Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 592
  1. #521
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The land of slain white knights
    Posts
    851
    Looking for an EvE code to see what's changed and willing to be a tackler and get my shit podded.

    PM me if you can help out

  2. #522
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    93
    Shot you a PM

    We're currently doing Faction Warfare which means lots and lots and lots of daily fights. It's quite fun

  3. #523
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    460
    I love to hate this game so I'd greatly appreciate if someone would PM me with an offer for my 6th or 7th trial account. I'd love to join RPS Holdings and learn the ropes.

  4. #524
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    I love to hate this game so I'd greatly appreciate if someone would PM me with an offer for my 6th or 7th trial account. I'd love to join RPS Holdings and learn the ropes.
    Shot you a PM as well. You can all find us in the RPS Community chat channel in-game

  5. #525
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    460
    Can you please enlighten me as to how I can join the RPS Community chat channel? I tried searching for the corporation but could only figure out how to search by parameters like objectives and time of day, not by name.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    Can you please enlighten me as to how I can join the RPS Community chat channel? I tried searching for the corporation but could only figure out how to search by parameters like objectives and time of day, not by name.
    Search for "Rock, Paper, Shotgun" in the Steam community window, and you'll find the steam group. You can join the chat channel from there.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

  7. #527
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Search for "Rock, Paper, Shotgun" in the Steam community window, and you'll find the steam group. You can join the chat channel from there.
    Boy is Steam's community search feature stupid. I search for "rock paper shotgun" and nothing comes up. I search for "rock, paper, shotgun" and several groups show up, including some spelled "rock paper shotgun" without commas. Dur!

    I just joined this limey looking group. Would this be the right one?
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps

  8. #528
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    Can you please enlighten me as to how I can join the RPS Community chat channel? I tried searching for the corporation but could only figure out how to search by parameters like objectives and time of day, not by name.
    We meant the in-game chat channel. Once you're in game, check the chat windows - there's a little speech balloon icon. Click that and join the "RPS Community" chat!

  9. #529
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyComa View Post
    We meant the in-game chat channel. Once you're in game, check the chat windows - there's a little speech balloon icon. Click that and join the "RPS Community" chat!
    Thanks, I'll do this tonight.

    I tried asking about this on the RPS Steam chat channel but the mention of Eve got me the leper treatment from some.

  10. #530
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    93
    People fear what they don't comprehend.

  11. #531
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    I dropped in an application and sent a message to both Tigran and Bobhound but I thought I should introduce myself here too.
    Been a long time reader and forum lurker but I finally came out of the shadows and registered in order to take another crack at EVE.

    I'm sure you know the story. Played a few times over the last 4 years or so. I ran a tiny mining corp with RL friends for awhile. Now I'm looking to try again with an eye on making some friends, and trying my hand at PvP. I'll definitely have some work to do with learning the PvP aspects, and I'm a little rusty UI-wise but I'm currently training some of the more advanced tackling skills and excited to see where my EVE career goes this time.

    Thanks,

    Brenik Kross
    Last edited by Tethered; 20-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  12. #532
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    257
    Hey all, I just posted over in the EVE thread in General Discussion a bit ago giving a semi-detailed account of my experience because I hadn't checked over here for a thread yet. Basically, I'm a hisec carebear wanting to tear the rainbow off my stomach and replace it with some nasty scars but don't know what to do or where to go, so I'm looking for a corp to join that will introduce me to the finer points of the game. I already gave a basic rundown of what my character can do in the other post, but I'll reiterate it here a bit - I can mine most hisec ores with a strip-fitted Retriever, my universal turret and launcher control skills are all at level 3 or higher, my core skills are up enough to fit everything decently, and I currently fly a faction/deadspace fitted Drake in LVL4's. I also have a small stock of 10 fitted Merlins and a couple Rifters available to me at the moment, from my earlier attempts to dive solo into losec PvP.

    I'm willing to toss a limited API key in the direction of the HR department so that you guys can get a full rundown of my current skills if you want. For the time being my skill training is aimed at maxing my turret control skills and getting up to T2 hybrid and projectile turrets while also trying to improve my general survivability. However, I'm willing and able to switch to whatever is needed.

    -Xiang Lau

  13. #533
    Network Hub Hanban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    290
    Heya mate,

    We're always looking for people who want to get blown up. Join the channel RPS Community in-game and shout at any RPS member online and they'll point you int he right direction.
    BobHound - EVE Online

  14. #534
    Network Hub Hanban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    290
    I'll also point out that due to my work-situation I'm not online to vet people these days so you're better off throwing your yelling att Hoarr, Kuro or Richard Mansk. The corp description says I deal with the recruitment but there is at the moment very little time for me to see to it these days.
    BobHound - EVE Online

  15. #535
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    257
    Well, I threw an application in in-game, and I was talking with a few of the people in the RPS Community channel earlier. I guess you guys have pulled out of null for the time being and are engaging in FW instead? Sounds like I'll have a better chance at learning the ropes and surviving at the same time, but maybe that's just me being optimistic. The only sad part for me is that you're on the Minmitar side, which means my standings are low compared to Caldari. Oh well, as long as it doesn't affect my standings with Caldari Navy I should be fine.

  16. #536
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Hey guys,
    jsut started with EVE myself, after getting sucked in by the trial account.
    I'd like to join the corp, how active are you guys? Also, will it pose a problem that I started my character as Caldari?
    Any help appreciated, I'd like to learn some ropes in null-sec, PvP and stuff.
    Cheers!

  17. #537
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    93
    Death to all caldari!!!1

  18. #538
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintElmo View Post
    Hey guys,
    jsut started with EVE myself, after getting sucked in by the trial account.
    I'd like to join the corp, how active are you guys? Also, will it pose a problem that I started my character as Caldari?
    Any help appreciated, I'd like to learn some ropes in null-sec, PvP and stuff.
    Cheers!
    It won't hurt you that you started as a Caldari because aside from starting skills and rookie ships your character race has almost no bearing on what you can or can't do. But you'll have to leave Caldari space if you want to join RPSH because right now they're engaged in faction war on the Minmitar side, which means the Caldari and Amarr are your enemies for as long as you stay in RPSH or RPSH stays fighting for the Minmitar. You will be a free target to everyone fighting on the Caldari or Amarr side of the war regardless of where you are(and the same goes for them), and going into Caldari or Amarr space will result in you getting attacked by navy/militia NPCs.

    As for activity, from what I've been told they're currently in a low period. They'll still accept you into the corp, but you're going to be told that, aside from a few things here and there, you'll mostly be fending for yourself and having to learn the ropes on your own unless you catch some people on. Regardless of that, though, you'll still be expected to learn stuff yourself. Of course, they do have tutorials and videos that they'll link you to that will explain the basics of PvP and how to do certain things which will make learning to PvP easier.

    I'm in largely the same boat as you in terms of PvP experience, though I do have more general time under my belt, and I've just gotten myself out of Caldari space so that I can join up with the RPSH guys. Most of what I've told you about RPSH has been what I was told when I talked to Hoarr a few days ago.

  19. #539
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by unruly View Post
    It won't hurt you that you started as a Caldari because aside from starting skills and rookie ships your character race has almost no bearing on what you can or can't do. But you'll have to leave Caldari space if you want to join RPSH because right now they're engaged in faction war on the Minmitar side, which means the Caldari and Amarr are your enemies for as long as you stay in RPSH or RPSH stays fighting for the Minmitar. You will be a free target to everyone fighting on the Caldari or Amarr side of the war regardless of where you are(and the same goes for them), and going into Caldari or Amarr space will result in you getting attacked by navy/militia NPCs.

    As for activity, from what I've been told they're currently in a low period. They'll still accept you into the corp, but you're going to be told that, aside from a few things here and there, you'll mostly be fending for yourself and having to learn the ropes on your own unless you catch some people on. Regardless of that, though, you'll still be expected to learn stuff yourself. Of course, they do have tutorials and videos that they'll link you to that will explain the basics of PvP and how to do certain things which will make learning to PvP easier.

    I'm in largely the same boat as you in terms of PvP experience, though I do have more general time under my belt, and I've just gotten myself out of Caldari space so that I can join up with the RPSH guys. Most of what I've told you about RPSH has been what I was told when I talked to Hoarr a few days ago.

    Yeah, he's right. That's definitely most of what you need to know right now.

    Some basic rules apply, that is, don't be a jerk, don't be a weirdo, don't be stupid... or else our CEO will feel his position is being threatened

    It's just that. As unruly said we're going through a low activity period (I myself am quitting the game) but all the cool dudes are still playing, still derping, still having fun. You'd do well to join Rpsh. FW is fantastic once you get used to the mechanics, there are targets everywhere and you never spend more than 5 minutes looking for hostiles. Good luck!
    Last edited by PsyComa; 10-07-2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: trying harder to offend Hoarr

  20. #540
    Network Hub Hanban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    290
    For any EON subscribers out there you'll be pleased to read about RPSH in the coming issue. E-fame!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •