Hybrid View

Obscure Node

My headset mic is suddenly really quiet.

Okay, so I got this Logitech headset for free from my high school. I thought that I could use it for voice acting. Well it worked fine. Yesterday I was doing some more voice acting and I noticed that Audacity wasn't picking up my voice unless I put the mic almost inside my mouth, and even then my voice was too quiet. I tried increasing the sound levels, but that just put a ton of white noise in the background which obscured my slightly-less-quiet-but-not-by-much voice. I have another headset and the mic works fine, but I don't want to use that one since it's of a much lower quality. Windows says that the best driver software for my mic is already installed. The headphones work fine, but the mic doesn't. Can someone help me out here? I'm using onboard sound by the way (couldn't afford a sound card at the time of building my PC). I really don't want to revert back to my old mic. Besides I need this headset for foreign language class as well so I can record sentences for my teacher. My sister has a headset as well so I'm going to see if that one will work.

have you tried the headset in another comp?

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    have you tried the headset in another comp?
    This - then you know if it's something you can fix on your PC or you can start taking the headset apart in a slightly less then futile attempt at fixing it (no disrespect, most stuff isn't designed to be fixed any more, merely replaced).
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Obscure Node
    Hmm.. tried the "Mic Boost" option?

Are you perhaps wispering? What version of Windows are we talking about here?

Maybe try uninstalling the drivers and installing them again.

Obscure Node
    I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit. I'm not whispering. I'll dry uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and see if that works.

Obscure Node
    Tried it on my mom's laptop and it didn't play any sound at all. I'm gonna try fixing it.