Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I honestly don't want to play any more FS without any grenades/rocket unless it's pure shotgun. Too many campers and camping is too effective .
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    A league that was something other than Extermination could be interesting.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 08-01-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, first an explanation.
    After the first three days of this season, I set out to provide commentary videos on all the matches so far. I went as far as watching and recording the commentary on all of these. I stuck them together into a video that was alarmingly long, and set about trying to render it. The rendering never worked. Today, I've gone back to those existing recordings and cobbled them together to form a quick "highlights" reel, to act as a proof of concept for next season. If anybody would like to join me on the commentary team, it would be much appreciated, although one of the planned changes for next season is to cut down on how long each match lasts - adding more people will make that even harder.

Anyway, go the Rock Paper Synapse Show site here

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Nice work there CMaster.

I had other things on my mind during seasons 4 and 5, but now things are settled down again I'll be adding the matches from season 6 to the RPSyn Youtube channel - I might even go back and add the missing seasons too. If there's anything I can do to help with the Show I'd be happy to muck in.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

That's very good! We've had some commentary this season from Ayam too, so if he's interested perhaps the two of you (plus anyone else who fancies it) could divide up season 6. It would be fantastic if we could manage to get commentary for every game, though that might be a tall order without an army of commentators - do any of you want to give it a shot?

Perhaps we could get the commented videos on (or linked from; I have no idea how this internet contraption works) the Youtube channel along with Col's videos?
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 08-01-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    One possibility: Youtube's Audio Swap means a comment track could be combined with the existing audio and added to the video fairly easily.

[e] On second thoughts, that wouldn't work very well - you'd have to talk really fast. But I'm happy to link to any videos from the channel so they can all be found in one place.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 08-01-2012 at 04:06 AM.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Network Hub
    Nice work CMaster (although I kept going to hit space to see what would happen)!
    It's interesting hearing someone else's perspective on what you've done in a match - what they think you're doing vs what you think you're doing :)

If I can figure out how to record etc, I might be up for some commenting too.

I think it's worth firing this along to the RPS guys too - might be able to ring up some more contenders for season 6.

Network Hub
    What are you guys using to record and edit your footage?

I doubt many others are still reading this thread, but is holding the 'V' key something like what you mean by 'player's specific vision', Pirate?

If you hold it with a player selected, it allows you to move the pointer round and see exactly which bits of the level you can see with that guy.

Activated Node
    nice didnt know that

In case anyone's bookmarked this thread, sign-ups for season 6 are now open and the thread is here.

That was a nice video, CMaster, especially the final game had a funky conclusion. Quite liked the backing music, too, deep instrumentals add so much to videos about conflict. I do wonder if rockets can actually hit soldiers and blow up, watching that final game. It's nice to have a pure highlights of the league video because that's a lot of games to watch individually. Might be an idea to tackle a video of highlighted moments of the league rather than full games, too.

Edit: Also looking at CMaster's credits, I forgot to thank WombatDeath for the organisation of the whole league, nice one to you.

Network Hub
    Ayam, rockets most definitely do not hit soldiers :)
    And that final explosion was the 2nd most satisfying moment in season 5 for me (the best was my wipeout of echodb, also in the video - he's a great player, just had a rough game then)!

CMaster and I were online at the same time, and we both were sure it would be a draw - he was just a millimetre too close to the wall :D