Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    I see. That raises another question: Why in the world don't I have it on GOG? I tried to redeem the key I got but it didn't work. Did you get your key in the beta access e-mail as well?

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    I think I didn't have beta access... check the Humble key resender!

The GOG key expired a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    This is awesome news, but I'm not really that stoked for new weapons and "mechanics". I just want a big huge free-roaming campaign map with more of a roleplaying element than the current "outrun the baddies" scenario. From what I read about this, it seems like they are sticking to the standard campaign and just adding new features on top of it, which is still nice, but I would like to see FTL:s basic gameplay applied to a more open world-type experience.

EDIT: Basically I want to play Freelancer in the FTL engine.
    I'm going to guess that such a thing would be a proper sequel, whereas this expansion seems very much like it's aimed at reigniting interest amongst the original game owners to generate publicity of the (paid) iPad version and also remind PC owners to purchase it again for their iPads.

Of course, if that was the case then I'd expect them to launch it on iPad shortly before PC so that any PC owners desperate to play it would HAVE to buy the iOS version if they wanted launch day access.

All of the above is because I'm a cynic and can't quite understand why they wouldn't be charging for this update from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Themadcow View Post
    All of the above is because I'm a cynic and can't quite understand why they wouldn't be charging for this update from the start.
    Because for a small indie studio such as them, building up good will is worth at least as much as whatever money they could get. Putting this up for free is an investment.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 13-11-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Because for a small indie studio such as them, building up good will is worth at least as much as whatever money they could get. Puting this up for free is an investment.
    Also, once the iPad version hits, they are guaranteed to swim in money anyway.

I hope they run out of drugs faster this time, could use FTL 2.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

Well... that's unfortunate.

Sorry, man.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WTB Android version.

Blizzard trolled the audiance at the opening ceremony when they annouced an iPhone version of Hearthstone on top of the iPad version... then they showed an Android robot. The Humble Bundle Androids are great.

Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    Also, once the iPad version hits, they are guaranteed to swim in money anyway.

I hope they run out of drugs faster this time, could use FTL 2.
    One thing I found interesting was that the well received tactical game Frozen Synapse only falls into the 1,000+ downloads category on the Google Play store. I know FTL is a far better known title but I wonder if paid games actually sell all that well on mobile devices if they're not massive brands already?

Activated Node
    One thing I found interesting was that the well received tactical game Frozen Synapse only falls into the 1,000+ downloads category on the Google Play store. I know FTL is a far better known title but I wonder if paid games actually sell all that well on mobile devices if they're not massive brands already?
    "Mobile devices" is a pretty wide net considering how rampant piracy is on Android vs. iOS. It obviously exists on the latter, but the process is considerably more complicated. Android App + Premium Price Tag probably results in massive piracy relative to iOS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Also keep in mind that Frozen Synapse has a lot of its "mobile sales" cannibalized by the various humble bundles. I know I have my copy through the Humble Android APp
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

GOG has absolutely stellar customer support. Tell them your tale and send them the expired key, maybe they can help.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    GOG has absolutely stellar customer support. Tell them your tale and send them the expired key, maybe they can help.
    Yeah, I'd be shocked if they didn't issue you a new code.

They didn't. FTL devs couldn't either, they're saying GOG is notoriously frugal with their keys.

FTL Advanced Edition dated 3rd April on PC and Ipad, confirmed by Cardboard Delusions over on the Penny Arcade forums (he's a mate of the developers).

BOOYAAAAAH!!!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, it's all over the very very excellent pockettactics.com (<<< read this site - it's excellent) - I can't decide, in my head, if iPad FTL will be better or worse but I'll be leaping-in to find out ;0

PC version owners will get the 'extras' which have been done for this release free-of-charge as soon as they get around to doing it too.

iOS version is now live (not that I own any i-Devices) so hopefully Steam is imminent.

Bye bye weekend.

iOS version is now live (not that I own any i-Devices) so hopefully Steam is imminent.

Bye bye weekend.
    What do you mean, "weekend"?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Bye bye weekend.
    It hadn't arrived a few hours ago but it's here now!

Oh damn. Tonight is the last night I see my wife and kids for 2 weeks... think they'll mind if I ignore them to play FTL? It is only 2 weeks after all and I've been waiting over 6 months for FTL Advanced.