Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 Players, same PC, recommendations?

Hi,

Any recommendations for 2-player games that can be played on the same PC? Ideally co-op... My kids have chewed through all the Lego games and are looking for something new.

Cheers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Try out Trine, though control-scheme for the second player requires a pad and is a bit wonky sometimes.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Lara Croft is good for some time,but then it gets quite repetitive at the end. There's also Obscure games,both have local coop,same for Kane and Lynch 1,which is quite good game.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

I'm not sure what age your kids are, so some of these may be too violent:

- Worms games
    - Heroes of Might & magic games
    - Renegade Ops
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is very good, although it may be a touch too frustrating for kid-taste.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Any turn-based game (as kids me and my brother were like "you control the tanks, I'll control the soldiers"), although many turn-based games have a hotseat mode for a proper bonafide two player experience. Blood Bowl, Incubation, Battlechess (there's a new chess combat game coming out, right?), and the Worms series for example. I don't know of many real-time ones apart from Magicka.

You could always grab some emulators and let em try Chaos Engine or Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 25-11-2011 at 11:49 AM.

I've not tested it but I think Trackmania 2 has a split-screen mode. I'll check when I get back home.
    Last edited by Edawan; 25-11-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! They're 10 and 12, so nothing excessively violent. Liking the ideas of Lara Croft, Trackmania and Trine so far. They tend to play with gamepads, so that requirement isn't a problem.

Network Hub
    Bionic Commando: Rearmed is primarily single-player, but also works awesomely in co-op.
    You might want to try and get the censored version, if the slow-mo supergore of that one ending scene bothers you, though.
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 25-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.

When I was a younger it was all about hot seating worms with my brothers. So many great memories :D

I fully recommend it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Am otherwise you can download N64/Ps1 emulators and play allot of games with your brother,there are more kid friendly games out there for those two.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Network Hub
    You can fiddle with the console and the config files on Left for Dead to set up a split screen co-op game if you have a game pad - works on both L4D1 and 2. Highly recommend!

http://pcformat.techradar.com/commun...ead-2-30-04-10

Should get you started.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Homm 3?

It's timeless classic.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 25-11-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Rock of Ages works though required a gamepad for both players last time I checked. This is also a great way to introduce them to history and possibly Monty Python. I had endless fun looking up the historical figures featured in it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Another vote for Guardian of Light. Nice, simple game with well grounded mechanics.

I'll also say Renegade Ops. It's...a parody of clichés. I think there's a few 'bastards' thrown around, but it's all fairly light-hearted.

There's also Audiosurf, which can be done with WASD and arrows, as well as controllers. One of the modes is a co-op mode, then let them pick some music to go to.