Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Network Hub Gentleman Jim Stacey's Avatar
    Simine Fralinie's bookshop, east Canalworks, Vivec
    Love Ret's multiplayer

I'm occupied with other games now but I haven't "given up" on it.

I play Chaos and either Chaos Lord or Plague Champ.

TLS bores me to death.

I played the single player campaigns of vanilla DoW II and Chaos Rising, and dabbled in their multiplayer, which I enjoyed quite a bit against bots. Never wandered online, though. But now, after months and months of playing StarCraft II, I feel like I just *can't* enjoy Retribution's multiplayer, no matter how hard I try. The pace is so much slower, and I can't get over how smaller stuff like sync kills, kinda-sorta random cover (a unit rarely goes exactly where I want it to), and the way the game works just doesn't mesh with me after the crisp, clean feeling of SC2's multiplayer.

I put in 220 plus steam hours in DoW 2 + Chaos Rising. I'm not sure how that would brake down in terms of Last Stand, Single player and Multiplayer but I'd suspect pretty evenly. Retribution I was hoping would be my real break into the multiplayer but it just didn't happen. I clocked about 55 steam hours on that title.

I have always played an Ork Warboss. Disparaging any mention of balance or whine and just enjoying that team because Orks are win and the Warboss epitomises that Smakkin Stuff aesthetic in a way that my sentences never will. The problem I have with DoW multiplayer, and you'll have to bear with me, is that it's mentally too much for me. I literally melt under the pressure of playing online. I don't know why, I can shoot people all day long in generic FPS. I can even play Frozen Synapse versus humans. But put me in the queue for a 1v1 and I get sweaty palms and adrenaline shakes. And it lasts for the entire half hour round.

You know a game is excellent when it's chemically and mentally too much for you to actually play the damn thing. I'd love to be routinely playing Retribution matches online and be an active player but I just can't damn deal with how it makes me feel.

(Plug): Heck I even made a set of Ork Icons back in Chaos Rising because I thought the standard ones were all way too similar (see Avatar... or... well this) (sadly the instructions are now out of date).

Edit: Steam usery fing is Measurements, more than welcome to add me and bug me for a game or last stand or anything else in our collective gameslist. Except Left 4 Dead 2.
    Last edited by measurements; 13-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The only RTS I've gone online with was CnC3, and even then...

Perhaps a group of us noob friendly, MP shy forumers should play a couple of games together (2vs2 at least, that way there's comfort in numbers...and someone to blame) and it can be an interesting lead in. Considering the amount of time till DoW3 hits (I was really hoping for Homeworld 3, but hey) got plenty of time to kill!

As it goes, was playing earlier with a level 20 Chaos Sorcerer, a level 4 Space Marine Captain and my 17 Farseer in Last Stand. I have now defeated the Bloodied Coliseum!
    Last edited by The JG Man; 14-07-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Corrected grievous, grievous typo and wrote wrong game.