Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Darth, hoarr was trolling me when answering you, bud. Cheer up

He just takes any stab he can at Gara's Spaceship Revolution, which ended very badly but as all true revolutions should, worked wonders on paper.

Anyway we're also poaching, so consider tagging along. Don't be a renter or a pet, be a hero!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    After much research I would like to try EVE online. The idea of being able to leap into PVP soon is appealing, as well, so long as I have others at my back. (I hear it gets lonely out in the black otherwise.)

What would I need to do to get the invite? Should I get the client first, and create an account? Or do I need to wait and perform these actions after an invite?

Also, if we split the ISK and I end up not enjoying things, I will return as much as I have left.

Thanks ahead of time.

Activated Node
    Black, install the client ASAP so we can get the ball rolling. Also send me a PM with your e-mail so i can send an invite your way. You'll make an account from that invite and then sign in throught the client, and become an instant internet spaceship hero!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Psy: Left you a message with my gaming related email. I am on US East coast time and utterly exhausted tonight. I am downloading the client now and should have everything up and ready no later than about 9a-10a tomorrow, US East Coast time.

Thanks again.

Activated Node
    Invite sent, cya in space! Look for us in RPS Community channel, I'm dude macguy / gara diavolo / maverick one / everyone else!

what is the basic civility?

Activated Node
    Depends, we have some people from the woods but overall we're very well behaved.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well...tried EVE for 3 hours this morning. In game name is Ravyrn. Got through the Gallente Tutorial missions - until "The Academy." I needed to get the Free Operating License and take it to Aura. Well, I got the license, and she is at the Academy.

But the mission just stays in Offered status. No way to complete it. So...after 3hrs I am hopelessly stuck and frankly not really looking forward to the idea of starting over again. If anyone has any pointers on how to get past this, I would appreciate it.

Activated Node
    Black, hit us at the RPS Community channel so we can help you, but I take it you're in the destination location? Review the dialog for the mission and check if all points have a check on it - see if there's anything lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyComa View Post
    Darth, hoarr was trolling me when answering you, bud. Cheer up

He just takes any stab he can at Gara's Spaceship Revolution, which ended very badly but as all true revolutions should, worked wonders on paper.

Anyway we're also poaching, so consider tagging along. Don't be a renter or a pet, be a hero!
    All good May be in a renter alliance but we're finally on the map and we shoot the landlords on occasion. I can shoot the landorlds and I have plenty of Russians to shoot (Some may remember I hate them in the game with a burning genocidal fiery flame of fucking fury) so I'm quiet happy where I'm at The people I'm with are good fun Thanks for the invite though.

Always wanted to see what it was like being in RPS in an MMO. Tried in Perpetuum but they kicked me in the space of ten minutes with no reason, and refused to talk to me afterwards. :P

I'm hoping to get back in the game in the next couple of weeks though, college is nearly over!! \o/
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Activated Node
    You were kicked for no reason?

THE GALL OF THESE PEOPLE! I can't imagine you ever doing ANYTHING to warrant being kicked, right? Right??

Also please enlighten me how does that "i can shoot the landlords" thing works. Isn't that, like, counter-productive?

Sup, since EVE Inferno is now $6.90 on Steam, I no longer have any excuses of not getting finally into EVE.

It was known to me that it is a common practice to get referrals from existing players for a longer trial period, and of course, the crucial PLEX split when the subs kicks in. Anyone into it?

So ya, I need to some place to start and I guess RPS is a good enough choice, you guys seem... civil.

Also, I heard that the free PLEX referral program doesn't work on steam purchase, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by PsyComa View Post
    You were kicked for no reason?

THE GALL OF THESE PEOPLE! I can't imagine you ever doing ANYTHING to warrant being kicked, right? Right??

Also please enlighten me how does that "i can shoot the landlords" thing works. Isn't that, like, counter-productive?
    Well...when I found out that the game had a bio for your character and I had no warnings in the game I took full advantage of it, as I usually do. Shortly after I announced that I made my bio I got kicked @'__'@
    But you're absolutely right! The gall of those people are incredible!! Clearly I'm too good for them and I got bored with my robot. It didn't have lasers, and that's just not cool.

You know, originally I thought so too. But it's awesome. The landlords wants people to shoot at, so they refuse to make people blue. That means that we can roam in their space and shoot them, and they have roamed into our space and shoot us too. As long as we don't assault POSs and such, they won't as well and it's all good. Honestly, having a few neuts around close by is awesome. Means that I don't have to fly the gauntlet looking for scrubs thinking gate camping is the way to go for PvP.

We're expecting them to be kicked out or pulling out eventually. So when I spoke to the Fuher of the alliance he said that he's been talking with all the members and telling them to stockpile weapons and ships and await for the shitstorm. We've now hit a thousand peeps or so and he's waiting for the day for the fight to come to us. Honestly I cannot wait, a bit of drama is always good and it teaches people PvP. Nothing beats suicidal stealth bombing, but it's a good start for them.

And if I'm not happy with where I'm at anymore I'll re-open a corp I created a few months ago, Flying Rainbow Unicorns. That or join you guys, spy my way to the top, and eventually rename the corp Flying Rainbow Unicorns or something similar. It'll be pretty, oh so pretty. Yes, very pretty.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Quote Originally Posted by AgitoBlues View Post

Also, I heard that the free PLEX referral program doesn't work on steam purchase, is that true?
    Oh nvm disregard that, steam is selling the cd key not a sub, but still, any invites?

Quote Originally Posted by AgitoBlues View Post
    Oh nvm disregard that, steam is selling the cd key not a sub, but still, any invites?
    Unfortunately I cannot give any, as my account is not subbed at the moment. However, this forum is checked on a frequent basis so someone from RPS Holdings will get back to you

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

@Agito

Heard some swell guys are on the way here to help you out!

I am sadly inactive so I can't help you out. But I'll gladly laugh at you when you face the despair of the EVE learning curve.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Activated Node
    BOOOOOOOB!!!! When do you plan on returning to us, dude? We miss your beehive.

Agito, I've sent a pm to you for the invite.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mentor07825 View Post
    We're expecting them to be kicked out or pulling out eventually. So when I spoke to the Fuher of the alliance he said that he's been talking with all the members and telling them to stockpile weapons and ships and await for the shitstorm. We've now hit a thousand peeps or so and he's waiting for the day for the fight to come to us. Honestly I cannot wait, a bit of drama is always good and it teaches people PvP. Nothing beats suicidal stealth bombing, but it's a good start for them.
    What exactly is going on, my good man?

Hey guys, just finished the ​gallentean tutorial missions and I'd love to join the corp.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by acornlad12 View Post
    Hey guys, just finished the ​gallentean tutorial missions and I'd love to join the corp.
    Go talk to us in the RPS Community in-game channel!