Network Hub

Whoa, what? FlatOut 3? Where did this come from?

So I was just checking the upcoming games on Steam and what do I see?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201510/

Yes, a new FlatOut game coming out of the blue, set to be released in a week. This is being developed by Team6, whose portfolio is... less than impressive, to put it mildly. Anyway the first 2 FlatOut were really good but honestly I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I also doubt it'll sell much, what with it getting zero publicity and all

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Oh, awesome. I'll wait for a price drop, reviews, information, etc., but that does interest me somewhat as FlatOut is great for a little bit of dicking around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    It looks exactly like the previous FlatOuts. And the cars don't appear to crumple like you'd expect them to - it's as if their chassis are made with some super-hard substance. Color me cautiously cautious.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

They're not showing much in the way of environmental destruction. In a proper FlatOut game, when you finish the race, the track should look like it's been torn up by a bagger. In a hurricane.

Oh wait, team 6 the dudes who made "shangai street racing" or some shit like that ?
    Oh god, how the hell did they end up with the flatout ip in their hands ?
    The incredibly generic subtitle "Chaos & Destruction" doesn't inspire much confidence either and it's hard to judge anything from the videos, except that they use their crappy motion blur filter way too much.
    Last edited by mr.doo; 07-12-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Obscure Node
    the production value doesn't look too good

Activated Node
    Will it at least have more than your 7 competitor racers this time? If I see another Sofia martinez again I'm gonna ram her off the road as soon as the race starts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Holy hell, the music's pretty good. Did you notice the weapons? I'm pretty sure there were some... faecal weapons.

Mind you, once you've heard this, games really can't surprise you too much with scatological humour...