Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

Rock, Paper, Brink

QuantaCat: I am reviving this thread, since I am the Social person here and I am planning a nice brink session. We might have one or some of the splash damage devs around, so if youve ever considered trying it, Ill keep everyone posted on deals and the actual game night.

Since its got a free weekend and is totally cheap and great I think its time for some of use who might have bought it before or are going to buy it maybe to start teaming up and playing this game. I know RPS had an official server so I'm not to sure if thats still running or if someone wants to make a server themselves. Either that or we will pick a server we can all play this free weekend and have some fun.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 06-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    As someone who is not put off by the haters but is not sold on it either can you sell it to me.

Q: Why would I rather play this over battlefield 2/bc2/3, cod 4(and sequels) or team fortress 2?

Know that I'm a bit of fiend for personal and complicated shooters like the versus mode of splinter cell chaos theory, hidden source(not that complicated I admit),project reality (not that personal), mechwarrior living legends and natural selection.

Sell it to me.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Interested, just got it, not played it, ready to play tonight!
    Last edited by lamellama; 03-12-2011 at 09:47 PM.

I am reviving this thread, since I am the Social person here and I am planning a nice brink session. We might have one or some of the splash damage devs around, so if youve ever considered trying it, Ill keep everyone posted on deals and the actual game night.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I actually quiet enjoyed the game (probably because I didn't really experience any bugs) and would be glad to jump back in for the fun of it.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

I only played during one of those free weekends but loved every second of it.

Network Hub
    Yeah I really loved the mechanics of the game and am a little sad it died fairly early on. I would be game for a session at some point.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community. Admin.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey

I'm up. I got the game yesterday for 4€. I always wanted to try it out but never got around to it.

Where did you get it? Been looking for a cheap online store, but no luck so far, most places keep selling it for over 20€.

Just search for "Brink key" on google. I got mine from gamemafiapro for 4.49 €. They sound dodgy but are very responsive and the key works like a charm.

So... How about a game? Maybe Saturday night?

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Just search for "Brink key" on google. I got mine from gamemafiapro for 4.49 €. They sound dodgy but are very responsive and the key works like a charm.

So... How about a game? Maybe Saturday night?
    Well feel free to do a thing but Ill probably host what I was talking about in 2 weeks.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I just found a physical copy of Brink that my brother had given me, been looking to try it out, mind if i join you guys?

Activated Node
    I'd love to join. I have fond memories playing with bots...

The more the merrier.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Wow going into this was weird where you compltly edited my post...I don't remember posting that lol :p

Anyway I would love to join since I feel Brink is a great game and I really don't think I got my moneys worth with the game since it died so soon...Do you know any servers that have pretty good players still?

well for my purposes, Ill probably get a server set up, as for working servers, no clue, sadly. Ive mainly played singleplayer or coop against bots the last few years.
    - Tom De Roeck.

OK! Going to get a server soon, however, I cant afford to pay for it all by myself right now, and the minimum for a 10 player server is 10$, and it would be a private one (ie. not findable by server browser, but only direct connect.)

I still have 1.98$ left from ordering the UT server half a year ago, so were still 8.02 out. Also, to make things "worse", you can only put in 5$ minimum.

So as soon as two players contribute, we can get this party on the road. If you think this idea is shit, well then, Ill have to rely on someone else to get a server.

http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?...8e627f6301c4ce

cheers.
    - Tom De Roeck.

When were you planning on playing (roughly)?

Thats up for discussion, but 2 dates a week where anyone can team up seemed to work well, you only need 3 players per team, less if you use the bots.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Actually, we could just take the previous BF3 dates and use them for brink, ie. Tuesdays and Fridays. Then possibly weekends if anyone is up for it, but thats spontaneous.

Everyone for?
    - Tom De Roeck.