Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taidan View Post
    Yeah, but weren't those particular cut corners added again later as paid DLC?

*snark*
    One of them was ;) But no, it was things like the skeletons/models, particularly for female characters. All were based on the same one, I believe, but poorly changed so that Elves and Dwarves had some really, really odd proportions. Dwarves had massively long arms and long legs, and they looked a bit stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    You can't not have cut corners in a game, they were either cut or they weren't.

And they were.
    Hence why I said there were none of any significance, to me in any case. I found nothing to be bothersomely missing or half-arsed in the game.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    She looks like Barbie dress-up. Actually, they all do. Like you expect a gigantic nine-year-old to pick her up and move her arms about.
    I would play that MMO.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I would play that MMO.
    I could actually link you to one, but then I'd have to ban myself for crimes against humanity.

THESE THINGS EXIST.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I could actually link you to one, but then I'd have to ban myself for crimes against humanity.

THESE THINGS EXIST.
    Really? An MMO where the character creator lets you customize a nine-year-old girl (all you can see are her gigantic arms, but you can choose different bangles and such for them) and then you go through the game picking up dolls and manipulating each limb individually? REALLY, MR. VISION?
    Last edited by Berzee; 05-12-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post

THESE THINGS EXIST.
    This is my sadface.

:C
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    Really? An MMO where the character creator lets you customize a nine-year-old girl (all you can see are her gigantic arms, but you can choose different bangles and such for them) and then you go through the game picking up dolls and manipulating each limp individually? REALLY, MR. VISION?
    Well, yes. For a certain definition of "doll".

I've said too much, haven't I.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Yes; I begin to become concerned. Good day, forever.
    *exits hurriedly*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    If only this guy had read your prediction: -

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...get-a-refund-D

/S
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Well, I got a copy of this and have been playing quite a bit of it. It may be considered damning with faint praise, but it's actually not that bad of a game. It's pretty good, in fact.

Granted, they kind of had to break the forth wall to get some of the elements of the game to work, but I can look past that to enjoy what is there.

The comical forth wall busting happened when I completed the story of the first planet as a trooper and had my lieutenant busted to sergeant and put under my control... the trouble was that when I got to the space station there were a million of the guy now running around with their commanders. There may have been some mechanism to wind up with a different underling, but I am playing through as a goody two-shoes super trooper and always answer every question as super friendly as I can.

Also, after about a million years of playing MMORPGs I have finally solidified my overarching theory that if you ever want to win in PVP you need to play for the bad guys. Whether it's SWTOR, WOW, WH, COH or whatever, for some reason the PVP minded people gravitate to the dark side. It's probably because, deep in their soul, they are really bad people.

Anyway, this game is actually quite a bit of fun and isn't YET the abysmal grind that other MMORPGs have been. The focus on less missions, more reward to move the story along was a good one. The spoken cinematic quests give your character a lot more depth... even though some of the answer choices seem too narrowly focused for my tastes and it is all too easy to click the wrong response and completely blow a cohesive narrative.

For example, at one point on Cordoba I was caught in a feud between the "True Republic" and some crooked senator. I decided to side with the True Republic over the crooked senate, and forced one senator to out herself for siding with a crime syndicate to get money to "save the poor" or some such, and then wen to the second crooked senator to coerce them into giving up the goods on a crooked land deal and clicked the wrong button and had no choice but to become an accomplice and feed the True Republic bogus documents.

I'm the Sith's best friend.

My only other knock so far is that some of the team skills are not well defined in the game itself, making proper selection rather difficult without going to a third party walkthrough. As such I just took scavenging and armor and weapons smithing and crossed my finders that the smithing in this game isn't the worthless time sink it is in every other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jryan View Post
    Also, after about a million years of playing MMORPGs I have finally solidified my overarching theory that if you ever want to win in PVP you need to play for the bad guys. Whether it's SWTOR, WOW, WH, COH or whatever, for some reason the PVP minded people gravitate to the dark side. It's probably because, deep in their soul, they are really bad people.
    What.

/10char
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

What.

/10char

It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jryan View Post
    It's a joke.
    Can I assume the rest of the post is, too?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I just don't see myself spending time with this game. WoW has essentially killed the genre for me since every other developer largely copies the game's core concepts when they go for their piece of the MMO pie. I'm tired of the trinity of roles, failed talent trees, boss mechanics where you say, "How cute, this is the part where we stack. Ahhhh, adds are coming. Adorable!" I keep hoping for gameplay mechanics to improve, but it hasn't happened, and as such I'm back to playing single-player games in search of fun. From everything I've seen and heard about TOR, it doesn't seem the game that will shake this cynicism from me.

Can I assume the rest of the post is, too?
    Personally I don't go for that kind of black and white interpretation of other peoples writing, but if it keeps you from getting upset then I say go for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Well I can't speak about ToR, WH, CoH and all those others, but until the introduction of Blood Elves, Horde was pretty dominant in PvP. Save for a few specific servers, and later on BattleGroups, even in world PvP, despite lower population on horde side, we used to be the victors.

*Sigh* Those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Well I can't speak about ToR, WH, CoH and all those others, but until the introduction of Blood Elves, Horde was pretty dominant in PvP. Save for a few specific servers, and later on BattleGroups, even in world PvP, despite lower population on horde side, we used to be the victors.

*Sigh* Those were the days...
    I'd argue that it's the lower population that did it for the Horde (to say nothing of preferable racials). What wins PvP is teamwork, and considering the BG population is held steady, pulling from a smaller pool allows more experience per player (with the same teammates, too).

Meanwhile, the Alliance got all the mouthbreathers who based their decisions on conventionally pretty toons.
    Last edited by Nalano; 27-12-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd argue that it's the lower population that did it for the Horde (to say nothing of preferable racials). What wins PvP is teamwork, and considering the BG population is held steady, pulling from a smaller pool allows more experience per player (with the same teammates, too).

Meanwhile, the Alliance got all the mouthbreathers who based their decisions on conventionally pretty toons.
    Excuse me. I'm a mouth breather and I based my decisions on being able to play a troll, and your generalisation that all mouth breathers just want to play conventionally pretty races is grossly offensive. Some of us want to play as races you can give huge tusks to.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Excuse me. I'm a mouth breather and I based my decisions on being able to play a troll, and your generalisation that all mouth breathers just want to play conventionally pretty races is grossly offensive. Some of us want to play as races you can give huge tusks to.
    And before the belfs came 'round, the troll women were considered the prettiest hordies.

Not that it matters, 'cause I'm a flaming hypocrite. :D
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Eh, I always found the undead ladies more arousing *sound of floodgates opening; it eerily resembles someone shouting "necrophiliac!! pervert!!"*