Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Extraordinary Rock Paper Shotgun Christmas Capitalist Steam Trading Extravaganza

Ah, Christmas! The time of the year where we bribe people we can't stand so they leave us in peace for another 365 days.
    It's also the time of the year of excess gaming and with the current bundles (humble or not), 4-packs and gifted games most of us end up with a couple of them, so we just might trade them.

I think it's easiest if everyone just posts what he or she wants to offer and what he or she would like to have in return.

Okay, I'll just start then: I have two spare copies of Bunch of Heroes and I don't really want anything in particular.

PS: Let's just assume that most of us have already most of the Valve games.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    I have a 50% off Machinarium coupon, don't really want anything in return-I just want to spread the joy of this beautiful game!

I've got a copy of Half-Life and Portal, though I imagine everyone has them already.

I've also got a coupon for 50% off Gemini Rue, but since it's already 50% off and the coupon isn't valid until the sale's over it's kinda useless.

Edit: Probably a good idea to put my steam id here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/faradaycage/
    Last edited by mmiasmostati; 22-12-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Trying to stream-line things, I created a quick Google Doc accessible and editable by anone with THIS LINK.

A C:x% means a Coupon for x%.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Updated with my stuff.

Hey Darth, quite interested in your Monday Night Combat.

Can offer Coupons or Day of Defeat. :)
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Edited with my stuff

Good idea. I just got a coupon and would like to trade it against a game, so I added it :)
    Steam-Id inside.

It'd be nice if mister (or miss, or monster, or alien, or...) Anthile could update the OP with the link to the doc.

Updated with my stuff.

I was going to delurk on the Steam Trading forums to offer mine, but they're moving very fast and full of people who make me uncomfortable. So I'll delurk here with my offers. (Added to the doc.)

Activated Node
    Love the idea! updated as well.

Updated , thnx .

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    I was going to delurk on the Steam Trading forums to offer mine, but they're moving very fast and full of people who make me uncomfortable. So I'll delurk here with my offers. (Added to the doc.)
    Is the 33% off Footy Man 2012 useable during the sale, or after?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    Is the 33% off Footy Man 2012 useable during the sale, or after?
    Sadly, only after. None of the coupons granted as gifts are usable during the sale, they've all got the caveat "(Valid January 2nd, 2012 through March 1st, 2012)"

(And for the coupons for a broad selection of games, they have "Excludes titles released after January 2nd, 2012")
    Last edited by Shrike; 23-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Sadly, only after. None of the coupons granted as gifts are usable during the sale, they've all got the caveat "(Valid January 2nd, 2012 through March 1st, 2012)"

(And for the coupons for a broad selection of games, they have "Excludes titles released after January 2nd, 2012")
    Not quite, there are a few, strange, almost mythical "golden" coupons that are valid during the sale, and apparently they do stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Not quite, there are a few, strange, almost mythical "golden" coupons that are valid during the sale, and apparently they do stack.
    Aha, I did not know about those.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    I wonder if the coupons will be stackable if a game goes on sale after Jan 2nd. Like say if Worms Ultimate Mayhem goes on sale for 50% in a weekend deal and I apply my 50% coupon I could get it for real cheap-o.

Cheers to Spinoza for the coal, Day of Defeat is gone. Updated!

Hmm, we might as well just remove the Coupons - mind you, I'm still interested in Bethesda/Paradox Coupons. (Yes, I know Paradox titles are currently all on sale, but this being Christmas, I kinda maxed out my budget for now.)

Thread updated with my own entry, which I've removed a time or two due to not knowing what I wanted out of a trade. My apologies about that, I'll keep it up there this time.