Threaded View

PC Gaming Centre (MEDIUM/LIGHT) - As Cheap As Can Be

I've been building my own rigs for editing/gaming recently, the most recent one cost about 650€ for a PC with 2x22" monitors (192x1080, of course)

But what about a "mediacenter gone ROGUE" ? Not too expensive, I assume one only needs a dualcore to be able to play games/movies well, as long as the graphicscard can hold up it's end of the bargain? must have HDMI, obviously.

But then again, lets not forget: fit it all into a shuttle-type case. ie. small, narrow, etc. Obviously a challenge for the current graphic-cards, due to most of them needing two slots. Suggestions, input, etc?

(ideally, pricewise, would be inside of 400€, as I do not need a TV or another monitor)

EDIT: ack, nevermind. I cant find a single dual core for sale anymore.

EDIT2: What the motherfuck. Eight cores for the same price as I bought the quad core cpu for two months ago?! Whats up with this AMD FX thing?
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 20-12-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."