still can, change the name. For the love of all that is good and holy change the name. Seriously. Go through your website's source, do a Find and Replace All for all mentions of "Dark Storm", and whitewash it out of existence. Also, your site features no information about the game.

They don't have even one actual screenshot from game and its coming out in Q2013 ''??!?

I made it all the way through the year until Dark Souls. Uh... and Torchlight 2. So technically I failed NNGFAY, but I'm still pretty pleased with the results. I made it through a large chunk of my backlog and will look to make it the rest of the way in '13.

Also, Dark Storm? No.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

I'm pretty decided on no-new-shootybangs this year. Unless they have some other interesting features and gameplay elements. Also atm I think I won't anyway play anything but Anno this year :D
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

With this year's Steam sale almost over my backlog has increased even more, so I too shall take part in the NNGFAY challenge. With the exception of backed Kickstarter projects I guess, since I already paid for them. Sorry, Far Cry 3, but you will have to wait until next Christmas.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -