Activated Node

Desperately in need of cat sitter this Christmas (London)

Hello!

Are you someone who will be staying in (or near) London over Christmas who also wouldn't mind the company of a very awesome cat for a while? I'm getting pretty desperate as I'm going away on holiday and haven't managed to find a sitter. The cattery won't have him since he hasn't been vaccinated. Halp.

I suppose it's a bit awkward to post it here, but I've had no luck on Twitter and my friends (who normally looks after him) are leaving town as well. You seem like a good bunch, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

The cattery would've cost me about 50, so you can have that and a hug if you're able to look after Bruno from 23. December to 02. January. I'll drop him off, collect him and bring everything he needs. I don't mind travelling for a couple of hours if I have to.

He can mostly entertain himself and is pretty low maintenance, so the only thing you would have to do is feed him and scoop his poo once a day (please don't lock him up and go on your own holiday). Also make sure he doesn't go outside, that there's no poisonous stuff around that he can eat and make sure you know where your nearest vet is in case of emergency. That's about it.

Do get in touch if you're able to help me out. I know there are "professional" cat sitters, but I'd rather not leave the keys to my flat with a total stranger. I also don't think he'd go well with other cats; he seems to prefer dogs.

Please don't do it for the money (or the hug) if you actually hate cats.

Get in touch on PM or siri@strongmangames.co.uk and we'll discuss the details. You're more than welcome to pop over for a beer next week (SE15) if you'd like to meet him first.

Here's a pic:

You perhaps could have gone for a picture where he looks less like he despises you. :D

Also: "(please don't lock him up and go on your own holiday)."

"How's Bruno?"
    "Eh? Oh..... er............ heh, well this is kinda awkward..."

Is the problem with getting him his jabs a cost issue or just finding the time to get it done/booked in?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Activated Node
    Ian:
    Someone told me "Your cat looks like the spawn of satan." I guess he just can't help it. :/

How about this one, then?

The problem with jabs is he should have had a booster long ago and I totally forgot. That means he'll need to be vaccinated and then have another booster after about 3 weeks for it to be fully effective (at least that's what the vet told me), and there's obviously not enough time for that right now. Will definitely get that done in January.

I was actually going to spend Christmas at home, but the trip is a Christmas present from my mother-in-law and it all happened sort of fast and I've had a lot to do at work and not a lot of time to think about practicalities and GAAAH! I'm a bit fucked now.

OK, just a few more ...

If you could bring him up to Scotland I'd take care of him. He's a handsome devil.

I'd help but I'm away myself. It's probably for the best. Based on these photos, I'd be tempted to keep him.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Great looking cat (=

(sorry, wrong continent)
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Activated Node
    Thanks!

Jams: That's like ... a 5 hour train ride from London? A bit too far, I'm afraid. :/ Thanks for offering, though!

Yeah, I knew that wouldn't work out. I just wanted to compliment your cat.

Activated Node
    Aaw, thank you. A brief road trip to Scotland wouldn't be too bad if I actually had my own car. Or a license. :/

Trying to contact old neighbours now; got a back-up solution if everything else fails -- it's just not the best. Don't worry, I'm not going to fill the tub with biscuits and lock him up in the bathroom. Not at all.

Of course you'd have a much easier time organising a cat-sitter if you had a Bonsai Kitten.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Insert some joke about Alf looking for a holiday job here.
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

I'd help you out, if I were in London right now. Lovely cat.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    LOL

I'd totally do it, alas I am American.

If all else fails, though, there are electronic food dispensers you can buy that drop a bit of food at a certain time each day. Of course, I've always wondered what happens if the electricity goes out or the batteries die.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    I used to travel a lot for work, and when I couldn't get a friend to visit the apartment I'd make a 2nd litter pan beside the first, and put down an enormous mixing bowl of food / water. My cats don't get "fed" normally (they have a constant bowl available) so they don't binge eat, and it works out ok for 2 week jaunts.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.