An (driver) update manager to make my life even lazier?

I know there are a lot of programs that scan your pc and look for out-of-date drivers etc, but usually they are either not allowing to actually download said drivers or place a lot of spamware on your PC.

So, my question to everyone here: Any of you use a driver update program (for example driveragent) and are content with it? And I'm actually (capitalism ho!) willing to spend some money, but more in the 10 Euro max. range then a 50 Euro or more range. Any suggestions? Or bad experiences you'd like to share?
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Used one for awhile but didn't think much of it (this was a couple of years ago so unfortunately I don't recall the name).

Fact of the matter is drivers generally don't come out that often for anything other than graphics cards and those are easy enough to keep track of. I only used the driver manager because I needed drivers for a piece of hardware that I didn't know the model number etc. for... They're useful in such cases as they can give you that information (instead of just 'Unknown device' in Windows) but outside of that probably overkill and not worth the money...

The only other piece of advice I can give is that it pays off to have the manufacturer's download page for your motherboard bookmarked... Chipset drivers and BIOS are worth keeping track of and they'll generally have drivers for any other built-in components but TBH if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thank FuriKuri!

Well, I agree with the "uselessness" of such programs. And I probably don't need an update manager at all, but it's lazy convenience speaking about here ;). But then again, I've built my own computer, so I know exactly what parts are inside the case. So............. while writing this, I think I can safely say that I don't need an update manager after all :).
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Activated Node
    DriverMax is a program that fits the bill. I don't really like it, but that may be because i still have the free version and it keeps limiting me/asking me to pay. Not suer how much the payed version is but you could try it for free and see if you like it.

http://download.cnet.com/DriverMax/3...-10572602.html

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriKuri! View Post
    Chipset drivers and BIOS are worth keeping track of and they'll generally have drivers for any other built-in components but TBH if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Strongly agree with this ^ ^ Updating graphic drivers alone isn't worth a separate process and the risk of it causing more problems. ATI's vision control center does this for you (free with driver bundle) and I presume Nvidia has something similar packaged with their software tools as well.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.