Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Yea I agree completly with Jax. Right now it seems like it's all the carebears in high sec are raging, while all the PvPers are just laughing and going about their business blowing shit up. If you want to drop 70 bucks on a monocle - go for it. If you want to spend money and buy a nice shiney paint job for your ship thats awesome. We will make sure to primary you and blow it up first.

The only issue that can come of this is being able to buy SP, or buy things that will change game mechanics, or give players an advantage. This will ruin the game. I don't think CCP is that stupid though. Eve is an amazing game, but not everyone is cut out for it. I hope it stays that way.

Pretty much agree with the two above speakers' sentiments.

I have felt zero rage about these news. If they were to introduce micro transaction based purchases where you could get bonuses in PvP that other players didn't have access to, then I would perhaps be bothered. But at the moment it's just clothes.

Personally I feel like it comes down to, if you do not want to buy an expensive monocle, then don't buy it. The rage that has come from it seems to have come based on thin air. There has been no proper indication that this is indeed the future of EVE as many seem to suggest, so perhaps people could have waited to be upset until they released plans of this.

But CCP seem to have reacted so I guess it's not all bad. But like Jax and Kaahz have said, we pvp for the most part so it doesn't really affect us if someone wants their avatar to have some non-standard threads.

/BobHound

Hey there gents!

So I've never played EVE before, and now that I've finally got a truckload of free time, me and three chums are looking to give it a go. We therefore humbly request four 21-day trial keys so that we can decide whether we like the game and are willing to stick it; if so, we are yours to command, and will happily fly into battle in whatever rusty tin cans you deem us worthy of, to satisfy honour glory in the name of RPS.

Cheers,

- Frenz

Hello Frenz!

If you want to have a bash at it you can go ahead and pm me the e-mail addresses that you want attached to the accounts and I can buddy you up. Hope to see you in game soon!

/BobHound

Just played some more, after not playing after the first session. The more things I figured out, the more I got sucked in. I might actually have to sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Liqourish View Post
    Just played some more, after not playing after the first session. The more things I figured out, the more I got sucked in. I might actually have to sub.
    Well I hate to say I told you so..
    Unacosamedarisa: Egg, kiss me, you're beautiful.

Obscure Node
    Bob hoarding up all the buddy invites... lol.

Glad to see a bunch of new guys last night. And yea liquorish, the more you learn about the game the better it gets. It's unbelievably deep. I've been playing 6 months and have only scratched the surface.

Heh, they now allow you to choose if you want game time or PLEX and I chose PLEX. Figure if any of these fellas decide to play for reals we can donate the plex from the buddy invites to the corp so that people who face harsh financial times can ask to be donated some game time.

/Bob

Activated Node
    Hey guys!

I've been lurking RPS for so long I can't remember, and today I finally had a reason to register:

I want to be a killing machine so badly it hurts. You guys gotta help me with that. Is there room for a brazilian pilot?

I'll be doing the tutorials and when finished, I'll be back. So who must I request a buddy invite to, Hanban?

Cheers!

Hey,

Long-time lurker, first time forum poster here.
    What about old pilots? I played EVE for about a year from 2007-2008, haven't touched the game in over three years.
    Used to fly Covert Ops / Force Recon and was crosstraining for a Blasterboat when I quit. Plus the usual skills in Caldari BS etc.

So while my main has somewhere around 12-15M SP, for all I know - can't check without reactivating - I'm stuck somewhere out in nowhere, have no assets, no friends and my security rating is probably deep in the red from one too many lowsec capsule kill.

So, any chance of finding a new home? Do you require positive security or something?

Cheers,
    -- PoG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Those guys let anybody in. Bittervets, noobs, spais, incredibly inept and obvious spais, Captain Bread Face, anybody

Obscure Node
    Most of us are currently pirates ranging from -2 to -5 or less in security status so you're more than welcome dude.

Obscure Node
    Psycoma, you must request a buddy invite from me because Bob is a douche who's hooked too many people up already!

Maybe I'm being dense but with plexes and the like haven't you always been able to buy yourself an advantage? and by selling "gold ammo" and sp(well selling SP is different since there was no way to get it but time before) aren't they just adjusting the isk value of a PLEX, by creating a higher demand for plexes?
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    Maybe I'm being dense but with plexes and the like haven't you always been able to buy yourself an advantage?
    Yes, but not in the way that "Pay to Win" would allow.
    Most importantly PLEX trading doesn't undermine the player economy - You are buying ISK for real money, but only to the extend that other players are willing to make that trade with you. And the goods you buy with ISK have to be made by players and are subject to market rules, and anything you can do with ISK acquired through PLEX someone else can do with ISK acquired in-game.
    You cannot acquire goods in arbitrary amounts via PLEX trade, and since EVE has people that don't mind spending mid 6-digit USD figures on the game that is an important thing.
    Furthermore there would be the obvious thread of offering things via micropayments that are better than what is commonly available on the market. That's one of the big fears

Quote Originally Posted by The Player of Games View Post
    Yes, but not in the way that "Pay to Win" would allow.
    Most importantly PLEX trading doesn't undermine the player economy - You are buying ISK for real money, but only to the extend that other players are willing to make that trade with you. And the goods you buy with ISK have to be made by players and are subject to market rules, and anything you can do with ISK acquired through PLEX someone else can do with ISK acquired in-game.
    You cannot acquire goods in arbitrary amounts via PLEX trade, and since EVE has people that don't mind spending mid 6-digit USD figures on the game that is an important thing.
    Furthermore there would be the obvious thread of offering things via micropayments that are better than what is commonly available on the market. That's one of the big fears
    Aha, so that is it, there are no diminishing returns with the direct converion of rl money into goods rather than through the general ISK market and there is the damping effect of the time required to sell a PLEX so there is nothing that is an immediate boost without sacrificing a good deal of the value or overpaying to have something now.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Quote Originally Posted by imirk View Post
    Aha, so that is it, there are no diminishing returns with the direct converion of rl money into goods rather than through the general ISK market
    Yes. Furthermore it has always been CCP's policy to put more and more of the economy into the players' hands. Most prominently EVE's NPC merchants used to sell a lot more stuff than they do today, but this has been scaled back time after time to eliminate the last bastions of the NPC/CCP-run economy. Any cash-for-gameplay-items store would go into the exact opposite direction and completely reverse CCPs policy of making the economy as player-run as possible.

Also, as mentioned PLEX sales do not allow you to create ISK or goods out of thin air, you can only buy things already in circulation. This ensures market stability. If someone could buy goods (and thereby ISK) for RL currency at will, the sum of goods and ISK in the system could be increased at will, with potentially destabilizing effects.

Hope that explains a bit of the outrage.

Hey there,

I've been lurking and sporadically posting here for a while, and have been interested in playing EVE for years and years, but never had any way to 'break' in, or enough disposable income to subscribe. I'd like to get in with you guys, but before I waste your time I wonder if there would be any chance of you being on at a time when a Canadian might be awake/not at work or school. Are most of your players based out of the UK?

Hello Splynter!

As Kaahz will tell you we have a very active US TZ. So a Canadian in the mix should work out swell!

We just came back from a great roam with many of our new rookies. For my own part, it's been a long time since I've had this much fun. It's great to see the corp being able to go out on its own again!

So, like we've been spamming over and over, if you're new to the game (*nudge Splynter*) this is as good a time as any to join. We're currently in the process of tempering our rookies into spaceship superheroes so join in on the fun!

If you've never played EVE, you're welcome to join us and be cast into the pvp aspect of the game. If you've played a trial and thought it was a bit dreary to be out in space on your own, join us and feel the space shakes that come with EVE pvp!

/BobHound

I had a great time - Participated in two fights, tackled both targets only to be destroyed later on, podded too!