Results 101 to 115 of 115
Thread: 2012 game predictions
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM #101
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
Brothers in Arms: Furious 4: Devs so embarrassed that they cancel it, seeing that Borderlands 2 is coming out anyway, and that is what they were trying to copy.
Hitman: Absolution: A critical failure, for its small, linear levels and minimal social stealth. IO Interactive start selling costume DLC. A "Basque, Stockings & Suspenders" costume that makes you bullet-proof and allows you into any area without arousing suspicion is their top-seller.
Thief 4: Critical acclaim, not much in the way of sales.
XCOM: A huge commercial hit, once they put in a character creator, allow for the PC being of either gender, and stick in a (potentially lesbian) love-interest in the game. And call the PC "Commander Shepherd".
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM #102
No Monaco, no Witness, no Scrolls, no Owlboy or Iconoclasts references? shame on you guys.
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM #103
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM #104
01-12-2011, 07:33 PM #105
Here's a fresh one: Obsidian's South Park RPG will suck because they're not writing it.
01-12-2011, 07:54 PM #106
01-12-2011, 10:06 PM #107
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM #108
The Smurfs inevitable movie tie-in game is amazingly good, breaks down walls between casual and hardcore players, breaks sales records, and re-defines games.
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM #109
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
What's your plan about GTA v ?
"I recently learned something quite interesting about video games. Many young people have developed incredible hand, eye, and brain coordination in playing these games. The air force believes these kids will be our outstanding pilots should they fly our jets."
Last edited by xxx; 10-12-2011 at 04:44 PM.
10-12-2011, 05:37 AM #110
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Washington, DC
STALKER 2 assets released to community, modders around the world realize their entire lives have been leading up to this and unite in the common goal of finishing what the world will hail as the pinnacle of gaming.
10-12-2011, 05:38 AM #111
10-12-2011, 05:43 AM #112
10-12-2011, 07:46 AM #113
10-12-2011, 10:29 AM #114
Bioshock Infinite - Will probably be delayed to 2013, if not then it comes out late next year to wide critical acclaim. Undeserved backlash follows.
CS:GO - released with moderate success, further divides the CS community, fails to become a e-sport game (not if Valve does a big tourney).
Dota 2 - Will be huge, converting a bunch of HoN/LoL players. But remains newb unfriendly.
Valve will announce a new IP, or maybe even HL3 (albeit doubtful).
ME3 - Will be very well received obviously, but not as well as ME2.
Max Payne 3 - Will probably turn out to be the best single-player shooter of 2012.
Hawken - Will definitely turn out to be the best multiplayer shooter of 2012.
GTA 5 - Release date will be fall/winter of 2012 and it will come out on time!
Diablo 3 - Gets pirated despite the always online crap, becomes the most pirated game of all time.
10-12-2011, 09:06 PM #115
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Doom 4 will be delayed: Id will say they are working on a better story and have upgraded there reference dvds of porn storyline from the 80s to more modern ones.
- EVE online will lose a lot of subscribers due to there summer content update not actually having any content ( it will be a 2 gig file that eve dosnt use, it is just to make people think they have downloaded something worthwhile and in reality all the devs are working on a ps3 game before the ps3 is off the market) later in the year CCP announces that eve will go free to play.
- x rebirth will be very successful and everyone jumps on-board the spacey bandwagon, Relic announce they are working on Homeworld 3 and will be released next year. Activison realise they no longer have the homeworld IP and sue THQ so they can also release a Homeworld game.
- Valve announce they have no news on Half life 3 and have no plans for it. Valve announces a spacey game to be released sometime this millennium.
- Battlefield 3 stand alone expansion pack sells even more than battlefield 3 and call of duty loses a lot of sales due to activision milking there customers dry. Activision attacks ea saying Battlefield 3 is call of duty and ea must hand over the ip.
- On live is a success but hackers figure out a way to make the tec free letting everyone and there dog play games from there pc on there mobile.