Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Activated Node

Your adventures in BF 3 ?

Game is so grate and you can do so many things in it, but there are also things that happen to you even if you do your best to avoid them, and other times your doing your best to do something just to get killed at the last second!

Am I right ?

Newest video, Perablenta's Adventures in Battlefield 3 Episode 7, with Duke Nukem as the commentator :

Here is what I am talking about :

Last edited by perafilozof; 19-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Nice video! I always end up dying right as I start to cook off a grenade, and half the time the guy will run over to me to gloat and eat it in the face.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Nice video! I always end up dying right as I start to cook off a grenade, and half the time the guy will run over to me to gloat and eat it in the face.
    Haha, I know what you mean, happend to me to, so many times.

I have more videos, will post when I get around to uploading them.

My latest adventure has been the quest to figure out why the new Nvidia drivers have tripled my loading times and the puzzle of why the new patch for the game makes Punkbuster think I'm cheating.

But cool video.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    My latest adventure has been the quest to figure out why the new Nvidia drivers have tripled my loading times and the puzzle of why the new patch for the game makes Punkbuster think I'm cheating.

But cool video.
    Yeah, I have much longer loading's now to. Not sure why, I have updated the nVidia drivers, but also done 100 other things...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    So if I pick this up after Christmas how pissed off am I going to be that everyone is level 50 and I'm level victim.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So if I pick this up after Christmas how pissed off am I going to be that everyone is level 50 and I'm level victim.
    I dont think you will be, most servers i have seen still have low level players.

The starting guns, still have enough stopping power to make kills. I actually find that not playing on hardcore servers makes it more difficult, as everyone seems to be able to eat an entire clip before keeling over.
    illiteratereviews.com Some badly written reviews, by me, and anyone else who wants to.

Activated Node
    well the biggest advantage from having all of the unlocks, the IRNV scope has just been nerfed to oblivion, so it probably wont be that bad. The engineer and assault classes have got good guns as early unlocks. Each weapon has it's own upgrades too, but once you have 50 kills with a weapon you'll have pretty much all the best stuff anyway.

All of these unlocks in an FPS grate on me a little bit, but it looks like they are here to stay. The biggest difference is still going to be the fact that you are new to the game. Even though I got on board on day 1 before anyone had any unlocks, I was still like a rabbit in the headlights against anyone who had played the beta. The scope of the game is massive, and maps are pretty hectic and confusing as a result especially when you start out.

And quickly steering back on topic, my most memeorable adventures have been moments of inspiration quickly followed by moments of abject stupidity. Like yesterday when I rushed and killed an entire squad who were holed up in a building, followed by quickly jumping out of the window while still low on health resulting in my death. Or pulling a dramatic manoeuvre in the heli after a bombing run that steers me and my gunner out of danger against the odds, only to fly into a tree 10 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by illiterate View Post
    I dont think you will be, most servers i have seen still have low level players.

The starting guns, still have enough stopping power to make kills. I actually find that not playing on hardcore servers makes it more difficult, as everyone seems to be able to eat an entire clip before keeling over.
    Dunno, I've played it a fair whack and I'd have to say the balance is definately in the favour of higher level players, although it depends on the kit...

Recon -> The later sniper rifles seem to be way more effective (I've not played much of this).
    Support -> Pecheng and M60 are beasts but the M249 is also very good and an early unlock.
    Assault -> Probably the most balanced, you can do well with the starter M16.
    Engineer -> Everyone wants the G36 apparently (I've barely touched this class).

All kits (shotguns) -> Later shotguns (USAS!) outclass the earlier ones by a huge degree, although the second shotgun unlock is pretty good.
    All kits (SMGs) -> Worthless!

Top tip: Farm out the coop mode and get all the coop unlocks ASAP. There are some nice weapons to be had there (I like the G3A3 on the assault).

Top tip 2: Slap a flashlight on everything. :P

Vehicles appear to be the most unbalanced of all, the unlocks for those give a huge advantage over those without.

All personal opinion of course.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Setroc View Post
    And quickly steering back on topic, my most memeorable adventures have been moments of inspiration quickly followed by moments of abject stupidity. Like yesterday when I rushed and killed an entire squad who were holed up in a building, followed by quickly jumping out of the window while still low on health resulting in my death. Or pulling a dramatic manoeuvre in the heli after a bombing run that steers me and my gunner out of danger against the odds, only to fly into a tree 10 seconds later.
    hahah nice, I got more on the way and one of those I think your going to like!

Network Hub
    My 'adventures' usually amount to taking heavy damage in my chopper, managing a rough landing... outside the map boundaries.

Activated Node
    New episode of Perablenta's Adventures is here :

Activated Node
    3rd Episode is here :

Occuping a building with your teammates is even more awesome with MMGs with bipods. Just swiveling your machine gun around, looking through the scope, mowing down people, has a very WW2-filmy feel to it. Can't wait for Back to Karkand, which has even more urban combat.

I don't normally post videos or even watch them, but this blew my mind:
    http://youtu.be/FOaGhE_sejI

Network Hub
    That's hilarious!!

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    I don't normally post videos or even watch them, but this blew my mind:
    http://youtu.be/FOaGhE_sejI
    Epic. 10/char
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    On the subject of unlocks: the higher level players do have access to better weapons in some cases, but if you invest a lot of time into a single weapon and acquire enough unlocks (which isn't super hard) you can somewhat level the playing field. You eventually find weapons that you continually use (I love any of the PDW weapons, I suck with assault rifles) and stick with them.

The real problem with unlocks comes from vehicles, specifically aircraft. Don't even think about flying without unlocking IR Flares; prior to the Stinger buff you'd be shot out of the sky within seconds, now you're lucky to take off safely. It's far worse for slow-moving craft like helicopters. You can get away with playing around in tanks because few people seem to use laser guided bombs and the Recon SOFLAM kit, but in aircraft it's ridiculous that you don't even have basic defence from the start. Racking up the 500 or so points only requires a few kills (4 to 5 infantry, probably less for vehicles) and isn't hard to accomplish by default, but since you can't do anything about missiles except try to break the lock when the AA weapon is still aiming for you, you're not going to be able to do that. Get friends, find an empty server with a 4 player start (or 2 player) and just get points until you get flares.

@soldant: Very true about the jets - ridiculous that you don't have flares to start with. You're basicly a sitting duck against anyone with heat seekers ...

Why everybody loves the F2000 weapon so much as an assault class is beyond me. It's one inacurrate recoilish POS, imho. Too bad the IRNV scope got nerved, got me a lot of kills :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    I still don't have the F2000 :(, but I love the PP-2000 and UMP! Dunno why but I just seem to do better with the PDWs than assault rifles.