Obscure Node

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Is RockPaperShotgun planning on doing a preview on the beta in the near future?

I do, of course, envisage you all as spineless amorphous blobs of lazy person just moping aimlessly in the hope some random clown on the internet like me suggests the most obvious thing in the world to you*

*No I don't I just appreciate your unbiased opinion and don't know what to make of varying degrees of fanboyism from other review sites.

Anyway, as its still in beta we can't expect a full-on review but are you able to do a rough impression?

I am at the voracious devouring of internet propaganda stage of my pre-order decision cycle and would value RPS's input.

RPS has already done a few Hands On articles about SWTOR, I imagine they're just going to wait considering that the game is being released in less than a month.

Obscure Node
    Cheers, my search-fu was weak.

Reading it now.

Can't find a part two, sadly.
    Last edited by Wombats; 24-11-2011 at 06:19 AM.

You could find out yourself by joining the beta (which has a stress-test weekend starting tomorrow afternoon) and then playing with some RPS chums (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...38-SW-TOR-Beta shameless plug)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    You could find out yourself by joining the beta (which has a stress-test weekend starting tomorrow afternoon) and then playing with some RPS chums (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...38-SW-TOR-Beta shameless plug)

Yuppers, I'm in.

Doubt I'm going to make it far through much of the single player content.

I like the nuker/healer idea of the Sith Inquisitor, although I hear its one of the least interesting storylines (which is probably still better than anything else in an MMO) so I don't know if its the one I should start out with.

I'll be in at the weekend, assuming the game doesn't decide to patch 10 GB of files before it lets me on. Also assuming I can find a server to play on.

Thanks for the link, Rakysh. I'd like to link up with some RPS-types when I get online.